Notices
ECU Flash

EvoScan buggy...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoScan buggy...

So I have worked in the software industry for 6y now, and I think I have seen some buggy software, but EvoScan is up there with the buggiest. First a few things:

Acer Revo running XPsp3, clean install, 2gb ram, nvidia video, atom processor, Tactrix 2.0 cable logging on MUTIII

Second, I am not sure if this is EvoScan or the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable/drivers. But the problems are horrible:

1. Start EvoScan, start logging, and drive around a while. Everything is working good, no problems, etc. Now just exit out of evo scan (don't stop logging, just click the "x" and close it). Now start EvoScan back up and try to log. You can't. The link won't establish. To get the link to re-establish you have to change from MUTIII logging to CAN, try to log, then go back to MUTIII.

2. You can make the above happen by not just closing EvoScan while logging, but by the computer going into hibernate while logging then resuming.

3. Once you get the logging back up and going all your scaling will be off. For example, when I was driving at 20mph it said I was doing 30mph. 40mph read as 60mph etc. Temp scaling was at 1/2, boost was 1/2, speed 2x, the only thing that showed correctly was RPM.

4. Reboot cause crap is jacked up...and nothing changes, reboot doesn't fix it.

I got so pissed after working on this for 2hr that I just left it. I'll try and uninstall/reinstall the OpenPort 2.0 drivers next, then reinstall EvoScan after that. If the bugs persist I'll drop EvoScan all together cause I'm not dealing with bugs this bad.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Well, it's definately EvoScan that is getting messed up. Don't know the root cause, it still may be the OpenPort drivers as the root cause but it is definately messing up EvoScan. The scaling was off on everything because EvoScan switched over to Metric from Imperial (which is why RPM was showing correctly). Every time I shut down EvoScan it has to be reset, I have to select CAN, initiate logging on CAN, stop logging on CAN, then switch to MUTIII, change to Imperial units then start my logging. WTF? That's the only way I can get EvoScan to work.
Old May 13, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im having issues with Evoscan also, but it could be my cable.

I can start logging sweet, then maybe 30 seconds later tells me my usb cable is not responding, restart evoscan and it doesnt even try log, just tells me the error above.

I can unplug and replug the cable and it works again, maybe for longer sweet ill go for a drive and as soon as i get upper rpm it freezes and gives me the same message.

Im using 2.7, windows 7 32bit, i tried another lappy, same issue, i reformated to WinXP same issue
Old May 13, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

My issue was Centrafuse. That piece of crap software was grabbing the ports and locking out evoscan and causing all kinds of conflicts. When you were running your different OS's any other software installed? Or was it a blank OS?
Old May 13, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
in the 3 years that i have had evoscan i have not had a single one of the of the problems you have experienced..could it be the 2.0 cable? im using the 1.3 universal subaru/mitsu one
Old May 13, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im guessing its the cable, before i got my own i was using a mates 2.0 cable with no issues, im going to borrow his over the weekend and see if the issue is resolved.

It was a blank OS install + drivers + ecuflash + evoscan
Old May 14, 2010, 04:56 AM

I have problems with evoscan too.
Before I install the new ECUFLASH 1.43.3000 (beta) inklusive Firmware Update of my OpenPort2.0 it works. After I install it, the evoscan 2.7 beta didn't find the OpenPort2.0 cable via USB.
Other programs works. For example PCMSCAN and ECUFLASH itself.