Notices
ECU Flash

ill pay someone to fix my idle.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill pay someone to fix my idle.

i just started using tephra v7 96530607. and its seriously pissing me off. ive tried a million things to keep it from stalling out. nothing even seems to help.
i had no idle issues with my original rom. 9694013.
anyone have any ideas ?
the car will fall flat on its face if you give it some gas and let off. sometimes it picks itself back up sometimes it stalls.it shouldnt be able to go that low. i have not tried adjusting the screw on the tb,though . because i didnt think i should if it ran well with the other rom.
also after it sits idling for a while it will fall on its face and usually barely pick itself back up. help!! before i smash this thing lol
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Are you sure it is the rom?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...le-issues.html
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adcgn45
i just started using tephra v7 96530607. and its seriously pissing me off. ive tried a million things to keep it from stalling out. nothing even seems to help.
i had no idle issues with my original rom. 9694013.
anyone have any ideas ?
the car will fall flat on its face if you give it some gas and let off. sometimes it picks itself back up sometimes it stalls.it shouldnt be able to go that low. i have not tried adjusting the screw on the tb,though . because i didnt think i should if it ran well with the other rom.
also after it sits idling for a while it will fall on its face and usually barely pick itself back up. help!! before i smash this thing lol
boost leak test? I found a leak on my EGR block off plate. It was a ghetto *** setup and I just purchased an aluminum plate from Buschur for $25.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

well i havent done ahy tests like that because if i just switch the rom the car runs great
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

oh great i just got a p0505 idle control system. code
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
let boosted tuning help you.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I can actually help you and I live in Florida... I will PM you my number...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Properly set your BISS and you'll be fine. Otherwise you can use various ISCV and idle tables to resolve it as well.

The quickest fix is simply setting your BISS properly, though. This was dicussed several times about the various steps to converting to 9653 from 9694.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

ok i reset the biss and no more code..good. but the car still nearly stalls with the ac on in a parking lot or anytime your in drive with small throttle taps.
is this just something i have to learn to live with ? with cams anyway?
does anyone not have this problem?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

join the club. Im still having issues as well. Always when I slowly try to move the car around, clutch in and it stalls. ONLY with the 9653 or 9417 rom in place of my 9694 rom. Whether every table was copied over or starting from scratch.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor

playing with idle settings fixed my ac dipping.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
BTW I don't want your money, I just wanna help you out... I don't know if that is the reason you didn't call me... Set you BISS, log ISC steps at idle, and aim for 20 steps with out AC on. If it is above or below that then you have to adjust the BISS again. I would let it idle about 10minutes so the car can learn the idle after the ISC changes. Let the car idle with the AC on forabout 10 minutes as well. If just AC is jacked up bump the AC idle RPM (both) up like 100 RPM and see how that does. Next question is have you removed the EGR? Did you loop the vacuum line on top of the throttle body? If so this can and will mess with your idle as well, get vacuum caps, and let the car relearn idle again.... I still have more tricks if that doesn't work...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by adcgn45
ok i reset the biss and no more code..good. but the car still nearly stalls with the ac on in a parking lot or anytime your in drive with small throttle taps.
is this just something i have to learn to live with ? with cams anyway?
does anyone not have this problem?
No, it's definitely not something you have to live with. It definitely can be resolved.

What method did you use to set your BISS?
What are you ISC steps at idle with and without AC on?
What Idle RPM are you idling at?
What intake do you have? (if this didn't coincide with a new intake, then it doesn't matter)

All of your issues can easily be resolved with a properly set BISS and a few tweaks to various ISCV tables. That's it. No magic. Just have to make sure you are following the correct methods and adjusting the correct tables. Just in case, make sure that you have all of the ISCV tables that mrfred had found and that I have found for 9653 in your XML.

Of course this is assuming no mechanical issues or intake issues, but you mentioned that it was just from your old ROM to the new ROM, so I making an assumption that it's not mechanical or part related.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

and this is why I am proud to be an Evo owner. look at all this help being offered to this guy. Great job guys. Op between Freddie + l2r99gst if you cant fix your car then the world is going to end tomorrow.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

when i first tried to set it in sas mode the car stalled. so i adjusted out until the car would run.i used my zeitronix logger to see the rpms. and got it to dial in into the 700-800 area. it bounces with the cams. best i could do. isc steps without ac are at 32. im idling at anywhere from 940 to 1050. and i have a dejon pipe with a perrin foam filter. which worked fine before .50 at idle with the maf. and im running around 62-64 steps idle with ac on
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
No, it's definitely not something you have to live with. It definitely can be resolved.

What method did you use to set your BISS?
What are you ISC steps at idle with and without AC on?
What Idle RPM are you idling at?
What intake do you have? (if this didn't coincide with a new intake, then it doesn't matter)

All of your issues can easily be resolved with a properly set BISS and a few tweaks to various ISCV tables. That's it. No magic. Just have to make sure you are following the correct methods and adjusting the correct tables. Just in case, make sure that you have all of the ISCV tables that mrfred had found and that I have found for 9653 in your XML.

Of course this is assuming no mechanical issues or intake issues, but you mentioned that it was just from your old ROM to the new ROM, so I making an assumption that it's not mechanical or part related.

Quick Reply: ill pay someone to fix my idle.