Notices
ECU Flash

how does one find where things are in mut?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how does one find where things are in mut?

id like to know the steps involved in finding where things are.
more specifically 2 byte load in 9694013. im willing to do the work to find this info if someone can direct me in the right direction as far as how it is found
Old Jul 31, 2010, 01:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by adcgn45
id like to know the steps involved in finding where things are.
more specifically 2 byte load in 9694013. im willing to do the work to find this info if someone can direct me in the right direction as far as how it is found
2byte load in 96940013 should be at the same address as 2byte load in 96940011.

And really, you need to move to a more supported ROM. Or you'll be making these threads everyday.

Also, member "L2r99gst" also had that ROM in his car before moving to 9653. He may be able to help you out on addresses for that ROM.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Jul 31, 2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

well thank you but ive already tried using the numbers from 4011 and it didnt work.
as far as a more supported rom. and doing more work ,i spent the entire day and night working on 9653 v7 in my car and it still stalls at idle with the ac on. and the only reason i switched was to log 2 byte load. not a fair trade for crap idle i think . so i think its easier to make my stock rom log 2 byte load then play with this 9653 rom.
those are the only two i can use. 9417 is not available ive tried it.
ive had two different guys try to fix this idle and its a problem in the rom ,im not the only guy that has this issue. weve checked the maf scaling,stft and ltfts. and all the corrections in the world to the iscv dont do it. so im back to my stock rom and the car is running great again.

im not looking for a greatly supported rom, just one thing 2 byte load. im not trying to build some 700 hp cornfed monster. just the basics and a tune around 400 hp and im done with it.i built too many 600 hp cars and in the end i hated them and sold them
Old Jul 31, 2010, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor

well thank you but ive already tried using the numbers from 4011 and it didnt work.
as far as a more supported rom. and doing more work ,i spent the entire day and night working on 9653 v7 in my car and it still stalls at idle with the ac on. and the only reason i switched was to log 2 byte load. not a fair trade for crap idle i think . so i think its easier to make my stock rom log 2 byte load then play with this 9653 rom.
those are the only two i can use. 9417 is not available ive tried it.
ive had two different guys try to fix this idle and its a problem in the rom ,im not the only guy that has this issue. weve checked the maf scaling,stft and ltfts. and all the corrections in the world to the iscv dont do it. so im back to my stock rom and the car is running great again.

im not looking for a greatly supported rom, just one thing 2 byte load. im not trying to build some 700 hp cornfed monster. just the basics and a tune around 400 hp and im done with it.i built too many 600 hp cars and in the end i hated them and sold them
Yes 9653 sucks. I dont recommend it for any USDM cars.

Use 9417. It IS available It WILL work. And it will work on a 05, I did the testing. I have told you this in a couple threads. If you need help getting it to work, PM me or email me, Jay@boostedtuning.com

You WILL want a supported ROM. You think you may just need 2byte load now, but I guarantee you will want to add something in the future and the 9694 ROM is NOT supported.

Or at least just use 96940011. Its much more supported then 96940013.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

i tried to download 9417 from evoecu and it was incomplete. stopped right after the isc tables no mut or anything. do you have a complete 9417 you could send me? email is adcgn45@aol.com
thanks
Old Jul 31, 2010, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

i tried to download 9417 from evoecu and it was incomplete. stopped right after the isc tables no mut or anything. do you have a complete 9417 you could send me? email is adcgn45@aol.com
thanks
It wasnt the ROM that was incomplete, it was your definition file aka .xml file.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

ok i just got 94170715 v7 lets see how this one runs in my car. sucks though it doesnt have any base maps in it you have to build it from scratch(
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:17 AM
wip
Evolving Member

thanks
Clicky

ok i just got 94170715 v7 lets see how this one runs in my car. sucks though it doesnt have any base maps in it you have to build it from scratch(
?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
It wasnt the ROM that was incomplete, it was your definition file aka .xml file.
thank you i love how you chime in just enough to tell someone they are wrong,but dont actually say anything about a solution or offer anything up. but how can i blame you ? your in this for money.lol
Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor

thank you i love how you chime in just enough to tell someone they are wrong,but dont actually say anything about a solution or offer anything up. but how can i blame you ? your in this for money.lol
I guess you dont know me, as I have been a member of this forum for over 5 years and have helped numerous people with problems. I have only been a vendor since the beginning of this year and I still help many people with problems for free.

Also, I responded to your emails and have been helping you, so I have no idea why you'd make a comment like the one you just did. Im not gonna spoon feed you every lil thing about tuning. Maybe you should read up more.

And I defiantly do NOT do this for the money. I do this for the passion.

To answer your current question, when downloading 9417 V7, there will be an .xml file aka definition file included. Place that file in your mitsu/evo definitions folder in the ECUFlash program files.

If you need more help, PM or email. (even though I shouldn't help you no more after you above comment)
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

sorry man not trying to talk badly dont take it the wrong way.
and i dont need everything spoon fed to me ,thank you.
you just mentioned the obvious which was that it was not defined and i knew that. i was looking for these definitions.
i asked if you had them so i wouldnt have to spend an hour sifting through crap to to get to them.
anyway i have a full 9417 v7 rom and i had nearly the same issues with ac on. it seems that when i get off the throttle it gets incredibly rich and i think this is what stalls the car. when i compared it to mt stock rom it didnt do this
i dont know what table to adjust to change this im guessing a decel fuel table but im not sure
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

oh and dont forget man there was a time when you didnt know anything about evo roms and xml files
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:54 PM
Former Sponsor

sorry man not trying to talk badly dont take it the wrong way.
and i dont need everything spoon fed to me ,thank you.
you just mentioned the obvious which was that it was not defined and i knew that. i was looking for these definitions.
i asked if you had them so i wouldnt have to spend an hour sifting through crap to to get to them.
anyway i have a full 9417 v7 rom and i had nearly the same issues with ac on. it seems that when i get off the throttle it gets incredibly rich and i think this is what stalls the car. when i compared it to mt stock rom it didnt do this
i dont know what table to adjust to change this im guessing a decel fuel table but im not sure
Most likely due to incorrect injector scaling.

oh and dont forget man there was a time when you didnt know anything about evo roms and xml files
Another unneeded comment. I never forget, hence why I still help new tuners.

If you'd like my help, you should be more polite.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

the scaling is the exact same in both roms. and my ltfts and stfts are within range. any other ideas?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 08:13 PM
Former Sponsor

the scaling is the exact same in both roms. and my ltfts and stfts are within range. any other ideas?
What are your mods?

What are you fuel trims?

Have you adjusted your BISS properly since being on 9417?

Quick Reply: how does one find where things are in mut?