Notices
ECU Flash

Can not get Evoscan Maptracer feature to work with V7

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can not get Evoscan Maptracer feature to work with V7

So I loaded Tephra V7 96530706 on my 03 Evo and the car run and drive fine but when I log in Evoscan 2.6 using only 1byte load with the formula of 1.3*x which matched the rom file the results do not load in Evoscan Maptracer.

Before I went over to Tephra mods I was logging 2byte load on 9417008 just fine.

I did add the xml definition on the bottom of post 2 in the v7 thread but it did not make a difference in Evoscan.

Also another thing that I notice in 96530706 is that there is no place to add the specified voltages for the Omni 4bar map sensor. Is that something that I need to add to this rom or is that something that is already set up on it. Thanks for the help

Oh by the way I am using Ecu Flash 1.42.2595 and the Openport 2 tactrix cable.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
log load calculated (along with 1byte) and it will work..
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i cant see the bottom half of the maps and cant get any values to show up in the upper table
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hediki12

Ill give that a shot and report back my finding. Ill post the CVS file if it doesn't work along with my xml for evoscan.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
i cant see the bottom half of the maps and cant get any values to show up in the upper table

Sounds like you are having the same issue as I am. Try what hediki12 recommended. Also what tactrix cable are you using evo8426?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drifterific
Ill give that a shot and report back my finding. Ill post the CVS file if it doesn't work along with my xml for evoscan.
sounds like a plan.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Alright so I went out and took a log and I logged 1byte which has the log reference of load and logged Load Calculated. But that didn't work.

But I also have the another 1byte load which has the log reference of Loadcalc. So I will log that one instead and see if that makes a difference along with logging Load Calculated.

for some reason it will not let me load the CVS or the Evoscan xml.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Alright so I went out and took a log and I logged 1byte which has the log reference of load and logged Load Calculated. But that didn't work.

But I also have the another 1byte load which has the log reference of Loadcalc. So I will log that one instead and see if that makes a difference along with logging Load Calculated.

ok just looked at my evoscan i remeber i changed teh name of 1byte load to " Load Calculated " this way i didnt loose data logging the actual *load calculated* and 1byte load. umm try closing the program and opening it again.. but it should definitely work once it has load calculated
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
That will work, but if load calc is off, everything in maptracer is off.

This is my "fix".

Go into evoscan, then "logging" in the top menu, then "edit data item list" at the bottom.

Go to "load calculated", under "log reference", change it from "LoadCalc" to "ECULoadCalc"

Then go the "Load 1byte", under "log reference", change it from "Load1B" to "LoadCalc"

Now when you use Maptacer, it will work and it will follow 1byte load. The only thing is when you look at logs in Excel, 1byte load will now be labeled "LoadCalc".

This is the only way I have found to make 1bye load work with maptracer.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ok just looked at my evoscan i remeber i changed teh name of 1byte load to " Load Calculated " this way i didnt loose data logging the actual *load calculated* and 1byte load. umm try closing the program and opening it again.. but it should definitely work once it has load calculated
I didnt even see these two post....
Old Aug 5, 2010, 02:53 AM
Evolving Member

I did the changes to Evoscan that Boosted Tuning recommended and did a log but Maptracer still doesn't seem to be working for me.

Log after changes
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...thkey=CN39g6oJ

EvoScan Xml file
http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5yo...ODg2YmYy&hl=en

Version of Tephra V7 I am using

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5yo...MDhhZWU5&hl=en

After looking at the Log for what ever the reason RPM was unchecked. I will do a new log tomorrow and post the link here. Also I noticed on the log that LoadCalc did not log but it was checked on in EvoScan.

Last edited by drifterific; Aug 5, 2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

I did the changes to Evoscan that Boosted Tuning recommended and did a log but Maptracer still doesn't seem to be working for me.

Log after changes
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...thkey=CN39g6oJ

EvoScan Xml file
http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5yo...ODg2YmYy&hl=en

Version of Tephra V7 I am using

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B5yo...MDhhZWU5&hl=en

After looking at the Log for what ever the reason RPM was unchecked. I will do a new log tomorrow and post the link here. Also I noticed on the log that LoadCalc did not log but it was checked on in EvoScan.
you use the space bar to start and stop logging dont you. lol
Old Aug 5, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Got it working

you use the space bar to start and stop logging dont you. lol

Yeah I use ctrl+spacebar to start and stop the logs. I like using keyboard shortcuts when Im doing logs in the car.

So I got Maptracer working with the recommendation of Boost Tuning. The logs look good for the amount of boost I am running. Although when I looked at Evo scan i noticed that I was logging 2 different 1byte loads.

One is Load 1Byte with the reference of LoadCalc and the other is Load 1Byte with the reference of Load.

When reviewing the log they do not seem to be that much different. Is there any reason to change this or can I just leave it the way that it is since it is working.

Here is the link to the working data log

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...kR3FzLVE&hl=en

I went and looked at the data log at LoadCalc and Load columns and they are logging the same exact number so I really don't see a reason to change it since it is working.

One quick question about tephra though. I am using an Omni 4 bar map sensor but there is no where in the rom to add the voltage offset for the map sensor. Do I need to add those tables to the rom?

Thanks for all the help hediki12 and boosted tuning.