Notices
ECU Flash

Help: Car Nearly Stalls After Fujita F5 Intake and UICP Install

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Help: Car Nearly Stalls After Fujita F5 Intake and UICP Install

OK I have been fighting with this problem for a couple of weeks now and haven't managed to make much progress. I've searched and read and searched and read and searched and read some more but nothing I've tried seems to fix the problem.

A couple of weeks ago I installed a Fujita F5 Intake and UICP. The car previously had an HKS style intake and stock UICP on it. After installing the Fujita kit I immediately started having problems with the AFRs dropping to around 10.X when coming to a stop and the car nearly stalls. It doesn't actually die but it's very annoying and I've noticed that this doesn't usually happen until after I have been driving for a few minutes and the car has warmed up. I noticed shortly there after that my LTFT low was maxed out at 12.6512 so I tried adding latency to the injectors to correct that and have managed to get the LTFT low down to a much more reasonable number of 4.6111, although I had to add latency several times to acheive this. I thought that that would fix the problem but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I've read that rescaling the MAF might help but I've also read that that's usually not a good idea. So if anyone has any other thoughts or idea for me on what to do I would greatly appreciate it. Here are my current Injector Latency and MAF tables and my mods are in my sig. I'm also on stock injectors and the ROM ID is 94170015

I'm guessing that switching back to the old set-up would fix the problem but I'd rather not do that since I already went through the hassle of making the switch and I like the fact that the Fujita kit uses silicone hoses so hopefully I won't have anymore issues with the hose blowing off the IM. Plus this kit looks 100 times better

Last edited by Ian0611; Aug 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Any thoughts on this?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boost/vacum leak?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Two possibilites:

1. You have a vacuum/boost leak that is letting unmetered air into your system. That's why the fuel trims are maxing positive.

2. Your new intake is screwing with the maf readings. There isn't a ton that could be done here, but rescaling the maf will help.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I suggest going back to stock MAF values, reset the ECU, and try your scaling and latencies on the new intake. If you can get them down to +/-5% you should be good to go.

I had an HKS intake and it created all kinds of havoc on the idle and tune. MAF adjustments were necessary for proper running. The silicon style intakes are much better at maintaining Hz than the metal styles.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to make 2 steps forward.

Oh and as others suggested...check for leaks too.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
I suggest going back to stock MAF values, reset the ECU, and try your scaling and latencies on the new intake. If you can get them down to +/-5% you should be good to go.

I had an HKS intake and it created all kinds of havoc on the idle and tune. MAF adjustments were necessary for proper running. The silicon style intakes are much better at maintaining Hz than the metal styles.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to make 2 steps forward.

Oh and as others suggested...check for leaks too.
Could someone post the stock MAF values for me. The ones that I posted above are the ones that have been on the car since I bought it so I wasn't sure if they were the stock values or not. I've tried searching for the stock values but haven't been able to find them. However, my Hz at idle seem to be OK. Usually they're between 31.25 and 37.5. Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

What rom are you running?? I ask because the scaling is different on different rom versions
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
What rom are you running?? I ask because the scaling is different on different rom versions
Sorry, I should've mentioned that earlier. 94170015. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Looking at your posts above, your rom is not up to date with the proper scalings and such. Shoot me an email at the same screen name as here at g mail dot com. I will send you an updated set of XML files and get you going in the right direction. Heck, I might even make suggestions on a tune.

Paul
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Just wanted to update this in case someone runs into a similar problem. Turns out that I had a couple of things causing the near stalling issue.
1.) Small boost leak at the intake manifold
2.) Exhaust leak on my O2 housing gasket between the housing and the turbo
3.) Made some changes to the Decel Fuel Cut Delay tables. Basically I made them all look like the one with smallest values. On my ROM I think it's called "Decel Fuel Cut Delay- Neutral A/C Off" but it might be labled differently in other roms.
4.) Appauldd was kind enough to send me some new roms to get me going in the right direction. Thanks again Appauldd I couldn't have done it without you!

So in summary. There's absolutely no issue with running the Fujita Intake and UICP as long as you tune it and don't have any other mechanical issues.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Glad I could give you a hand.

Paul