Notices
ECU Flash

can't log wideband, tried just about everything

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't log wideband, tried just about everything

I had the full setup working on the same laptop already, but when I sold my first evo I sold my LM-1 and the tactrix cable I was using. So with this evo ix se I had to buy another lm-1 (used) and another cable (1.3u limitless).

So first I tried using the same programs I already had and only was able to get ecuflash 1.40 to work (1.30 wouldn't connect) and evoscan 2.0. Ecuflash would flash fine but evoscan wouldn't log from the serial cable from the lm-1.

I checked the com ports and they were okay but still not logging from the wideband. I then bought a serial to usb cable from best buy and tried that. I loaded the drivers from that cable and it connected fine, but still wouldn't log the external wideband in evoscan. All other parameters log fine.

So tried completely uninstalling ecuflash and evoscan and reinstalling both programs. After the programs load and I connect the cable, the windows notification says that drivers still need to be loaded. so I choose to have it load them automatically. After the drivers load the limitless cable is connecting as a serial port. I'm wondering if this is the problem since wideband is connecting through a serial port as well. No matter what I do I cannot get the computer to load all the drivers for the cable as a regular port (non-serial).

Also, I was looking in my directory in windows xp for the C:/windows/inf directory in order to delete the inf files from previous evoscan versions per the evoscan website but windows xp doesn't seem to have a c:/windows/inf directory.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ecu

does anyone know if it's normal for the cable to be added as both a port and serial bus controller? When I load ecuflash and evoscan everything loads fine. Then when I connect the cable a screen pops up saying I need to add the drivers for the cable. After it runs through and loads the drivers, the screen comes up again saying I need to load the serial driver as well. If you load both, it shows up in both the ports and serial bus controllers. If you cancel the second setup then the cable won't be set up correctly, I'll still get the message saying the drivers aren't set up for the cable. is this normal?