Notices
ECU Flash

Can knock Sum detection pull boost?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:01 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by infini_IV
Are you some kind of jcbanks groupee or something???

Raw data. clearly you dont understand it, if we were logging raw knock sensor data we would have a consistant "knock sum" directly proportionate to knock voltage

you have offered zero constructive input. your child like ad hominem wont prove your argument either, Why wait for everyone else to post then add your comments?

from what i have come to expect from your posts, will we see a little "haha i told you so" from you? i know your dying to get it in somewhere

Raw as in straight from the ECU, with no Evoscan scaling to have wrong like you insist it is.

1 knock sum logged in evoscan does not equal 1* of timing pulled, which has been stated many times by many people in this thread yet it seems like you keep insisting that it's knock retard, not knock sum.

Did you know that knock sum is capped at 36 in the ECU? Does that mean to you it's actually pulling 36* of timing?

I find it funny that you say you are "open" to the data as being different but as soon as everyone posts something else you stomp your foot down saying no my MUT tool is the pillar of truth!

I'll ask you again (forth time I think), have you searched any of the Disassembly posts on this matter?

- Bryan
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
1 knock sum logged in evoscan does not equal 1* of timing pulled, which has been stated many times by many people in this thread yet it seems like you keep insisting that it's knock retard, not knock sum.

Did you know that knock sum is capped at 36 in the ECU? Does that mean to you it's actually pulling 36* of timing?
"For the fourth time" im perfectly aware of this, clearly you havnt been reading (or at least understanding) what i have been saying.

lets break it down and g o r e a l s l o w f o r y o u
The figure as in the number (broken down enough for you?) is not important as like has been said it has been scaled
Its what is ACTUALLY being logged is timing retard, no one cares if evoscan grabs it times it by 1000 divides by 200 bends it in half or reverses over it.
The actual item of data pulled from the ecu before being scaled or whatever you like to call it is knock retard

Now i dont think i can be any clearer or break it down any more unless you want it in syllable's?????
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by infini_IV
"For the fourth time" im perfectly aware of this, clearly you havnt been reading (or at least understanding) what i have been saying.

lets break it down and g o r e a l s l o w f o r y o u
The figure as in the number (broken down enough for you?) is not important as like has been said it has been scaled
Its what is ACTUALLY being logged is timing retard, no one cares if evoscan grabs it times it by 1000 divides by 200 bends it in half or reverses over it.
The actual item of data pulled from the ecu before being scaled or whatever you like to call it is knock retard

Now i dont think i can be any clearer or break it down any more unless you want it in syllable's?????
So now for the 5th time you have been told.....

EVOSCAN DOES NOT divide it or add or do any type of equation to it. EVOscan also does NOT scale it. its logs KNOCK SUM RAW from the ECU

I dont think WE can be anymore clearer or break it to you any better.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Sep 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 01:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok this thread is closed. Absolutely no valuable information here that hasn't been discussed accurately in excruciating detail in other threads.