Notices
ECU Flash

Zetronix ZT-2 questions ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zetronix ZT-2 questions ?

Hi Evo owners, I'm interested and would like to learn how to tune an evo, I got ECU flash, Evoscan, and Tactrix cable ready and

I'm going to buy Zetronix ZT-2 But Just have a few questions that need tuners and member help me out
1. Can I tune evo by Zetronix ZT-2 with out Gauge and LCD ?
2. Can I use Zetronix ZT-2 software for provide details about AFR via Laptop ?
3. Do I need anything Elses ?
4 Is this kit capable for tuning ?
http://www.maperformance.com/zeitron...ng-system.html.

5. Where I could get the long Cable ? I need to connect from the laptop all the way back to the Muffler.
6. Which exhaust clamp would I need ?

If you guys have link for installation before tuning or any recommend would be appreciated.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Answers are as follows
1. Yes. You can use it just to data log AFR's or whatever other sensors are hooked to it.
2. Yes but you can run the external wideband through evoscan. Better way to do it.
3. Just knowledge on how to tune and if you want to control boost you at least need a manual boost controller.
4. Yes. Use as said in #1
5. #4 has a wideband sensor. No need to run it to the back of the car. Run it through the floor board into the rear of the downpipe.
6. Not sure what you mean by exhaust clamp. You will need an o2 sensor bung to install the wideband sensor.

Look in the how to section for install help.

My only real recommendation is to get familiar with logging info via evoscan and then contact a tuner such as the guy in my sig and get an email tune. This will begin to get you familiar with the tuning process and at some point you will learn enough to start making some tweaks of your own.
My tune was the best money I have spent in mods for my Evo bar none.

Last edited by 4xforce; Nov 12, 2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you for your help
Actually I'm runing GM3 port and JDM 3 bar Map sensor

I know Its not accurate by put the O2 in the Muffler But I would like to use this way When I'm going to tune others car So I dont have to reinstall it again. So This kit is capable for Tuning right ? Cause When my car got tuned the Tuner just Install Zetronix at Laptop, glove box and Muffler So.....
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

I did logged my evo several time and I'm familiar with Evoscan and ECU flash. After my Tuner installed Zetronix at laptop glove box and Muffler then He started to tune it.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never done the sensor in the muffler thing but if you can figure out some sort of clamp to secure it I would assume you would be good to go. Just make sure that you are tuning cars that don't have a cat otherwise I would not trust the reading that sensor gives you as being accurate at all.

When you get the ZT-2 and figure out how to secure the sensor at the tailpipe then just run the wire back into the cab, hook it up to your ZT-2 and then the ZT-2 to your laptop. Power up evoscan and go to the wideband (I think?) tab on the top right. It will drop down a menu for you to select the type of wideband you are using. Once you do that it will ask you which com port on your computer the ZT-2 is hooked up to. Select the proper com port. Before starting data logging as you are selecting which parameters to log you must select external wideband. With the car started start the datalogger and make sure that you are getting a reading out of the wideband. If not check to make sure your cables are plugged in securely and verify you have selected the right com port. Hope this all helps.

Since I have never used a wideband that was not actually installed in my car I am not sure how you are gonna go about getting power to it. You could try messaging some of the tuners that provide remote tuning to see if they have done it or have suggestions. Good luck. I would rather install it as it's meant to be installed and just have friends or whatever get their own. By that's just me and I've been told I don't know squat about squat so.....
Old Nov 13, 2010, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

O2 sensor clamps are trouble. It does not take much of air to throw AFR readings out of the window. Kittens affect AFR reading as well. You really want wideband O2 sensor placed in a bung before a cat.