Notices
ECU Flash

WBo2 help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WBo2 help

I just got the LC-1 with gauge kit. I plan on only using the WB when i want to log and tune via Ecuflash and Evoscan...I dont want to use the gauge and i dont want to hardwire it into the car. is there a way that i can use it without the gauge? and power the sensor without wiring it in? like some sort of power adapter for the cigarette lighter?

thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What I first did with mine was cut the plug and wires off the rear o2(cut the wires like an inch away from the rear o2 sensor so you have about a foot of wire with the plug) and soldered my lc-1's connections to that so it was plug and play and didn't require any cutting of the factory harness to get the signal to the ecu.

For some reason I changed it and ran the power from the fuse panel, wire directly to the ecu, etc. Don't ask me why, as I don't remember why.

Are you planning on running the signal through the ecu, or just using a serial to usb adapter to log(so you have 2 usb cables going to your computer)?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

well my initial plan was to run then tactrix cable to my pc as i do now along with the wideband. but i dont want a gauge in my car and i dont want to hard wire it into anything..i want it as portable as my tactrix ya know..just unscrew the sensor and pull out the power source and be done.

I am hearing of ways to remove the factory rear 02 sensor and replace it with a WB and change some xml files and i will be able to keep the sensor in and log it when ever i want..this way i wont even have to connect anything to my pc aside from the Tactrix.

I am new to all this so any help is much appreciated.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I set mine up so it was powered from a "patch fuse" link to the interior fusebox: reversing lights circuit.

Also, you can wire up an analogue output to the OP2.0 directly - it can perform standalone logging from the ECU, and include ADC logging of input voltage on its Pin 8. Then you've got permanent analogue logging to OP2.0 for normal driving.

Of course, you can still use EvoScan digital-serial link whenever you want to.

Yes, you can use it without a gauge. The Innovate XD-16 is so pretty, though...

Rich
Old Apr 30, 2011, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

so i will just ignore the 4 small wires for the gauge ( yellow,black,brown,white) but i will take the red wire and add a fuse to the wire so i can pop it in for power? what do i do with the blue wire then?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

anyone?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well if you aren't using the xd-16 gauge, you still need to wire up the little calibration switch...
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

so does that mean the black wire gets tied into the red wire for power also..
I also heard you can get a cig lighter adapter and just wire the sensor into that. electrical stuff drives me insane
Old Apr 30, 2011, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

if you're going to install it stationary, then you must all the way connect it to power and run all the time when the car is driven

driving with unpowered seosor in the exhaust, damages the sensor
Old Apr 30, 2011, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

i was not going to drive with the sensor un powered. i want to use it only when i want to log and tune. so i dont want to hard wire it. i want to be able to simply thread in the sensor and plug it in for power and log away in evoscan.....
Old May 1, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

This is my attempt to power the LC-1. I still can not for the life of me get this thing to work. I followed what others said to do and the LED will not light up at all. I know there is power to the lighter port.. i know the adapter works when wired to other things.. so the problem is in my wiring. This is by far the most frustrating thing i have ever attempted to do with this car. From clutches to V7 roms to double pumpers this by far is the most annoying Fing thing i have tried to do.... anyone have any ideas?

I am tying to set this up so i can use the sensor when i want to without hard wiring it into the car. no gauge..just for logging in evoscan
Old May 1, 2011, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old May 25, 2011, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1 Idea

Bro,
I see what your trying to do and I think you may have been better off running with the LM2 handheld... Granted I don't know if you can tie that into evoscan. But I don't know of anyone else who has used an LC1 to do this. Maybe with Zextronix but not an LC1. Sorry