Notices
ECU Flash

Bucking or stutter at low load/rpm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ No it's at about 25-40 load, 1900-2000rpm. See log in my 1st post.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I got it now. Sorry I didn't look at the log...was on my cell, and was unable to read it. Also THAT IS A HUGE AMOUNT OF TIMING! Damn!! Make sure everything else is in order, or you will be just chasing yourself. Back in a sec.....
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Try blending/the numbers some...I see a big jump in timing. For part load conditions, it is usually best to find MBT timing for most cases. This allows the engine to operate as efficiently as possible, with optimal fuel economy and good throttle reponse. Good luck! It'll come together.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
running max timing at low loads like that is not what you want to do.. you will hurt the engine with misfires. but he does need to just troubleshoot and test what certain changes do. i bet if he loads my old map on it, it wont do it, but then he will have the ac dip but that can be fixed via the idle air controller and base idle set screw.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
running max timing at low loads like that is not what you want to do.. you will hurt the engine with misfires. but he does need to just troubleshoot and test what certain changes do. i bet if he loads my old map on it, it wont do it, but then he will have the ac dip but that can be fixed via the idle air controller and base idle set screw.

I see your point.....didn't know the history with the earlier map from you. But I bet if he goes back to it the problem will be sloved. IAC...and base idle set screw.

Why did he change from it? AC dip I'm guessing?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by utripin
I see your point.....didn't know the history with the earlier map from you. But I bet if he goes back to it the problem will be sloved. IAC...and base idle set screw.

Why did he change from it? AC dip I'm guessing?
ac dip yes. he likes to tune himself also.. so he tunes himself and does lots of stuff here and there on the car.. he knows what hes doing, but i think he just went the wrong route on the fix for this dip in rpm control issue.

its possible it doesn't cure the issue, but i dont see how not.. but he will update the thread with the fix.. if he cant figure it out ill help him figure it out.

so if you need help Dale just email me.. and we will figure it out. you know me.. i dont give up
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

Your a GOOD MAN! I'm at work, what's your reason for being up?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by utripin
Your a GOOD MAN! I'm at work, what's your reason for being up?
i have a retarded schedule + i need to stay up to call the UK regarding a turbo lol. since they are 5 hrs ahead and my schedule is really out of wack, i wont be able to contact them until about 4-5am
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

I'm happy to put back your original settings around the idle areas Tom and see if it sorts this stuttering issue at low rpm. I know you've had good results in getting a steady idle in other threads recently, so I'll follow that process and see where it ends up. If I get a nice steady idle with A/C on or off and it doesn't dip or stall when coasting to a stop with A/C on (clutch in), then I'm no worse off than I am now

Will post up how it goes and email you if I have any dramas. It's Chris by the way (you've got too many clients!)
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:20 AM
Former Sponsor

my bad LOL i thought you were Dale, because hes also from Australia. hopefully it gets sorted out if not we will trouble shoot it directly.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mine used to do the same until I cleaned out the throttle body..give it a shot n see what happens...could be the solution rem its always the small n tiny things that causes the big problems..
Old Jun 7, 2011, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

How old are your plug wires?

Athanasios

Last edited by Nashou66; Jun 7, 2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

OK I've made a few changes as per tscomp's suggestions in the v7 cold start thread. Basically all I've done is:

- Put a block of 12's back in the idle areas of the ign map rather than the higher values I had.
- Set "Desired ISCV intial step position with AC off-Neutral" to these settings https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/9129618-post30.html
- Set "Desired IDLE Rpm - neutral" all to 1000

Cold start is good and moves down to 1000rpm fairly quickly. It used to rev a bit higher, but my cold starts were generally OK anyway.

I've only driven to work on these settings this morning, but I could not reproduce the stutter/hopping at 1900rpm. Need more time to ensure it's not there. Note that I think the A/C idle might still need some work as it did dip below 1000rpm a couple of times when I switched the A/C on and let the revs drop from high rpm. Still it didn't stall which is a good sign
Old Jun 7, 2011, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nashou66
How old are your plug wires?

Athanasios
Haven't changed them since owning the car for about 4 years...
Old Jun 7, 2011, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eisen7
Haven't changed them since owning the car for about 4 years...
My MR is 6 years old and last week i went to change my plugs for the first time and this happened :

Have you changed plugs since then as well?

But it seams you may have solved the issue. Hope that was the fix.

Athanasios

Quick Reply: Bucking or stutter at low load/rpm