Notices
ECU Flash

Introducing AcidTune, a Cross Platform OpenGL Map Tracing Package

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
can we see the tracer on a 3d map like in ecuflash ???? i am a visual guy so the 3d maps rely help me!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
also i would recommend sponsoring one of the guru tuners on here to give there approval, will be good for sales for you because there are many map tracers out there but no one knows how reliable they rely are
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo420
also i would recommend sponsoring one of the guru tuners on here to give there approval, will be good for sales for you because there are many map tracers out there but no one knows how reliable they rely are
Any tuners want to volunteer? I had asked a few people to beta test, but since I had no demonstration people didn't think I had anything worth spending their time on.

Now would anyone who tunes professionally like to beta test? I'm only an amateur myself and don't pretend to be amazing

I'm shooting for releasing something shortly. It's just a matter of how polished at this point. If you want it earlier I can probably do so but with less robust handling of weird logs and idiotic input (like maps with load that goes up and down for the axis, and other things that would make your car toss a rod).

Last edited by acidtonic; Jul 15, 2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome. I have always struggled with the map tracer in Evoscan and never quite warmed up to logworks. Nice work!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 03:04 AM
Evolved Member

subscribing, this is some good stuff
Old Jul 16, 2011, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The interface looks really good, definitely something I'll be interested in. As a suggestion, though, is it possible to have the colors auto scale for min and max? IE the software picks out the lowest value and highest value and scales the colors accordingly.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by THUB
The interface looks really good, definitely something I'll be interested in. As a suggestion, though, is it possible to have the colors auto scale for min and max? IE the software picks out the lowest value and highest value and scales the colors accordingly.
Funny you mention that, I just implemented that feature last night. Today I'm working on snapshots and allowing the color of the trace line to be configurable. Also adding a save as png option so any visible map or snapshot can be exported.

I never showed it off in the demo, but the cell width and height is also configurable for each map. So you can shrink or grow the map for situations where you want to see the tracing better, such as a small screen on a laptop sitting in the car.

I have a nice surprise coming too, the ability to live trace a running car by basically tailing the Evoscan logfile as it's being written. Start Evoscan, start logging, and open that live log with the map tracer. It will keep playing at a steady speed and you basically have a visual indicator of the running car. Remember any maps are fair game, so you could view things other tracers can't and import your ISCV Stepper tables to watch the value move around on the map for smoothing out the idle.

You can also make a 1D TPS map and watch that to see the current throttle position as the other maps are traversed for instance...

Skys the limit
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

i like! great job on the cross platform, iphone integration =D
Old Jul 16, 2011, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

this is awesome, let me know if you need some help with coding , game dev guy here lol
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FX11
i like! great job on the cross platform, iphone integration =D
Woah there, I never said anything about the IPhone. Right now I only support Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX from the unified code base.

To do an Iphone app, I'd have to rewrite the app which means it probably won't happen. I also don't have an IPhone, but I do have an Android 2.2 7 inch Tablet. I think it may be able to run on that in the future, but currently it does not.

So in short, only Windows Linux and OS-X. No phones currently.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by acidtonic
Woah there, I never said anything about the IPhone. Right now I only support Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX from the unified code base.

To do an Iphone app, I'd have to rewrite the app which means it probably won't happen. I also don't have an IPhone, but I do have an Android 2.2 7 inch Tablet. I think it may be able to run on that in the future, but currently it does not.

So in short, only Windows Linux and OS-X. No phones currently.
lol i know brother, im just saying that these are baby steps that will maybe lead to that one day
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

If you want to send me a copy I will test it when I can. Wont happen until Monday when I get back in the office.

If you want shoot me an email:

Mitchm@amsperformance.com

Mitch
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drifting Away
this is awesome, let me know if you need some help with coding , game dev guy here lol
I would be happy to have some help. There is a credits page and all I can offer is a free copy if you contribute something along with your name and a link of your choice.

I have a few tasks if you are interested. PM me please.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Magnumpsi
If you want to send me a copy I will test it when I can. Wont happen until Monday when I get back in the office.

If you want shoot me an email:

Mitchm@amsperformance.com

Mitch
Thanks for your offer. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I have another build ready.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Good news! Made contact with Colby from EcuFlash who had no issue with my use of the colormaps or their redistribution.

With that said, I'm freezing new features tonight and working towards a release candidate. Give me a few days and we'll see what I can whip up.

Added support for choosing resolution along with fullscreen/windowed modes, and I added checkboxes to allow the user to toggle "hardware surfaces" and "Double buffering" from the UI.

Maps now detect the min/max value for coloring, but you can still override it if you like.

Snapshot feature and "export to png" features will be in this release. I'll get a copy out to my beta testers and hopefully you will see something before too long.

Quick Reply: Introducing AcidTune, a Cross Platform OpenGL Map Tracing Package