Notices

MAF Scaling

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAF Scaling

Hey guys.

I own a Ralliart Colt, Now I can ECU Flash this sucker, and it also uses the same part number MAF as the exo X

Now My Maf sits in a much smaller pipe 2.5" I think from the top of my head, Basically the end of the MAF is 1mm off the bottom of the intake pipe.

Its in a K&N Maf adapter at the moment.

But what my real question is, for all them guys up to speed on MAF scaling on the evo X

If I upgraded to a MAf adaptor that is used on the evo X, Would the stock MAF scaling on the evo X work for said adapter on my colt.

Give me a day or two and ill grab a screen shot of what I can scale for my MAF in ecuflash.

Cheers guys, I know its a long shot, but there are not too many smart guys in Australia willing to help out these day, or they are hard to find.

Or is there any Wollongong / South sydney guys lurking here that are smart on ECU flash?

Oh and for anyone whos curious on the colt, It runs an ecu thats half evo X and half evo 9 like. I get the evo X style boost control, minus the 2nd WGS but im running the GS 3port

Name:  IMG_0774.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  220.9 KB

1.5L of 4G15 powerrrrrrrrrrrr LOL it hit 133kw atw with like 25psi peak boost tapered to 14ish on a really bad lean tune.
m now running a less than stock 12psi due to annoying boost control issues on the stock ECU, just have yet to get it right yet.

Name:  IMG_0778.jpg
Size:  138.8 KB
Old Oct 5, 2011, 03:18 AM

Said screen shot

Name:  ecuflashscreenshot.jpg
Size:  172.0 KB
Old Oct 5, 2011, 07:55 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MaccaCOLT
But what my real question is, for all them guys up to speed on MAF scaling on the evo X

If I upgraded to a MAf adaptor that is used on the evo X, Would the stock MAF scaling on the evo X work for said adapter on my colt.

I'm guessing this is going to have to be a try and see situation, but that it won't be exact. The factory values are probably a good place to start, but the VE of the rest of the engine and the shape of the pipe will probably throw it off a bit. I imagine the car will drive OK and you *could* just tune AFR @ WOT, but I would definitely recommend trying to tune the MAF correctly at some point.

Nice car, and I hope that was a lucky draw on the license plate
Old Oct 5, 2011, 05:24 PM

Nah, Plate is not a luck of the draw, we can custom order content in our state

thanks for the help, Not sure if I can be bothered tuning a full MAF upgrade or just keeping the K&N adapter. Planning to get a PC680 size batter under the hood and remake the intake somewhat to get rid of some heat soak.

But the boost on these cars is a pain to tune as we dont have any MAP sensor so the car doesnt log boost, and the WGDC offset doesnt log in evoscan either.

But I do have a forge WG fitted, and a full set of springs waiting at home for my boost control issues, tuning massive WGDC's is so annoying when you cant log the damn boost.

Im just going to use a WG spring around 15psi and drag it up to about 18 for the 3-5k rpm area
Old Oct 6, 2011, 09:34 AM
EvoM Community Team

Nah, Plate is not a luck of the draw, we can custom order content in our state

thanks for the help, Not sure if I can be bothered tuning a full MAF upgrade or just keeping the K&N adapter. Planning to get a PC680 size batter under the hood and remake the intake somewhat to get rid of some heat soak.

But the boost on these cars is a pain to tune as we dont have any MAP sensor so the car doesnt log boost, and the WGDC offset doesnt log in evoscan either.

But I do have a forge WG fitted, and a full set of springs waiting at home for my boost control issues, tuning massive WGDC's is so annoying when you cant log the damn boost.

Im just going to use a WG spring around 15psi and drag it up to about 18 for the 3-5k rpm area
Tuning a MAF isn't really all *that* hard, it just takes time. I think there may even be some software for it.

Do you have an MDP sensor? If so you may be able to be nice to someone and have them find the calibration tables in your rom so that a evo X 3 bar MAP can be used (we did this in the USDM CT9A evos). I'm pretty sure you probably do.

Also, someone can probably find a WGDC correction address that is correct for you, or if you reference MUT locations for the CT9A you might be able to find it pretty easily and verify.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:15 PM

Nah, they car doesn't use any MDP / MAP sensor period.

Boost control and all fuel / air stuff is only done by the MAF.

Yeh, We had the mighty Merlin help us out a but, But as the Colt is a rare car, and this deff file is only for the aussie ECU, its hard getting help from a heap of people on the deff, but the work Merlin did was awesome.

More than enough in there to throw larger injectors in and get a decent tune which is more than 80% of people who flash the car will need.

It only jsut strange people like me who want that little more. I think I know what I might do with the intake now, Just need the time.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 07:59 AM
EvoM Community Team

Nah, they car doesn't use any MDP / MAP sensor period.

Boost control and all fuel / air stuff is only done by the MAF.

Yeh, We had the mighty Merlin help us out a but, But as the Colt is a rare car, and this deff file is only for the aussie ECU, its hard getting help from a heap of people on the deff, but the work Merlin did was awesome.

More than enough in there to throw larger injectors in and get a decent tune which is more than 80% of people who flash the car will need.

It only jsut strange people like me who want that little more. I think I know what I might do with the intake now, Just need the time.
It might not be immediate but all you have to do is ask. Post the ROM in the forum and ask for what you need. Usually someone is curious enough to look.