Notices

You won't believe this

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just went to openecu and it says that the latest software is 1.42.2595, where are u getting 1.43
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

btw when i try to connect with ecuflash , it says no response to any known code. wtf is that?? and then it says interface close. i can understand why it would happen while i was driving
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by villero1834
btw when i try to connect with ecuflash , it says no response to any known code. wtf is that?? and then it says interface close. i can understand why it would happen while i was driving
Please try to stick to one thread so that our responses can be linear. It isn't going to help your problem if people can't see half of what has transpired. You can post a link to the other thread in the one you plan to stick to if you'd like.

-----

Are you 100% sure you didn't try to initialize a flashing session while you were driving?

Are you using the standalone logger? Maybe your configuration had something funky.

newest beta (follow the rabbit hole): https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-computer.html

If it is stuck in programming mode try to do a read or use the ECUflash menu option to exit programming mode.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Nop i wasnt flashing at all, im running a 52680122 rom and like i said i was driving , i stepped hard on the gas an the car died on me, right away "check" came up on my lcd with a little hazard triangle, i pushed my car to the driveway and when i tried to start it again it wont, it runs tru all the service lights like low oil etc.. And fans wont go off.i tried to go in with ecuflash and it keeps closing the interface, evoscan keeps trying to connect, try to read ecu and nothing, upload a new ecu and nothing, try to exit programming state with a different rom and again it says interface closed. Allthis with the ecu on the car. Im trying to do as much as i can before i bench it
Old Nov 9, 2011, 04:32 AM

I finally found out why ecuflash wasn't working on my laptop. I had USB 3.0 on my left side and i was plugging into it. Did some research and found out the plugging in some USB 2.0 plugged into USB 3.0 had problems so when I plugged into my USB 2.0 on the right side it worked just fine. Weird thing is evoscan works on my USB 3.0 left side. Hopefully this helps some people.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Good to know that. Might comes in handy when I upgrade my notebook.
Thanks for the tip!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by MR_evoX
I finally found out why ecuflash wasn't working on my laptop. I had USB 3.0 on my left side and i was plugging into it. Did some research and found out the plugging in some USB 2.0 plugged into USB 3.0 had problems so when I plugged into my USB 2.0 on the right side it worked just fine. Weird thing is evoscan works on my USB 3.0 left side. Hopefully this helps some people.
I know this is an old post, but this post saved me from a heart attack and wanted to thank you for sharing!

Had the exact same symptoms as you MR_evoX and kept getting read errors right after I successfully flashed back to my stock rom and just shat bricks!

Turns out it was exactly that, I was using my openport 2.0 in a usb 3.0 slot and it completely messed everything up! Stuck in that programming loop (with the fan on, and cycling through errors). Once I read your post and switched to the USB 2.0 port everything worked like a charm and it was able to reset the ECU out of the programming loop!

So I guess this is a friendly reminder that if you're using an openport 2.0, stick to the USB 2.0 port!

Thanks fellow evo-X-er!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 09:30 PM

That’s what I think is so hilarious about USB – USB in theory was designed to standardize the connection of computer devices, but in the end there is no money in standardizing things if people don’t have to keep buying new charging cords for their cell phone.