Notices
ECU Flash

The wierdest EcuFlash problem.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The wierdest EcuFlash problem.

So I have a less than popular ROM (Evo IX wagon GT) and a less than popular XML (obviously). Having found the XML (88770005) I need, I put it into my metadata folder with the other evo XMLs on my laptop. All was well.

I decided to put everything across to my desktop PC. So having downloaded and copied all the files across, the tables for my ROM would not come up. I did a lot of reinstalling, copying and pasting from one computer to another (praise wifi) and moving many XMLs around. But nothing.

The problem: When I opened the XML to view (IE8) from anywhere except the metadata folder it showed exactly as it should. When I opened it from the metadata folder it only displayed ROM info. And the ROM info was different. To state the obvious, the file was copied and pasted so the only thing that changed was the location.

My fix was to create a file with the XMLs I needed away from the openecu file and the change the EcuFlash settings to get the XMLs from there.

So all is well (kinda). But WTF?

(Paging razorlab lol you da man)
Old Nov 5, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Its fine on the laptop though?

aaron
Old Nov 5, 2011, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Now that you mention it, a lot of the tables are incomplete on the laptop. But all the tables on the PC are complete. And what the tables are vary quite a bit.

Just realised that the inherited XML 89960000 are different. XML 89960000 on the PC inherits from evo9base and the latop one inherits from evo9base_20081101. And the tables are set out differently. PC has 1 VVT map but the laptop has 4 MIVEC tables. The 89960000 XML on the desktop has a few reliable sources (geekmapped, evo ecu wiki) but I don't know where the one on the laptop came from.

If I put the XML from the PC into the laptop metadata folder, the evo9base XML starts playing up the same way. Not opening properly (losing all the tables) from the metadata folder but opening fine from other locations.

On the PC, I've put 88770005, 89960000 and evo9base into a folder together, they all inherit from one another and show me my tables. But accessing them from the meta data folder doesn't go down well. (laptop or PC).
Old Nov 5, 2011, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Bringing the XMLs used in the laptop across to the PC brings up the same tables (complete/incomplete). So the PC and laptop are behaving the same. It's just that some XMLs aren't able to be opened properly when located in the metadata folder (openecu/ecuflash/rommetadata/mitsubishi/evo)