J2534 API Version: 04.04
J2534 DLL Version: 0.50.2598 Jun 26 2009 15:02:29
Device Firmware Version: 1.10.3020
sending init sequence 1 (0001)
sending init sequence 1 (0003)
sending init sequence 1 (FFFF)
no response to any known code
interface close
I keep getting this fraking error. Tomorrow it will work. The next day it wont work, then it will work, then it wont. I hate this! Does anyone know what the hell it means? People say "voltage", Well thats Bull. Brand new battery, Alternator, car is on charger to make sure it stays proper voltage. EvoScan reads 12.8v with engine shut off. It just has a mind of its own.

I really need to fix this perm. so I don't have to deal with this crap anymore. Does anyone know what the problem actually is for some sort of fix?

Pin79 not getting a good connection?
OP2.0 Not getting a good connection?

About to chop up the plug the OP came with and use that instead of the nice fancy one I installed and been using for the past year.

Last edited by DarkerStars; Feb 25, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
The VIIIs weren't as susceptible to the voltage problem as the IXs were so its probably not a voltage issue. The first thing I would try is see if you can borrow someone else's cable and see if its just the cable.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I know it couldn't be voltage unless it was due to voltage fluctuation or whatever. But even so, Voltage is at normal levels. Anyway like I said it tripps out and then works again. Right now its working again. I don't know what changed. I hard wired my flash wire to the ECU Harness. Tested it, it was good. So I added some wire to make the Mono Plug completely 1. Instead of 2 connections it would be one. kinda hard to explain. But just to see if it was wired wrong or whatever. Nothing changed. So I pulled the extra loose wire out and put the cable back together. Connected it back up and bam it started working.

What do you think about.... The solder points of the Tactrix have cracks in them? On the flash port. Because thats what the error is right? Pretty much saying its failing because the flash cable isn't connected. I was looking into finding a way to pull it apart to see if the solder points were cracked but don't wanna damage the case. Hopefully tomorrow its ok. Because it will be a good day to tune.