Notices
ECU Flash

switching to v7

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
switching to v7

ok so last time i thought i knew what i was doing and tried switching to v7 before tuning the car and reading. i ended up fudging my whole ecuflash program up and had to manually wipe the computer clean of any associated paths.

now that i have read and understand alot of what ecuflash has to offer im attempting to try again. i have downloaded and tested opening the v7 rom which i failed at last time. this time i got it down and it works. i haver not yet tried anything else, i have just gotten the rom to open in ecuflash and have not changed anything.

my question is, now what? do i simply copy over all of the 94170015 tables to the new patched rom and flash my car and then learn what everything else does before messing with them? i want to learn how to walk before i try and run since i recently had the car tuned professionally and dont want to blow it up.

the whole reason i switched is because once the car was tuned, the patches i had installed no longer worked for some reason. the main patch i wanted but did not work was the NLTS, valet mode, and flashing cel patch. once the car was tuned, and i tried to change the settings in the NLTS and flashing cel patch, the car would not start at all for some reason. YES I CHECKED THE IMMOBILIZER AND HEX. i figured i would try the tephra v7 rom and see if it would work since the tuner switched me from the previous 94170008 rom to the 94170015 rom and i did not want to switch back. thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Copy your maps over, then do things a step at a time. Start with all patches off, then CEL on knock, alt maps etc. It really won't take you long. Most likely culpriit for the non-starting is valet mode, so leave that until last.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats what i thought it was when i patched it in my 94170015 rom, but it worked before i was tuned. Car started and NLTS worked but when i tried after the tune it wouldnt.

What exactly are the global maps? And do i copy my fuel and timing to the main maps tables?