Notices

Maf Compensation and Fuel Trims

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013 | 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl
Ha ha, or the AEM once
Or Ecuflash/Evoscan if you want to avoid wrenching and take on a challenge.

It's really not that bad once you go through the process once or twice. Getting the wideband installed was the hard part for me. I sat next to my wideband for a few weeks until I got it on there. But I also had a bung welded on to the stock pipe on my IX so it wasn't plug and play with a test pipe.

After getting the wideband going, rom pulled, XML's setup, and the car flashed it's really not too bad. Especially since my first time was before Golden gave us his wonderful xml defs..... Now it's even easier imho.

Last edited by acidtonic; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2013 | 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

True, I'm not saying it can't be done, obviously it can and a lot of people are happy with it. I just hate being dependent on other people. What Tephra and Golden are doing is awesome for the community and I'm not knocking them in any way. But until they get spare time to work on the XML's I'm stuck.

If AEM had their plug and plug unit for this car like they did for my last few Hondas I'd already be up and tuning. Then I gain live tuning, built in wideband, software interface, built in logging, etc. I don't mind paying to gain all that stuff. But no plug and play EMS units for the X so I'll wait for ECUflash to work I guess.
Old Feb 2, 2013 | 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Exactly^^

In all honestly, i'd pay a good amount just to have a better software base for tuning/logging then ECUflash. I guess i've just been spoiled with AEM or DSMlink...but seriously imagine if ECUflash or something else was redesigned and made sleeker, simpler with added features like on the fly adjustments.

Id pay upwards of 400-600 for a good tuning interface, even if it is just a re-worked ECUflash. Just as long as it made significant advances. Like adjusting the 3d maps...from the Graph, multiple screens for tables...instead of just a list of items. Things like that.
Old Feb 2, 2013 | 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Same here. Improvements like that are worth the money. Then the developers would be making money on a product and have an incentive to keep things up to date other than kudos on forums.

Shoot, if AEM had a plug and play EMS for the EVO I would have just spent the $1,400 or whatever it costs and I'd have it already.

Hondata for Hondas is similar to ECUflash but with a pretty nice interface. Lots of options, much easier to just dive in. Changing sensors is much easier, no editing multiple tables.

Anyway, don't really feel like diving into a non plug and play setup so I'll just have to wait for an update. Still gonna look around at other options though.
Old Feb 3, 2013 | 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Let me know if you find anything.
Old Feb 3, 2013 | 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

No doubt, I'll post on here if I find anything out.