Notices
ECU Flash

check engine light help!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 03:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check engine light help!

hi i have 2 cel's coming on right now since i converted to v7, but i dont know what they mean!

P1400 Manifold Differential Pressure (MDP) Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0183 Fuel tank temperature sensor circuit high input

can you guys please help me by explaining to me what the above cel's mean...

before the convert there were no cel's..
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not really sure, but this is what I would do. Flash back to your old rom and see if they go away. If the do, confirm that the tephra rom you are using is the correct version for your car, if it is, try reloading the tephra rom. I have experienced a CEL when loading a new rom that went away by reloading it. Also you my try posting in the Tephramod V7 thread with this question as well.

It sounds like you either loaded the wrong rom or your scalings for those sensors are off. What MAP sensor are you using ?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by akeric
I'm not really sure, but this is what I would do. Flash back to your old rom and see if they go away. If the do, confirm that the tephra rom you are using is the correct version for your car, if it is, try reloading the tephra rom. I have experienced a CEL when loading a new rom that went away by reloading it. Also you my try posting in the Tephramod V7 thread with this question as well.

It sounds like you either loaded the wrong rom or your scalings for those sensors are off. What MAP sensor are you using ?
well i will try reflashing back to my previous rom, but that gave me a problem also it was the 96530706 rom and the rpm limit would just exceed what i had set, and that rom gave me cel's too but when i had the v5 rom i didnt experience any cel's..i converted cause i wanted the big maps feature.

and by the way the car drives fine and several times ive just cleared the DTC's from evoscan but as soon as i turn off the car and turn it back on the cel's come on...

im wondering if i just disable them will it be okay? cause like i said the car drives fine even with the cel's on..

and im not on MAP im on a MAF,if thats what you asked.