Notices
ECU Flash

help please guys

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 07:12 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help please guys

Hey guys, I've got an issue with my tune that I just can't figure out. I had a friend of mine help me setup my tune for sd as well as my omni 4 bar, and now I have some wierd issues. First issue I have is the fact that its running REALLY rich. At full boost I'm running 10.0-10.3 afrs and I can't get it to lean out. My fuel tables from 120 load @ 2k rpms and up are between 16.5 and richens to 14.0 and its still where I just said it was. I've leaned both fuel maps but can't seem to get it to lean at all.

The second issue I have is if I go wot, once I hit around 22-23 psi it will fuel cut (at least that's what it feels like) and will continue coasting even with the pedal at wot till about 30 mph then it will start acting like its 2 stepping while in gear but it is still coasting. However if I lift my foot from wot about 1/4 of an inch it will take off just fine and run with my original issue. You guys have any ideas? I will try to post fuel maps for you guys to see.

Only things I changed on my car was the map from a jdm 3 bar to the omni 4 bar, then put the sd tune on and now these issues. Also evoscan is saying I'm running 33psi of boost when my ebc is set for 26psi and it alarms at 28psi and I'm only reading 26psi on my gauge. Sorry for the long post but I've been trying for 2 days to get this fixed.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

-tune your VE maps properly and you will start seeing changes with the fuel map.
-turn of nlts and/or fix the clutch button that is malfunctioning
-make sure your map sensor is scaled properly in evoscan...sounds like the formula is still scaled for the 3 bar.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 03:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by charlie.tunah
-tune your VE maps properly and you will start seeing changes with the fuel map.
-turn of nlts and/or fix the clutch button that is malfunctioning
-make sure your map sensor is scaled properly in evoscan...sounds like the formula is still scaled for the 3 bar.
Thanks for the reply. Just a few more questions. Which table is the VE table? I'm not seeing it in ecu flash. Also the nlts I don't think I have. Ill rescale evoscan too. The only tables I figured I needed to adjust was my hi and low octane fuel maps
Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:33 AM
Account Disabled

Ok, sorry for the lack of knowledge on my part with my last post. I found the rom I was given was a tephra mod. Now I'm letting you guys know, I'm new to the SD on these cars so I may be asking some questions. Such as these lol. I've got all the VE tables for SD now, but I'm not understanding them. The maps I have right now, aren't what I'm used to tuning with (obviously) but here are some of the values I have right now, and not sure what way I need to adjust them to lean my fuel.

SD Set Baro Value - 1.010

SD RPM VE

500 - 92
1000 - 92
1250 - 95
1500 - 99
2000 - 102
2500 - 102
3000 - 102
3500 - 102
4000 - 100
4500 - 96
5000 - 92
5500 - 91
6000 - 91
6500 - 91
7000 - 91
7500 - 91
8000 - 91

SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration

13.4 - 11.0
25.7 - 21.1
37.9 - 31.0
51.0 - 41.0
74.5 - 61.0
123.4 - 106.0
147.8 - 133.0
415.3 - 430.0

I have the Omni 4 bar too, so I'm not sure if everything looks good to you guys or not.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:23 AM
Account Disabled

I'm guessing what I'm trying to get at is, the higher the value the richer or the lower the value the richer?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:41 AM
Account Disabled

Think I got it now. Ty guys.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:39 AM
Account Disabled

Well after several tries, I'm still not getting the issue with my car. My SD RPM VE table from 2k - 4k rpms is around 98 values, and I'm still running around 10.1-10.3 afr's at roughly 25-26psi. However, I'm still getting what feels to be a fuel cut at full throttle. It's almost as if when I go WOT, my car goes into the "flood out" mode and cuts all fuel from me. And will continue to do that until I lift my foot from WOT to a hair before WOT. I don't even know where to look to even think about fixing that issue. I was originally thinking that I was actually running too rich and was causing me to flood the cylinders or blow out the spark on the spark plugs, but I don't see why it would be doing that now when it was running fine before putting the tephra v7 sd tune on my car. Any one have any ideas or suggestions? I looked at the NLTS tables and the thresholds for that are engaging around 2.5k rpms with 98% throttle. That seems about right to me. I'm going to be picking up some new plugs for the car later today to see if that might hopefully fix my issue, (I know it could use plugs anyways as they have some miles on them already). If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to adjust. My fuel tables for high oct, and low oct, are right around where they were before the sd tune, so I know the afr's should be right, but they aren't. I'm really in need of some help guys, I'm hoping to have my car running up to par by this weekend so I can finally take it to the track for the first time to get a decent 1/4 mile base time for me.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Some logs and screenshots of your fuel map, VE maps, Boost limit (fuel cut) maps would help.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

We cant tell you what values are "correct" for your setup. Either the VE maps or the actual fuel map need to be adjusted to acheive the desired afr. What is keeping you from going below 98 if need you to be leaner? Are there other areas of driving that are making you want to keep it at 98? The "Ve and calibration" table also affects fueling and load. If you cant seem to get what you want by adjusting these 2 tables, you can also log Hz and adjust the MAF compensation table.

You have to figure out what map is causing it to be rich. If its always happening at 3k, yet at different boost/load levels, then adjust the rpm ve table. If it seems boost dependent, change the maf sensor calibration table. If it seems airflow dependent (log hz) then adjust the maf comp table.

If any of those areas are during cruise or idle you also need to watch o2 feedback.

and Im willing to bet your cut out issue is either nlts (which you said is off), fuel cut, or spark blowout.

Last edited by charlie.tunah; Aug 15, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
or rich misfire
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:50 AM
Account Disabled

Well I've been working on it when I can. after my last ve rpm table adjustment, I am still getting 10.1 afr's but I can seem to keep it at WOT for a little longer before it cuts out. I was thinking of a flooding misfire or spark blowout. I put new plugs in and gapped them to .022, so I know I'm getting some pretty good spark and it is running a little better but it's still doing it. I'm working with the VE rpm table and I'll adjust my fuel tables a little more and post up my logs of what I got. I'm going to post up my tune as well and see if someone can look at it. The NLTS is on and it's activated at 98% throttle @ 2500 rpms. Here is a copy of my tune and I want to see if you guys can figure it out or not. Again, sorry for not being so fluent in the whole SD part of the tuning area, this is my first time going through this with ecuflash or with an EVO.
Attached Files
File Type: bin