Notices
ECU Flash

FreeFuel ECU patch - a flex fuel implementation to Evo ECU

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there any tuners in the Bay Area or offering email tunes using this ECU patch yet?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not 100% positive but I'd bet that English Racing is one of the only trustworthy shops that would even consider doing this.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 09:21 AM

Not sure if English is, but last I heard tscomp was doing them
Old Jan 11, 2015, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by fishie36
Are there any tuners in the Bay Area or offering email tunes using this ECU patch yet?
I've already remote tuned a car on flex fuel. I have the same kit that car used, and was supposed to install it onto my personal evo, but haven't gotten around to doing so.

I'll have to talk to the guy who sent me the kit on how he wants to market them. The kit was supposed to be for my car, so i cant just sell it without talking to him first.

Basically this is irrelevant to this thread, because it doesn't use the same software code, and has its own hardware with a digital readout that displays all values evoscan can + some custom equations like fuel temp, ethanol content, and so forth.

I'll have to find the pics I took of the hardware or take new pics. I cant find them right now. It resembles the Zeitronix screen though basically.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
I've already remote tuned a car on flex fuel. I have the same kit that car used, and was supposed to install it onto my personal evo, but haven't gotten around to doing so.

I'll have to talk to the guy who sent me the kit on how he wants to market them. The kit was supposed to be for my car, so i cant just sell it without talking to him first.

Basically this is irrelevant to this thread, because it doesn't use the same software code, and has its own hardware with a digital readout that displays all values evoscan can + some custom equations like fuel temp, ethanol content, and so forth.

I'll have to find the pics I took of the hardware or take new pics. I cant find them right now. It resembles the Zeitronix screen though basically.
Wish you would have told me about that when you tuned my car would have made things a lot easier lol.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 04:29 AM

tscompusa.... any ETA on when this patch and kit will be released?? I've been waiting but might have to just do dual maps and a switch if you have no release time frame...

thanks

Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cursedsm
Wish you would have told me about that when you tuned my car would have made things a lot easier lol.
Nothing of the sort existed way back when I tuned you Brian!

Originally Posted by 2006IXWW
tscompusa.... any ETA on when this patch and kit will be released?? I've been waiting but might have to just do dual maps and a switch if you have no release time frame...

thanks
Well I have a kit in my possession that was supposed to be for my car, but with the way I'm going with my car i don't think i want to even install it.

I'll talk to the guy who supports the hardware and see what he suggests. I would not be willing to do it with someone that has no prior remote/email tuning experience however. So you must know your way around evoscan & flashing with ecuflash.

Or if you are local I can install the system + tune the car for labor / pricing we work out.

I'll find where I put the kit then post some pictures. I have not shared pics with anyone yet. It is a very cool setup though. The system is update able, so the software/firmware can be updated on the fly via internet updates.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 01:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Nothing of the sort existed way back when I tuned you Brian!
When you get a chance shoot me a message I have some things id like to talk to you about and I know your busy and all. Hit me up and I may have some stuff for you.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

I'd love to see how that works out on your car. I'm really looking for something that allows me to run flex fuel on the stock ecu with speed density and does it well. I'm extremely interested in how it works out for guys with big(ger) power setups 700+. Let us know if you start a thread on the kit.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

This is my Evo IX running on FiTronic Stock ECU Flex Fuel. Tuned by Tom @ TSComptuned.

This video is probably the best one -> Evo racing at Northwest Nights Motorsport Event

Last edited by Graphic; Jan 21, 2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by thebluesky
I'd love to see how that works out on your car. I'm really looking for something that allows me to run flex fuel on the stock ecu with speed density and does it well. I'm extremely interested in how it works out for guys with big(ger) power setups 700+. Let us know if you start a thread on the kit.
It works well on big and small setups. Its best for someone who drives their evo a lot and wants to mix fuels and not worry about anything. Theirs also benefits since lower ethanol % like 40%~ tends to really make a big difference in how the fuel is. most cars will make similar power on 40% vs 85%. If you're using the vehicle for long 1/2 mile runs or something temperature detrimental, you want as much ethanol as you can get though to help cool the air charge. A lot of this is already shared through out the internet & im just repeating it.

Originally Posted by Graphic
This is my Evo IX running on FiTronic Stock ECU Flex Fuel. Tuned by Tom @ TSComptuned.

This video is probably the best one -> Evo racing at Northwest Nights Motorsport Event

Evo IX vs Evo X

Evo Drifting
Ya yours practically tuned itself, it was pretty awesome. Your car has been impressive since the day we tuned it. I think we could set something up also if you have the time where you can give me support for customers that want this and maybe do the installs on it in their car. I'll make sure you make good $. I know a lot of California guys would like this type of thing.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 02:01 PM

tom when is the kit available..very impressive
Old Jan 21, 2015, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

It works well on big and small setups. Its best for someone who drives their evo a lot and wants to mix fuels and not worry about anything. Theirs also benefits since lower ethanol % like 40%~ tends to really make a big difference in how the fuel is. most cars will make similar power on 40% vs 85%. If you're using the vehicle for long 1/2 mile runs or something temperature detrimental, you want as much ethanol as you can get though to help cool the air charge. A lot of this is already shared through out the internet & im just repeating it.

Ya yours practically tuned itself, it was pretty awesome. Your car has been impressive since the day we tuned it. I think we could set something up also if you have the time where you can give me support for customers that want this and maybe do the installs on it in their car. I'll make sure you make good $. I know a lot of California guys would like this type of thing.
We can def figure something out. Anything that helps my man. I'm located in Seattle not Cali but we can talk in IM.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 08:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is my official write up with Graphic's car and FiTronic. Sorry for the delay in doing this everyone.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...stock-ecu.html
Old Mar 28, 2015, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

So damned fired. lol

Quick Reply: FreeFuel ECU patch - a flex fuel implementation to Evo ECU