Notices
ECU Flash

Start-up Fuel and ISCV Tables

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by detroit pistins
Jeff, I was referring to the initial oscillation of the start-up where the AFR dip's to ~10.8..... I was actually going to suggest leaning out the warm-up enrichment but that may impact your cold starts, hence, why I was thinking maybe increasing the initial steps may help.
Originally Posted by mrfred
i'm too lazy to download and plot the log. does the stumble begin immediately after it lights up?
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of haha.. To be honest the car starts fine.. by "stumble" I mean it's trying to idle around 800-900rpms for the first few seconds which with GSC S3s and a built head I feel its a lot of strain on the motor.

I'm just being picky and trying to get it exactly how I'd like it.

Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Looking for the correct definitions to the ISCV Control block on the 94170715 Rom.
Do they exist? Been through several threads, found 4 or 5 out of the 10 needed, but several are still incorrect. Did anyone ever find the correct addresses?

Last edited by Raceghost; Apr 16, 2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes, Check MRFREDs ISCV disassembly thread.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARGHHHH! Why are all the CODE boxes blank on EvoM? My stock IX idles terrible when cold after flashing TephraV7 88590715, yet purrs like a kitten on a stock ROM. When I start it cold, it feels like it is misfiring continuously and RPM changes erratically between 500 and 2300. As soon as it reaches ~170*F it idles perfectly. Why is the car doing this on Tephra, and how do I fix it?

Example of blank CODE boxes.

Last edited by jsmcpn; Aug 5, 2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Glad it's not just me with the blank code boxes... Very odd behavior.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nvr mind - see the code bug...

Last edited by tsitalon1; Sep 18, 2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
The airflow is controlled via the Idle-Control valve in almost the same manner as the fuel during start-up.

ISCV Demand While Cranking Starter
This works just like the fuel, it opens the idle control valve to almost the fully open position while cranking the starter. This allows the cylinders to ingest as much air as possible at first.

Initial ISCV Demand (AC off-Neutral)
This is the base ISCV demand that all trims and compensation tables start from. Some trims are adders, some are subtractors. Regardless, this is the primary table that everything works off of.

ISCV Post-Cranking Demand Adder
Just after the engine starts and the [ISCV Demand While Cranking the Starter] table disengages, the idle-control valve will drastically start closing to prevent the engine from revving too high. The engine is still stabilizing itself so the idle-control valve cannot just drop to the [ISCV Initial Demand] setting without suffocating the engine and stalling. This table adds more Demand just after the starter stops cranking to prevent this, while slowly tapering back down to the [Initial ISCV Demand] to give the engine time to stabilize.

9417:
Code:

<table name="ISCV Demand While Cranking Starter" category="Startup" address="42ae" type="2D" level="1" scaling="ISCV_AX2_8">
		<table name="Coolant Temp" address="67a2" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
	</table>

<table name="Initial ISCV Demand with AC OFF (Below 5 MPH)" category="Startup" address="4276" type="2D" level="3" scaling="ISCV_AX2_8">
		<table name="Engine Temp" address="67a2" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
	</table>

<table name="ISCV Post-Cranking Initial Demand Adder" category="Startup" address="4316" type="2D" level="1" scaling="ISCV_AX2_8">
		<table name="Coolant temp" address="67a2" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
	</table>

8859:
Code:

<table name="ISCV Demand While Cranking Starter" category="Startup" address="3d60" type="2D" level="1" scaling="ISCV_AX2_8">
		<table name="Coolant Temp" address="6fde" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
	</table>

<table name="Initial ISCV Demand with AC OFF (Below 5 MPH)" category="Startup" address="3d38" type="2D" level="3" scaling="ISCV_AX2_8">
		<table name="Engine Temp" address="70c2" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
	</table>

<table name="ISCV Post-Cranking Initial Demand Adder" category="Startup" address="54f4" type="2D" level="1" scaling="ISCV_AX2_8">
		<table name="Coolant temp" address="6fde" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
	</table>

So now that you understand the 2 sets of 3 primary tables that help with Start-ups I can tell the easiest way to decide which tables you need to adjust.
  • If the car won't start at all, adjust the tables labeled #1 for fuel and ISCV.
  • If the car starts but then runs really rough or dies within the first few seconds, adjust the #2 tables.
  • If the car starts, runs for a few seconds really well then begins to run rough or stall, adjust the #3 tables.

-Jamie
(aka Jack_of_Trades)

can some one post these 3 tables for 9653 ?

or mention the table names which function the same in 9653 for controlling start up fueling ?

Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

bump. any one ?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mines5
bump. any one ?
Quote the first post like you did... it is there. You will see it in the preview post box
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

it doesnt have 9635 code
Old Oct 22, 2015, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
The forum is useless for this sort of thing until it is fixed...............
Old Oct 22, 2015, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by merlin.oz
The forum is useless for this sort of thing until it is fixed...............
hi merlin,

i just got hold of fic 1450s, i am finding it very difficult to get them idle properly.

The tables mentioned in this thread doesnt show the table for 9653

where is in the OP it says 9417 n 889 .

idle afr swing between 14.9 to 16 very loopy. nothing seems to take affect . i have the linearization table and integral gain table but that doesnt help either.

any help to stabilize the idle would be appreciated. which tables should i adjust in 9653 v7? maf version
Old Oct 22, 2015, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
The code not shown issue /corruption has been present for more than 2 months. doubt if it is even being worked on despite the blue text posted that said it was "hoped" to be fixed in 1 -2 weeks...posted well over a month ago.

The bug is not just dropping text, the site appears to be reading the embedded code as instructions and corrupting the text boxes and formats as well.

My only suggestion is to use personal email back and forwards as the PM here does the same damn thing =fail.

If you do, limit the attached files to pure text to avoid embedded viruses in Word files

Any one have an alternate site that we can use for these type of discussions that doesnt have this issue?

??norcal? one of the DSM sites?

I'll have a look at the Evoatlanta site to see if that one displays correctly.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Ok EvoAtlanta doesnt have the bug

Yippee !!!!

I will suggest people move their ROM and table discussions there. join as well so the site gets revived too.

test :

http://evoatlanta.com/forums/showthr...0701#post70701

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by WRC-LVR; Oct 22, 2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Which tables can help me out in stabilizing the idle in 9653 ?

Any assistance is going to be highly appreciated

Quick Reply: Start-up Fuel and ISCV Tables