Notices
ECU Flash

Evo stalls w/ AC on only when depressing clutch on decel

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by merlin.oz
I have lost track of mrfreds original descriptions, but I think thats the puppy.

The scaling should be in steps not percent but that does not change the table functionality.
I tried doing this to no avail. I didn't notice anything different, it still stalls.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem solution

Originally Posted by TurboTylerIX
I tried doing this to no avail. I didn't notice anything different, it still stalls.
I have a 95 3000gt I had the same exact problems as you tried everything new IAC, new throttle body new, new iac gasket, replaced all vacuum lines! even raising the iddle even more and still.. i got used to stopping at lighs and stop signs without touching the clutch at all... for months.. really used my break pads lol

also couldnt use my AC...

how the problem got SOLVED! is when I installed a under drive pulley... Yea they say is bad for your crank.. bla bla bla.. honestly there are 3000gt with 500hp++ with that pulley and never seen one post of somebody spliting their crank in half...

so maybe u should try it...
Old Sep 21, 2013, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rawkus
Adjust here. It can take some time to dial in, but the car will idle fine and catch itself. Also, only adjust neutral, drive has no effect and appears to be a carry over from an automatic car.
Dan
^^false
It works as soon as the speed sensor is over 5mph. It has been thoroughly tested by me and EvoM friends in the ISCV control disassembly thread.

I think this table may help him.

Dominic
Old Oct 2, 2013, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is happening to me also. My tuner hasnt been able to figure it out either. Is this is a new issue possibly with the new Tephra? Just grasping at straws here before I replace my IAC
Old Oct 2, 2013, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by abazaba410
This is happening to me also. My tuner hasnt been able to figure it out either. Is this is a new issue possibly with the new Tephra? Just grasping at straws here before I replace my IAC
No vacuum leaks?
Tell him to try stock ISCV values, then go into SAS mode and turn BISS screw to your desired idle RPM. Let the car relearn.

Do you have cams? If so raising timing would make the idle a little stronger.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
domyz, He has kelford 272s.. I raised the ignition timing in those areas where it was going to stall previousily. It is at 12 degrees.

Adjusted the target rpm idle to 1000, when the ac is turned on it instantly goes to 700rpm, even though the target is set higher. adjustment screw on full blow was set using Biss screw adjustment method in evoscan.

No boost leaks, as that was verified. everything seems to point to the iac at this point IMO
Old Oct 2, 2013, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ You are the man Warren.

Damn IAC is like $305 bucks. Just hoping it was something else before I swapped it out.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

I know they are not cheap, I would suggest getting a used one art, but have the owner verify the voltage and ohm readings on the contacts prior to buying. I have seen them as low as 80 bucks. Explore that option first.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Try maxing out the ISCV demand tables and start the car, it will validate that it's not working at all.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Ok I will give that a shot. thank you
Old May 10, 2014, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I'm bringing this back from the dead. Can anyone help me with this? It's heating up and I need to use my A/C and I am still suffering from this issue even after putting in a new BR 2.3L so I know it's the tune. I have adjusted BISS, check for boost/vacuum leaks, played with all the ISCV etc. tables but have not solved the problem. Somebody must know the tuning fix for this. Please share!
Thanks.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Mine used to do the same thing. So I took out my a/c. That and the FF 6466 didn't want it lol.
Old May 11, 2014, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTylerIX
Ok, I'm bringing this back from the dead. Can anyone help me with this? It's heating up and I need to use my A/C and I am still suffering from this issue even after putting in a new BR 2.3L so I know it's the tune. I have adjusted BISS, check for boost/vacuum leaks, played with all the ISCV etc. tables but have not solved the problem. Somebody must know the tuning fix for this. Please share!
Thanks.
What I did to fix it was to change out the stick blow off valve to a aftermarket bov.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 08:26 PM

Theres tons of info on guys that have experienced this issue and what to test but nothing there is rarely anyone that says one specific thing worked. Have most of these guys just dealt with their cars stalling when coming to a stop or just not running their AC's?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Do you have a table in the MAF section of your xml called

MAF Pulse Frequency Limit
or
MAF Airflow Limit

something like that anyway.

Quick Reply: Evo stalls w/ AC on only when depressing clutch on decel