Notices
ECU Flash

evoscan logging wideband direct or with serial cable

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
evoscan logging wideband direct or with serial cable

I am currently trying to set my car up to be able to log everything ive been on aem for the last few years. I tried wiring up my aem gauge direct to the ecu following the link below but that gave me zero results it just displays the fourmula that i input and it never changes. link i followed below and pin 75 is a white wire correct ? i used this chart

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...-ecuwiring.htm

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...o-evoscan.html

second attempt i am going to use the serial gauge only issue i am having is that i dont know where the second black wire goes to the aem gauge only has 1 black wire and my serial adapter has two ? i know the newer ones that spec ops sell only have one blue wire and one black

thanks in advance im sure its something simple for both of them and i will take help to get it logging a/f either way.

Last edited by mrboost05; May 30, 2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old May 30, 2013, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
I forget what color wire it was to the ecu but on your AEM make sure you are using the 0-5v wire rather than the serial output. Also make sure you turn off your rear o2 sensor by following the instructions in that thread you linked.

Honestly it is quite simply so you really shouldnt be having issues. As for the serial gauge isnt the black wire your ground? Dont connect those together but rather to a ground point on the car. I used a bolt behind the radio.
Old May 31, 2013, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe
I forget what color wire it was to the ecu but on your AEM make sure you are using the 0-5v wire rather than the serial output. Also make sure you turn off your rear o2 sensor by following the instructions in that thread you linked.

Honestly it is quite simply so you really shouldnt be having issues. As for the serial gauge isnt the black wire your ground? Dont connect those together but rather to a ground point on the car. I used a bolt behind the radio.
i checked my map before hand and rear o2 has been disabled the white wire on the aem gauge is the 0-5 volt i took it and wired it to pin 75 on the ecu connector it just happens to be a white wire as well on my 03. the only thing i am confused with as far as the serial cable goes is that it has two black wires running out of it do i ground both ? the gauge is already grounded and working but the actual cable has two black wires if you look at the picture and i have no clue what to do with them this cable is from 09-2010 when i bought the car so its older most of the newer cables just have one blue and one black wire.

fyi for any one who stumbles on this i am just trying to log af anyway i can im not mixing the two ways up.

Last edited by mrboost05; May 31, 2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old May 31, 2013, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Hmmm I made a serial cable way back in the day but I dont recall which colors went where. There were only two wires that I needed to solder though one being the ground and the other being the input wire.

Honestly forget about the serial cable. Logging it through your ecu is where its at. Then you dont need to mess with a serial to usb converter and all that shenanigans.

You're only connecting one wire and tapping into the eco so tracking down the problem shouldnt be that hard. Make sure the connections are tight and make sure you tapped into the correct wire. Looking at the wiring diagram orient yourself and determine which side it which in and what is considered the top and the bottom. Once you're oriented, count the wires, splice in and go to town.

It took me probably 10 minutes as there really isnt anything to it. Good luck
Old May 31, 2013, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

yea your right much easier to figure out my issue if i just stick with one problem at a time i will go back and check to make sure i tapped into the right wire tonight when i get off tonight i do have two screen shots of what it is showing and what i put in evoscan if you see anything i did wrong let me know and thanks again for the help.

9.03913 is all evo scan is reading number never changes in the logs.

Old May 31, 2013, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Figured it out thanks heel2toe for the help.
Old May 5, 2015, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mrboost05
Figured it out thanks heel2toe for the help.
What was the issue?
Old May 12, 2015, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how dis you fix the problem... i have the same problem that I get the same numbers 9.03913
Old May 12, 2015, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bump- SOMEONE must know how to fix this issue......