Notices

Zeitronix Wideband not logging in EvoScan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2013, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeitronix Wideband not logging in EvoScan

I'm able to log off the ECU with Mode 23 in EvoScan and separately I'm able to log my ZT2 wideband in the Zeitronix software and gauge. So I don't think its a cable/wire issue. However, I can't get the Zeitronix to log in EvoScan.

I have the ZT2 selected under the WideBand tab in EvoScan, but can't select the correct ComPort. When I click 'select wideband serial comport' nothing is available.

I'm sure it is something simple, but I can't figure it out.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

You can try another method by the tapping the Zeitronix 5v output wire to the rear O2 sensor wire under the driver's seat and log via OBD-II port itself without the hassle of USB/COM port.
I have no problem with that for one of my friend's ride.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

^ Thanks. If I can't figure it out soon, I'll use this. I take it the O2 wire need to be completely disconnected, correct?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

You need to disable to stock rear O2 via the ECU bit and DTC P0139. Look for the yellow wire under the driver's seat, splice it and tap the 5V output from your wideband into it.
Set up the formula and logging address correctly in EvoScan and you are good to go.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

For whatever reason the serial port started working. I know I didn't change any settings. Oh well, I hope it stays fixed.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eshark
For whatever reason the serial port started working. I know I didn't change any settings. Oh well, I hope it stays fixed.
Perhaps this issue is like what I experienced....

I would get no data from Evoscan until I re-ran the Zeitronix logging tool. Somehow that tool can "reset" the device so it works again. Not even a reboot would fix this issue because I believe it was not the Laptop but rather the Zeitronix unit itself. Probably due to a serial -> usb convertor I'm using.

So here's the workaround that was working fine for me.

Open Evoscan, start logging, notice Wideband is empty.
1. Close Evoscan completely (don't minimize)
2. Open the Zeitronix Logging program
3. Start logging in the Zeitronix program just to see the wideband reading in their program.
4. Since you get AFR values, it's working.
5. Stop the Zeitronix program completely.
6. Go back and open up Evoscan.
7. Start logging, you should see wideband data now.

I was rebooting two and three times in a row without any luck, until I realized the Zeitronix program was doing something else to get the wideband to work again. So instead of rebooting I just fired up their program, then stopped it and went back to Evoscan. Seems to always fix this issue but I'm not sure what it's actually doing.

I had planned to use a protocol analyzer to try to sniff what it does, but honestly this issue only pops up once every few months. Then I had to restart the Zeitronix program and it would be fixed again for a long time.

Hope it helps.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

^ Yes this is what I had to do. But I only had to do it once. After that it works every time
Old Aug 18, 2013, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

hello everyone
i have the same problem a can not log zeitronix data to evoscan using both serial cable and the OBD II in zeitronix datalogger i can see the AFR,boost,TPS and RPM. i followed what acidtonic said but still not working the com port in correct on evoscan i seleted the right wideband tick the data i want to datalog but still not getting any data
any help please?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Not sure what's going on if you can select the correct COM port. My issue was it wouldn't let me select a COM port. Once it let me select a COM port I was good to go. You might want a get a 2 to 1 or 4 to 1 USB adapter. that way both EvoScan and your Zt-2 are coming into one USB. Not sure if this matters or not, but the EvoScan instructions recommend it, and it worked for me.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Here is my prototype for my Zt-2 screen location. I need to trim the cutout a little more. I couldn't center the screen vertically as I have the original stye screen with both chip boards stacked together. They sell a screen with the chip boards attached with a 6' of wire and I think I can center it better. It takes some cutting behind the plate also.
Attached Thumbnails Zeitronix Wideband not logging in EvoScan-zt-2-screen.jpg  
Old Aug 20, 2013, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Not sure what's going on if you can select the correct COM port. My issue was it wouldn't let me select a COM port. Once it let me select a COM port I was good to go. You might want a get a 2 to 1 or 4 to 1 USB adapter. that way both EvoScan and your Zt-2 are coming into one USB. Not sure if this matters or not, but the EvoScan instructions recommend it, and it worked for me.
thank you for your help. i tried what you said but still not logging on evoscan any other suggestions??
Old Aug 20, 2013, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Which serial to USB adapter are you using for the Zt2? That maybe the issue.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Which serial to USB adapter are you using for the Zt2? That maybe the issue.
i ordered it from zeitronix the serial cable and the usb adapter.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

do i have to change something with evoscan xml ?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

I got the one from radio shack and it works no problems. You may want to buy the one off the Evoscan website just to make sure. But let's start from the beginning first before you start buying stuff. What is your stock ROM ID, model MR/GSR, year? Evo 8,9, or 10? What windows version is your computer running? What ROM are you using now on the car? What xml have you downloaded.

Quick Reply: Zeitronix Wideband not logging in EvoScan