Notices
ECU Flash

Trouble transfering tune from stock rom to Tephra v7

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble transfering tune from stock rom to Tephra v7

So I converted my evo 8 to Tephramod a while back had some issues with the car and it sat a lot. installed headers and stuff and was having problems with the tune and running rich and stuff. Replaced with stock manifold again fresh gaskets and what not had cleaned the injectors because from sitting so long the gas went bad and stuff. Running rich got even worse started throwing fuel trim codes and everything. Started thinking maybe there was something with injector scaling or MAF scaling or something in the tune. So I started looking through the original ROM that came on the car and was comparing it to what was in the Tephramod and they were hugely different but also didn't seem to be exactly the same parameters but I tried swapping the numbers anyway...car would barely run at all and not drive-able. So I just flashed the original ROM back on and the fuel trims were back to reasonable numbers and no CEL...well except for the rear O2 sensor heater.

So my question here is where would be the best place to start looking to track down what is causing the extreme rich AFR. The MAF scaling in the original rom's columns are load and g/s and Tephra is hz and scaling plus adder. If anyone thinks that if a specific screenshot of specific parts of each tune would be of help let me know. The original tune seems kind of crappy to me honestly but at least it isn't running pig rich for now.
Old May 14, 2014, 08:19 AM

So no ideas from anyone on where to start?
Old May 14, 2014, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The brain must get paid. :}
Old May 14, 2014, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Call a tuner, schedule appointment, get car tuned, Win!!!
Old May 14, 2014, 09:46 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Did you wipe the computers volatile memory after you reflashed injector scalings?
Old May 14, 2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Did you wipe the computers volatile memory after you reflashed injector scalings?
Yes I did. What is the mad adder in regards to the mad scaling + mad adder? The original Rom just has mad scaling and the numbers between those to section have a hugely different set of numbers. And when I was looking at starting from scratch with mad scaling it suggested starting with putting 120 in all the boxes and I couldn't even keep the car running.
Old May 14, 2014, 01:40 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by malac0da13
Yes I did. What is the mad adder in regards to the mad scaling + mad adder? The original Rom just has mad scaling and the numbers between those to section have a hugely different set of numbers. And when I was looking at starting from scratch with mad scaling it suggested starting with putting 120 in all the boxes and I couldn't even keep the car running.
Not sure, I didnt mess with those settings when i converted. I did use one of the phenom prepatched ROM's though. What ROM ID are you using stock and Tephra?

Last edited by Biggiesacks; May 14, 2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old May 15, 2014, 09:56 AM

The original ROM is 94170008 and the Tephra is 96532706. I believe it was a phenom patched for live maps but I am not positive. I know it was patched for live maps but not sure if it was from phenom or not. Here is the two MAF scalings. Left is original and right is what is in Tehpra ROM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/daxyx3p1kb413tb/Untitled.png