ECU Flash

Tuning Over 300 Load

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Tuning Over 350 Load

Title should have been Tuning Over 350 Load

I'm hitting different loads higher than 350 that need adjusted to maintain my target AFR in different gears, particularly 6th gear and was wondering what the best way to adjust for this is. Should I change the X axis on my 3D VE Table or should I just make the adjustment in my fuel map or is there another way to go about it? I've been trying to make adjustments to my VE Table so I hit the AFR I specify in my fuel map but need more resolution at over 350 load and wasn't sure the best way to handle this?

Last edited by ridenrunwv; Sep 11, 2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Rescale the x-axis for fuel and timing
Old Sep 11, 2015, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

You think making the changes there would be preferred to scaling the high end of my 3D VE table to match the fuel and timing maps?

I'm using the Speed Density 2.0 ROM with the 3D VE table and the default setup has 375 and 400 points on the fuel and timing maps but the 3D VE table only goes to 350. That's what had me curious because I've been trying to make my changes in my VE table for my initial E85 tune but ran out of resolution on the map and wasn't sure whether rescaling that particular map would be a problem. I didn't think so but wasn't sure.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

The VE is more of a set it and forget it relating to the max boost you'll ever run and shouldn't need to be changed unless you change cams. You do realize that VE is based on a completely different reading than your load you use for fuel/timing?

Timing/fuel x-axis is completely separate from whatever you put in the VE map on a properly setup map meaning your fuel map numbers don't exactly match. If you are trying to make your fuel map appear like the absolute value then you will never get it and will be fighting to tune both VE and fuel at the same time depending on the fuel you fill up.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

I'm doing my initial tune on S3 cams and E85 is why I was messing with VE table. I understand not to change it after it has been set. I was trying to make it somewhat follow my fuel map on E85 at least and then just mess with my other fuel map when I switch to 93.

I didn't realize the load calculation for my VE table is any different than the load calculation used for fuel/timing. Why would this be?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

I've gotten my 3D VE Table so messed up looking trying to tune little bits of it at a time. I see what you're saying now about the load. The load I'm hitting in my fuel and timing maps is a calculation from my VE isn't it? I've got my AFR pretty good but did it with strange dips and jumps in my VE table instead of just smoothing it out and getting it close and then adjusting my fuel map.

I went about that the wrong way to start with didn't I? If I'm going to redo this should I switch to the more popular Tephra V7 and not mess with Speed Density 2.0? Live mapping seems like a cool thing to look into and I never could figure out how to log 2byte airflow or boost error in Speed Density 2.0 also. There just isn't as much information available for it.

Last edited by ridenrunwv; Sep 11, 2015 at 07:34 PM.