Notices
ECU Flash

Ecuflash doent recognize basemap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ecuflash doent recognize basemap

I was emailed a base map when I click the map to write my ecu ecu flash says it doesn't recognize rom. I was then emailed an .xml file but, is there anything special I need to do besides the place it is supposed to be saved? No luck! Please help.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Put the XML file in your ECUFlash ROMs directory or something like that. I'm not at my computer to see what exactly it's called but it should be in Program Files (x86)/OpenECU/ECUFlash and then a folder called ROMs or something similar. If you don't find it I'll get more info when I get home.

To find the path of this folder you can also open ECUFlash and click file tab or something similar and find where it says ROM file path.

If you already did this then you might have been sent the EvoScan XML and not ECUFlash ROM XML.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 06:14 AM

Go to the options tab? And select from there?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Ignore that. I'm sorry. I wasn't at my computer when I posted that. That path is to where you store your tunes so it automatically opens that folder when you go to open a tune and doesn't have anything to do with the ROM files.

Go here... C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo

and put your XML there. Let me know if you don't find that folder or still have problems.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 08:14 AM

So I may have it saved wrong. I'm trying the way you mentioned and I'm having trouble saving to the specific folders says I don't have access or something like that. I know we don't want to do this but can you go to your options and see what your metadata directory says I feel like I changed it just touching stuff and want to make sure it's the same as yours
Old Sep 26, 2015, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

It actually didn't display anything on my options Metadata. It just said Metadata and wouldn't actually open the directory. You need to be on an account with administrator rights on your computer to copy a file into that folder or anything else under the Program Files directory. Not sure what version of Windows you are using but Google how to give your account administrator access so you can copy the XML file into that directory. If you can get the XML file in that folder it should solve your problem.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:07 AM

So because I had changed the metadata before I asked for help I can't change it back to being blank for the metadata directory. Any idea how to change ecuflash to default settings? I try to highlight and erase but it causes ecuflash to stop responding and I uninstalled and reinstalled ecuflash but it keeps my setting I changed. Gonna be the death of me.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:57 AM

So finally got the metadata back to normal. Rom is actually recognized now but can't write it to my ecu now. Doesn't show the button to click and write it. But when I open an older map it gives me the option to write that. Wth
Old Sep 27, 2015, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

No idea on that. My write button is not enabled until my laptop is connected to a car with ECU powered on.