Notices
ECU Flash

Decel fuel resume RPM for 9653... mrfred, look, please!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017 | 01:01 PM

Decel fuel resume RPM for 9653

I'm sorry for starting new thread.. But I've no choice, since searched through whole forum, and mrfred's pm is full.

So, the problem is well-known "Car Stalling from Clutch in!"..
I'm trying to solve this problem for almost a year, tried all the options that had found here on the board.. yeah, after all attempts about 70 percent of the problem is gone, but the remaining 30... they kill me. The problem still exists, in some conditions, the car still stalls when pressing clutch in, especially during long decel.

From what I see in my logs, i can say that, mrfred absolutely exact described (Stop your Car Stalling from Clutch in!) what is happening in the engine:
Originally Posted by mrfred
I've got a reasonably good handle on it for my Evo now. The crux of the issue is getting back to a good afr after decel. Since the injectors are off during decel, the intake runners are dry, so extra fuel is needed when fuelling resumes to re-wet the walls. The need to stop the decel is also aided by extra fuel. For my experience, I did not need to touch the ISCV tables. It was all fixed with fuel cut disable. There is an algorithm to add an extra shot of fuel when the injectors are reenabled. Due to my 100 rpm higher-than-stock idle, and probably due to running R2s, I had to raise the decel fuel cut disable by 250 rpm.
In my case the problem is compounded by installed light flywheel, which dramatically increases the frequency of the problem, imo...

Further in same post:
Originally Posted by mrfred
The key though is having the correct tables. As it turns out, the decel fuel cut tables that were posted many years ago are incorrect. They are ISCV control tables. I have the correct tables now and will post them later today.

Having sad all that, IMHO the decel fuel cut tables should only be adjusted after everything else is in good order. Leaking throttle shaft seals would definitely exacerbate the issue. The injectors should also be well tuned and clean. On Evo 9s, it would be beneficial to minimize MIVEC (overlap) in the 10 and 20 load cells up to at least 1500 rpm and maybe to as much as 2000 rpm.
Since then a year has passed, but mrfred did not leave a message in that topic (i believe that mrfred had just forgotten)...

In other thread (Injector shut-off map) there are needed tables, but.... for 9653 rom they are wrong, since when i make changes to the rpm values it directly makes changes to the air density correction for the Air Density Compensation for Load And IPW table..

THIS IS WRONG TABLE/address:
Code:
<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Resume RPM" category="Global Fuel Settings" address="36dc" type="2D" level="2" scaling="RPM8">
  <table name="Engine Temp" address="69be" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
 </table>

The last option is to learn coding, reverse engineering and try to find right address by myself(..

But, the last try...
mrfred, please help! Or Tephra.. Or merlin.oz.. Anyone!
I'd be very grateful for your help

Again, the point is: Decel Fuel Cut Resume RPM address in rom 9653 WANTED

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Mahaon; Sep 7, 2017 at 05:34 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2017 | 05:33 AM

May I ask moderators to close or to merge this thread?

Finally, the problem is solved, Many thanks to Merlin.oz!
Old Sep 7, 2017 | 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mahaon
May I ask moderators to close or to merge this thread?

Finally, the problem is solved, Many thanks to Merlin.oz!
So, how did you solve it?
Old Sep 8, 2017 | 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by golruss
So, how did you solve it?
Contacted merlin.oz, he gave me correct address for a small donation, so i got ability to increase decel fuel cut resume RPM in my rom.. And that absolutelly solved this problem for my engine setup. No more even single attempt to stall for last three days/about 200miles of mixed city/highway driving. Now car runs very smooth even in traffic jams, what makes me enjoy every trip..

I specifically tried to create/repeat the conditions under which the car would stall previously, but unsuccessfully. So, imo, it's all ok now
The following users liked this post:
golruss (Oct 22, 2017)
Old Feb 18, 2023 | 01:25 PM

Has anyone be able to find the correct address/table for 9653?
Old Mar 2, 2023 | 06:20 AM
ZZA
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tomkun
Has anyone be able to find the correct address/table for 9653?
35F4 is the correct address. Scaling is rpm8000.
The following users liked this post:
Tomkun (Mar 12, 2023)