Notices
ECU Flash

Failed flash on Tephra V7 leads to default to Alternate Maps

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Failed flash on Tephra V7 leads to default to Alternate Maps

I am running the 9055001 ROM on my EVO7 ECU. When I went to flash a new tune flash progress hung at around 46% and after about a minute ECUFLASH simply closed down. I didn't cycle ECU power, reopened ECUFLASH and reflashed the same ROM, (which seemed to start off where it had died because it then finished quite quickly). I then reflashed it in its entirety again and again it seemed to do a shortcut version of the flash. It now appears that it is running my alternate maps when it should be running main maps with my ADC0F pin held low. I have yet to experiment to see if the map switching logic has flipped or whether my map switch doesn't do anything now. Has anyone struck this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 07:38 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
I haven't had this exact problem, but I have had a rom become corrupt and flashing it to the car caused issues. Do you have a backup copy of a working rom, perhaps an earlier version you can try flashing to see if that fixes it?
The following users liked this post:
Razet (Sep 10, 2019)
Old Sep 10, 2019, 08:44 AM

Thanks for that. So is it my ROM that is potentially corrupt or is it more likely the xml file associated with the ROM? I will try an old previously tested to be working ROM tomorrow but if that doesn't work is it worth me trying another xml?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 09:10 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Razet
Thanks for that. So is it my ROM that is potentially corrupt or is it more likely the xml file associated with the ROM? I will try an old previously tested to be working ROM tomorrow but if that doesn't work is it worth me trying another xml?
I think it could be that a corrupt XML could corrupt an otherwise good rom. It is the rom that is written to the ECU though so I would start there and work backwards. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try another XML if the problem persists across different roms.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 01:20 AM

Problem solved guys. I tried changing it to tps switching to get me by. That worked but with the strangest behaviour initially with it defaulting to alternate map on power up and after reflash but that seemed to right itself after a couple of reflash iterations. My ADC0F switch still doesn't work but as I'm on the engine dyno I can't be assed troubleshooting that whilst I have a workable solution to get me by. Thanks for the help.