Notices
ECU Flash

Need help with Stock rom.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2024, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Stock rom.

Hi every one I am new to the forum. Must say amazing community of people and information sharing.
Just a little introduction as to why im in need of some help. So my car 2004 JDM 1.6L sohc Lancer CS2A was recently converted from CVT to Manual transmission and im currently running the Auto black plastic Ecu. I managed to pull the rom in which Ive attached below both bin and srf . My memory model is SH7052 , Can anyone help me get the Internal ID from the rom also a very basic xml definition to work with it? Thank you everyone for the support.
Attached Files
Old Sep 13, 2024, 12:05 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
This is a Lancer Evo forum so you're probably going to find the tools and people here are geared for the Evo. I don't see the CS2A listed in the EcuFlash definitions so that's going to be difficult finding an existing XML definition for your car unless someone has done that work.
On the chance that the ROM you posted is similar to the Evo ROM, I checked at the same address which contains the ROM ID on the evo 8 and 9 and others (0xF52) and there does appear to be a ROM ID there, it is 82550007, which does check out as a Mitsubishi id.
Old Sep 13, 2024, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
What I have done in the past with the older SH7052 ECUs is flash the manual version of the ROM on to it and make adjustments from there. Do this at your own risk as I have also had them occasionally brick the ECU. I have done this on Outlanders and other applications where I need to use a non auto ROM. I havent seen a 2004 CVT ROM however so I cant say if it would interchange the same.