Notices
ECU Flash

9653 Decel fuel cut resume table

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2024, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
9653 Decel fuel cut resume table

Just switched one of my cars over to SD in preparation for having my tuner go through it. I've been driving it around to work out any potential bugs for him and this car has a light weight clutch/flywheel and has never wanted to catch idle with the A/C on, occasional stall with the A/C off, but if you decel until fuel cut turns off it has no issues. I've done a few things for anti-stall prevention in the tune like bumping timing below target idle and adjusting IAC steps, but it hates the A/C on. I have another car in a similar situation, I'd like to get both to at least cruise without having to play footloose on the pedals when coming to a stop and I've solved this in some of my standalone cars by enabling fuel cut resume at a higher RPM. I went looking for this table and found what was labeled as the 9653 definition, but after flashing in some changes I've solved the stall issue, but created an issue where the car will not go into boost at all. I'm assuming this isn't the correct definition or it's controlling more than just fuel cut resume for some reason, but was hoping someone can confirm/deny this is correct. I did flash back to the original tune to verify it's something in the tune and not a coincidental mechanical issue and it definitely is the tune. Whatever its controlling seems to be fuel related as I logged timing and it's not effected. The car sounds like it's trying to go into the launch control map as you reach boost. I don't have a permanent wideband installed in this car so I can't currently see what AFR's are doing which is why I just logged timing to see if it was pulling it way down and it's not. This is the current definition I have and I dont seem to see any others listed for a 9653 rom, thanks

<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Resume RPM" category="Global Fuel Settings" address="36dc" type="2D" level="2" scaling="RPM8">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="69be" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>
Old Sep 24, 2024, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Back to confirm that is definitely not correct address. I tried to take my other car for a spin to see what it would do since it has a wideband installed. I was much more aggressive with my adjustments since it has a twin disc and a bunch of other lightweight rotational parts and it was undriveable. It's definitely a fuel modifier it's changing, AFR's in the low 9's to mid 8's at idle. If anyone has the correct table that would be awesome
Old Sep 24, 2024, 10:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 447 Likes on 382 Posts
try 3030.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...l#post11354745
Old Sep 24, 2024, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
Ill give it a try and report back, a little sketchy playing with addresses from another ROM lol
Old Sep 24, 2024, 10:44 PM
EvoM Guru

wait. 35F4

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...l#post11966806
The following users liked this post:
black_out (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

I actually read that thread and didn't even read the addresses to make sure i wasn't using the same one lol
Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Doesn't look like that is right either, the table turns into a giant mess with a bunch of invalid data and it's way off on scaling
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM
EvoM Guru

I think @CDrinkH2O is still active, maybe he can help us. I need a file with these tables for the USDM IX so I can relate to the happiness these folks are showing in these old threads
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts
I think @CDrinkH2O is still active, maybe he can help us. I need a file with these tables for the USDM IX so I can relate to the happiness these folks are showing in these old threads
Sorry - out of the Evo game for a while now.... I checked my files but don't have it for the 9.....
The following users liked this post:
ViciousLSD (Yesterday)