Notices
ECU Flash

need help: new xml files for upcoming ECUFlash release

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by gear head
If you haven't sent things in yet, there are a few more added tables to the ROM files.......base file remains the same.
I'll be sending it in this weekend, so anything you can add by Saturday would be great.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Do these xml files include the mrfred boost patches? Would they work with ECUflash version 1.29? I am still using 1.29 where little endian instead of big endian was used.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
I made several more revisions to the 88590015 xml file and evo9base xml:

1) Now has correct target idle tables

2) jcsbanks knock tables

3) Slight revision to table names in "turbo dual boost solenoid" tables

If no one has any substantiative objections, this will be the final for the next release of ECUFlash. I wanted to get the ISCV tables fixed up, but I'm burned out for now, so I'll save that for another ECUFlash release down the road.

tephra and al\lupo, if you could convert to your ROMs, then I'll submit the package to Colby.

Would be great if someone could step up to do the Evo 8s. I'd do it, but I'm strapped for time as it is.
I tried to open your zip file but could not do it. I even updated my winzip and still could not open it. Other zipped files on my laptop open just fine.

I just tried openning the file on my tuning laptop and got the same results. It will not open.

Last edited by nj1266; Dec 17, 2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 09:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Just realized that I hadn't posted all the latest revised xmls in one place. The zip attachment has all the new xml files. These are all the revised xmls that will show up in the next version of ECUFlash. Thanks to al\lupo (EDM Evo 9), tephra (ADM Evo 9), and gear head (USDM Evo 8 96940011, and 96530006) for helping.

Besides the new and fixed tables in these xmls, Colby is working on a new feature to allow custom table entries to be stored in a standalone xml file. This will allow users to easily update to new base definitions whenever a new version of ECUFlash is released. Until Colby has that ready, I have cobbled together a way to do this without any needed changes to the ECUFlash program. The first step is to create the "mods.xml" file that will hold all your custom definitions. The easiest way to make this file is to

A) Make a copy you current xml file and name it: "XXXXXXXX_mods.xml", where XXXXXXXX is your ROM ID, (e.g., 88590015).

B) Open the file and change the xmlid from "<xmlid>XXXXXXXX</xmlid>" to "<xmlid>XXXXXXXX_mods</xmlid>".

C) Change the "<include>evoXbase</include>" to "<include>evoXbase_20081101</include>" ("X" should be change to 7 or 9).

D) Delete all the tables except the custom ones that you have added.

E) Copy over the new xml file for your ROM from the attached zip file

F) Open the file, and you will see:

"<!-- **<include>XXXXXXXX_mods</include>** -->"

Remove the "<!-- **" and "** -->", and then save the file.

Launch ECUFlash (if it was already running, close it and relaunch it), and all your custom definitions should show up along with the revised and new tables.

For ECUFlash 1.29 users, no problem to change to "Little" endian. Everything except the Periphery Bits tables will work.

EDIT: I rezipped the files and attached the archive. This was done on a PC using the WinXP built-in zip utility. (I'm pretty sure the other archive was also done using the built-in zip utility, but redoing it anyhow.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip
evo v1.4x new xmls.zip (27.9 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by mrfred; Dec 21, 2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im unable to open up the zip file as well... Uuggghh now my work comp wont open up zip files either... damn it dawg! WTF is going on here? just all of the sudden on 2 of my comps now (desktop @ work/laptop for tuning), Im unable to open up zip files... I also DL/installed winzip...

freaking killing me...
Old Dec 17, 2008, 03:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nonschlont
Im unable to open up the zip file as well... Uuggghh now my work comp wont open up zip files either... damn it dawg! WTF is going on here? just all of the sudden on 2 of my comps now (desktop @ work/laptop for tuning), Im unable to open up zip files... I also DL/installed winzip...

freaking killing me...
Doesn't WinXP have built-in ZIP/UNZIP? Don't think I've installed winzip on any PCs that I use.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

It is not working for me either. Mrfred, something is wrong with the zip program that you are using. I have tried two laptops (one brand new with winzip installed from the factory) and both gave me an error.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nj1266
It is not working for me either. Mrfred, something is wrong with the zip program that you are using. I have tried two laptops (one brand new with winzip installed from the factory) and both gave me an error.
Added another archive to my post above. Let me know how unzipping that goes.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was able to open both of them.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by oldevodude
I was able to open both of them.
Me too. No problem on several different macs and pcs. Strange.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Whoa...

Just downloaded the new ECUFlash and I was blown away... LOL

Lost all my mods and crap so I've been spending a few hours searching and finding the XML to re-insert.

Reason being, I was running on an AEM EMS for a few months and paid no attention to the Flashing stuff. Now that I decided to go back to stock ECU, I've had to learn all over again.

-E
Old Dec 17, 2008, 09:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Wicked E
Whoa...

Just downloaded the new ECUFlash and I was blown away... LOL

Lost all my mods and crap so I've been spending a few hours searching and finding the XML to re-insert.

Reason being, I was running on an AEM EMS for a few months and paid no attention to the Flashing stuff. Now that I decided to go back to stock ECU, I've had to learn all over again.

-E
Your old definitions should still be there. Look for a folder called backup001, or backup002, etc. What version did you download?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Me too. No problem on several different macs and pcs. Strange.
mrfred, your archive is a twice-zipped file (a zip inside a gzip archive).
I attached a "normal" zip version of your upload. Hope it's ok for you...
Attached Files
evo v1.4x new xmls.zip (27.9 KB, 30 views)
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Your old definitions should still be there. Look for a folder called backup001, or backup002, etc. What version did you download?

Yeah, it's been a while...

-E

P.S. LMAO!! That backup folder sure had it all in there. Shhh, don't tell my wife...

Last edited by Wicked E; Dec 17, 2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't WinXP have built-in ZIP/UNZIP? Don't think I've installed winzip on any PCs that I use.
My Comp. @ work runs win.XP. My laptop runs win.Vista... Im not sure about the built in zip/unzip. I do know I was able to open/post up zip files before on both comps. now I can not! I installed the latest version of winzip on my laptop and no change... I was gonna try it on the comp @ work, but it didnt fix the issue on my laptop,so...

I just tried to open the new zip from al/lupo and still Nathan!
Drama...

Quick Reply: need help: new xml files for upcoming ECUFlash release