Autosmoothing tool for Fuel and Ignition Maps

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Autosmoothing tool for Fuel and Ignition Maps

Current Version: 2.4
http://jumptronix.com/evo/

Original thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=362921 where you can read all about the origin of smoothing and this tool. Please read it first before asking questions

21 Aug 2008 v2.4
Added a 19 cell version of the MIVEC table and adjusted some limits and other things. Added a change log too.

21 Aug 2008 v2.3
Mivec Tab Added. Since it behaved more like fuel than timing it made it easy to modify the fuel tab.

Its now too big to attach so I've posted to a folder on my server. Given that I do not have MIVEC I'm not versed on its intracacies like the practical min and maxes, and cells that you might not want smoothed by default. If someone wants to clue me in, and/or make some changes and then post it back (delete the other tabs to make it small enough to post) it would be most helpful.

9 Dec 2009 V7 BIGMAPS autosmoothing
Originally posted by lan_evo_mr9
Here ya go...Huge shout out to travman for the work put forth on this...

http://www.filedropper.com/evomapwor...oothing-v2-4_1

Last edited by MR Turco; May 11, 2010 at 05:23 AM. Reason: added V7 support
The following users liked this post:
dragunbayne (Mar 1, 2017)
Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

This is awesome, really great work.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Quick question ... if we use this with an Evo VIII (19 col), does the last column (260) use the 280 column in the default map for smoothing? I thought it would so I used v2 for the VIII I was working on.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

not 100% sure I'm tracking but I will say this:

1) The only table used for smoothing is the middle table (the source) and the top table (the result)

2) The load values at the tops of the columns mean NOTHING. They would be blank for all it matters.

3) Every data point uses all the data point immediatly around it for smoothing. On the edges, that means the amount of data used to smooth is less since there are fewer datapoints surroinding it. The corner cells obvioulsy uses even less. An easy way to see what is being used (and even modify if you're so inclined) is the double click on the cell you are interested in (or just select it and then click in the formula bar) and then go look at the Table 2 (timing) or theQuantived table (fuel) and you will see the corresponding cell surrounded by a box indicating what cells are being used in the average function.

Hope that answers your question. Now ... if your question points to a feature you think might be useful, I'm open to discussing it more
Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe I didn't explain well ...

The VIII has 19 columns, but the spreadsheet has 21. If you copy in the 19 columns from the VIII ROM in to the middle graph, the last 2 columns do not change and are not part of the map you are trying to smooth. But, these 2 columns (well, really only the next to last one) are being smoothed in to the last column of the 19 column map. This will yield unwanted results in the last column of your map.

Basically, I'm saying that we need a 19 and 21 column version for proper smoothing for VIII maps. Now, if you've already taken this in to consideration my concern is unneeded.

when I smoothed my VVT map, I duplicated the last row and column in to the spreadsheet to keep the unwanted values from bleeding in during smoothing.

Last edited by TouringBubble; Aug 21, 2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Just a minor nitpick/fix, but the Fuel Map is only 18/20 columns. (Which is correct)

The label still says 19/21 though. =)
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

TouringBubbleahh yes you are right ... you do NOT want to do that. And that is why I created the two versions. v2-1 was nothing more than a 20/21 cell version of v2 with nothing else really changed. So all the VIII users should have kept using v2.

But the better point is, now I have v2-2 which has both versions in one spreadsheet. But for space reasons I had to delete all the Tabs that TK has originially created. At some point I might start adding them back, with smoothing enabled, since they are still useful both as a working toolset, but also a repository for your maps.

PessimiStick boy you REALLY live up to your nickname hahaha no seriously thanks for the heads up; leave it to the analyst to not even count [dee dee deeee]. Maybe I'll call them small map/big map and then we can all have big map envy :O
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Haha. I swear I'm not actually pessimistic, I'm just detail oriented. =p
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

sadly this doesn't really show it but so am I in my usual day to day life. But I have to pay so much attention to detail at work that I think my brain just shuts down when I get home. That and 12am + testing sangria recipies (and it takes AT LEAST 2 glasses to correctly test) means my attention to detail and just about everything else can be dulled haha
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Eh, no matter how many times you check over something, someone else can usually find a mistake in 5 seconds. Happens to everyone. Peer review ftw. (Or in this case, not so peer review) =D
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is awesome!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PessimiStick
(Or in this case, not so peer review) =D
What? You think you're better than me? Pump your brakes kid, this man's a national treasure!!!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Didn't realize this was 2.2 ... I'll snag this one to keep then ... I've already customized a version of 2.1 to suit the specific setting on my car and I'll use 2.2 for others ...

Again, thanks for the time and effort put in to this project. I wish my degree was of use in this arena ... anyone need a DVD built? CSS revamped? Anyone ... ?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Touring, what have you done to yours? Anything we might want to share with the larger group?

Quick Reply: Autosmoothing tool for Fuel and Ignition Maps