Notices
ECU Flash

How to read an ACD Error code?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to read an ACD Error code?

After getting some ECU error code P0505, I have followed the instruction to adjust the SAS. - That did eliminate the P0505 but after doing this I got a new issue.

The ACD sporatic lid Tarmac,Grawel and Snow at the same time until the ignition key is off. Lid stops at restart and occur again when driving.

I need to read the error code, how to to?

I tryed out my EvoScan 2.6 - 1,3U cabel connected to the MUTIII connector but can not finde any settings for ACD. only AYC is pressent in the program but it givs no readings.

I notist that the 3 LED flash in a pattern - 2 quick and 8 slow or 8 slow and 2 quick. Is that the way to read the ACD code? 28 or 82.

I have a feeling that there is a connection adjusting the SAS and the new issue, because is starts right after adjusting this. I think that I have adjusted a bit to much up, as my ISCS now reads betwin 2-10 when idle. But expect error code 41 or 42.

But it would be Cool to get the ACD code befor changing the SAS.

Thanks

Last edited by GiGas; Sep 13, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:26 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGas
After getting some ECU error code P0505, I have followed the instruction to adjust the SAS. - That did eliminate the P0505 but after doing this I got a new issue.

The ACD sporatic lid Tarmac,Grawel and Snow at the same time until the ignition key is off. Lid stops at restart and occur again when driving.

I need to read the error code, how to to?

I tryed out my EvoScan 2.6 - 1,3U cabel connected to the MUTIII connector but can not finde any settings for ACD. only AYC is pressent in the program but it givs no readings.

I notist that the 3 LED flash in a pattern - 2 quick and 8 slow or 8 slow and 2 quick. Is that the way to read the ACD code? 28 or 82.

I have a feeling that there is a connection adjusting the SAS and the new issue, because is starts right after adjusting this. I think that I have adjusted a bit to much up, as my ISCS now reads betwin 2-10 when idle. But expect error code 41 or 42.

But it would be Cool to get the ACD code befor changing the SAS.

Thanks
Try starting the car with your logging cable unplugged...
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by fostytou
Try starting the car with your logging cable unplugged...

HeHe.. A good point
I know that the ACD will flash when the Cable is connected.
The topic here is not related to that.

I simpely need to know how to read an ACD error code, as my Evo do have an issue whit the ACD.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 02:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Don't know howto...

Dealer would be your best bet...

have u checked the diff liquids etc?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The manual tells you how to read it...I quoted it in a thread somewhere. Something like grounding one of the pins and then the light will flash the code number.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by tephra
Don't know howto...

Dealer would be your best bet...

have u checked the diff liquids etc?
Ok I was shure that the EvoScan would help me out here.

I will check up all Lubricants.

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
The manual tells you how to read it...I quoted it in a thread somewhere. Something like grounding one of the pins and then the light will flash the code number.
I been up and down the manual - cant finde any usefull info.

But the blink code I could see could well be eighter 28 or 82 so I will hunt on 82 as there are no code 28 in the manual.

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got a little silly with the BISS once and iscv steps were 0 at idle and I never got any cel or acd lights flashing. Drove with it like that for months.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

I think you must engage the ACD pump to bleed the lines and this can be done in Mitsu dealer.
The ACD bleed is for center diff, you can bleed that also, but not with Evoscan as I know.
Try to reset the battery and check again.Do a manual read after starting the car for 10 or so seconds.
Also there is a manual option witch we use it here for Evo 6/7 so turn the car's ignition on with the accelerator pedal floored. Pump to run for several seconds. Do this 4 or 5 times.
For AYC do the same but turn the wheel slowly to the left, loosen right bleeder and than do for the right side by turning the wheel to the right loosen left bleeder.
You can try to connect pins 1 and fin 4 with a piece of wire and read manualy the fault code.Long flashes are tens and short flashes are units,steady flashes no error codes.Under the dash connect pin 1 to pin 4 on the obd port then count how many times the AYC light flashes.
You will get a number and than you will know what error you have.
You must do this with the igntion to the on position (don't turn on the engine).
For example 82 is pump fail or 42 is TPS.
You will have a delay between codes so try to count precise.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I believe that was my code too. That 82 pump failure one.. I turn the key to the on position floor the car.. You would hear the pump run. And about 10-20 seconds then all light lit up. I determined it wasn't building pressure. I replace the pump and it works now. I took my old ACD pump apart I found lots of corrosion inside between the motor and housing from all the winter months. They don't look like they are seal very well. Just a FYI
Old Oct 1, 2009, 02:27 PM

I was at Mitsu dealer today and they found that the code is 82

They are making an warranty request to replace the pump.

The nice thing here are that it looks like the when EvoScan are connected the ACD lights will flash the code Hope that some of you can use this information. And will try to check it out if any ACD errors occurs on your Evo IX.

Thanks GiGas