Any chance to get the adresses for the other Tephra V7s

(88580714)?

Many thanks

mlocatel
Old Dec 5, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Yep, I considered that method, and it could be done, but it would take some time. Until its proven that its needed, I don't plan to think about it further.

Are you aware that logic translated most of the 8859 advanced fuel control tables over to 9653?
Understandable, MOST people don't make a 4500' climb in sub-zero weather as part of their weekly schedule. Guess I better bring somebody willing to push.

I just had other tables that were found previously as well that initially were listed as start up related. Good to know when I was looking at the dissassembly I wasn't loosing my mind though as I had came up with basically what you listed above and thus the reason I took them down.

I'm beginning to see that there are a lot of tables floating around on this site that I have spent a great deal of time tracking down that are not right. Oh well, I think my future method will be that any time I want to mess with a table that may not be well known, I'll be double checking that the table is defined correctly through dissassembly first (at least size, location and in the right routine anyway).
Old Dec 5, 2009, 02:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Understandable, MOST people don't make a 4500' climb in sub-zero weather as part of their weekly schedule. Guess I better bring somebody willing to push.

As R/TErnie said, if there are no underlying issues, there is a pretty wide range of startup fueling conditions that will work. My guess is that you won't have much of a problem - maybe an extra crank or two. The way to think about it is that if the car starts well at 100 kPa, and then if you go somewhere where baro is 70 kPa, then that will cause startup fueling to be 30% richer. Shouldn't be that big of a deal, but if it turns out that you have a serious problem, let me know.

BTW, how are warm starts with your ID1000s right now?

There are quite a few guesswork tables out there, especially for fueling where there are such a large number of factors that play a role in the final pulse width. If you want, I can give you a well disassembled 9653 disassem to work from. I haven't inserted very many comments, but all the hex has been converted to either code or data. Of course you are also welcome to have a copy of my 8859 disassem. I'd venture to guess that its probably the most commented Evo disassem out there. PM me if you are interested.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

pm's are full, email sent to the email in your signature

I have reverted back to an older ROM for a couple different reasons. Mostly because I've been trying out a few different methods to tune the speed density tables and trying to get a feel for what offers the best driveability and tuning flexibility. I ran across a bad table or two though that had some detrimental effects on how the car ran and I'm not exactly sure the first date I started using the bad tables. As such, I'm back to lousy start ups but a car that runs well enough and starts reliably (albeit after numerous cranks).

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Dec 5, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 03:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Have made two updates to the fuel pulse description in the first post:
1) Added info on the minimum load change required for there to be a SyncLoadAccel/Decel contribution.
2) Determined that LTFTs are used in the BFPW calculation.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrfred - you edited your original post and took out a lot of tables (like sync load accel and decel IPW tables). What happened?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 07:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by shadow1
mrfred - you edited your original post and took out a lot of tables (like sync load accel and decel IPW tables). What happened?
Not sure how it happened, but its fixed.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
2) Determined that LTFTs are used in the BFPW calculation.
Did you notice if putting the car in open loop through the periphery bits drops this calculation out?

When switching back and forth between open and closed loop testing things, I've been resetting the ECU to make sure it clears these values out. Just wondering if that's needed or not.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Did you notice if putting the car in open loop through the periphery bits drops this calculation out?

When switching back and forth between open and closed loop testing things, I've been resetting the ECU to make sure it clears these values out. Just wondering if that's needed or not.
Oops. I had intended to state specifically that the LTFTs do scale the BFPW even during open loop. The code selects the LTFT appropriate to the MAF Hz. Note that above 1600 Hz, the high LTFT is used, and it is always 0 (the null value in the code is 128), so if an engine has enough airflow to cross 1600 Hz, there can be a step change in fueling when crossing that frequency if the LTFT mid is significantly far from 0. tephra has a thread in the Evo X engine management forum where he has worked out a strategy to prevent the fuel trims from having an effect on open loop fueling.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

What about just dropping the LTFT mid->high threshold to like 500Hz or so?

Anything above that range of value seems to put the ECU into open loop fueling anyway.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 08:16 PM
EvoM Guru

What about just dropping the LTFT mid->high threshold to like 500Hz or so?

Anything above that range of value seems to put the ECU into open loop fueling anyway.
That's what tephra did.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 08:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
so for CT9A, regarding the Cruise Trim (mid) - does that affect WOT fueling?

I never thought it did?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 08:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by tephra
so for CT9A, regarding the Cruise Trim (mid) - does that affect WOT fueling?

I never thought it did?
Yep, turns out that it does.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Is this the correct table for 9653XXX6
Code:
	<table name="Closed Loop - LT Trim Control" address="35e5" category="Closed Loop Control" type="2D" level="2" scaling="AirFlow Hz">
		<table name="Condition" type="Static Y Axis" elements="4">
			<data>Low -> Mid</data>
			<data>Mid -> Low</data>
			<data>Mid -> High</data>
			<data>High -> Mid</data>
		</table>
	</table>

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Dec 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 02:22 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You people, I suggested dropping it to ~800hz months ago!

Quick Reply: Advanced fuel control options