Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Kiggly Racing Oil Pressure Reg for Evos

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009 | 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Kiggly Racing Oil Pressure Reg for Evos

I saw this here
http://www.shop.kigglyracing.com/pro...=1&productId=8

This keep excess oil out of the Evo head causing too much oil build up in the head and dumping it into the catch can. When you removing the Balance shaft, people have recorded over 100 psi out of the head when in high revs.. It has been tested and will not put any wear on the valve train components. It regulates the excess oil pressure without the compromise of a restriction that dropping to unsafe low oil pressures.

What do you guys think.. I'm going to be buying one when I pull the balance shafts out.
Old Jan 21, 2009 | 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Never seen it. I would be interested to hear more on this or how many people actually run it on the street...
Old Jan 29, 2009 | 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wshihdnevo
Never seen it. I would be interested to hear more on this or how many people actually run it on the street...
It's a newer product. But Kiggly been racing for a long time and this has been tested on his race car. It really helps keep the oil in the pan and out of the head because there is a drain back issue with the head. This is a problem when removing the balance shafts it increase oil pressure to to head. This helps eliminate the problem.
Old Feb 7, 2009 | 11:41 AM

sounds like a sound idea but who is willing to test out the execution of the product with their motor.
Old Feb 16, 2009 | 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Well, me for one. We try to thoroughly test all our parts before releasing to production. This part was on the race car most of last season and a production version on my street car (beater DSM) since late last summer. It has been tested in single-digit and hot temperatures and after several months and a few thousand miles things were torn down for inspection. The regulator's moving parts all looked brand new without even any witness marks that they were moving. There was no apparent cam wear or anything out of the ordinary in the valvetrain.

Also, I ran some valve spring tests a couple years ago with the lifters at under 10psi. After a 30-min 8k-9k continuous test I could not find any wear or anything else bad. Also keep in mind the old mitsu dump-to-reduce regulator ran similar pressure, only about 15psi. They passed OEM durability tests like this. I bet the only reason that part became extinct in OEM trim was price. It probably cost 20x as much to make as the current OEM oil distribution block.

Kevin
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tigre
sounds like a sound idea but who is willing to test out the execution of the product with their motor.
I turst kiggly so much I'm putting one on my car when I build the motor. (that's if I keep the car.)
Old Jun 10, 2009 | 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Any updates from anyone that has used this product, besides the manufacturer?
Old Jun 10, 2009 | 08:35 AM
Former Sponsor

We will be using it in our shop car this year, I will report back with some results shortly. Thanks again Kevin!

Old Jun 10, 2009 | 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I got one delivered today.

The CNC'd workmanship is outstanding, the shipping was very quick, and Kevin is a meticulous racer who has been setting records in the 4g63 world for a very long time.

You'll like this part, and what it does!
Old Jun 10, 2009 | 12:14 PM

I've been using Kiggly's work for a little over a year now (helped test out his crank trigger sensor in my daily-driven DSM before initial release) and must say he definitely puts in the research time. I recently found out about his HLA oil pressure regulator and now have it installed in the same daily-driven DSM with zero issues (This DSM also doubles as a weekend road racing / Time Attack vehicle).

Unfortunately I do not have oil pressure sensors hooked up to the head to confirm his test results, but based on his previous work, I will trust him with this.
Old Nov 20, 2010 | 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

I've installed this this afternoon on my 05 EVO 8 today. Install was easy and straight forward, and the part was nicely made!!!
Old Nov 20, 2010 | 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered one a couple months ago for my 2.4 build, but haven't finished my project yet. I've seen a bunch of 2.4 builds run Kiggly's HLA. From what I've heard, the 4g64's need the extra oil in the bottom end since the 4g64 doesn't have the oiling ability the 4g63 does, and this is one way to do it. Others use AMS's larger oil pan, and some use both. I believe this is why many 2.4's do not use oil squirters too, since they take oil away from the crank.

Perhaps someone else out there can chime in on this subject?