Notices

Need help bringing DYNOFLASH (Al) to Germany!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Need help bringing DYNOFLASH (Al) to Germany!!!

Germany, Belguim, England, Italy and anyone else I didn't mention, EVO owners.. I was hoping to get a consensus from EVO owners in the European area to try and get Al from DYNOFLASH to come to Germany. Obviously, the main purpose is to do some tunes and flashes for us. I just left Arizona back in January 2006 and have since put on a bunch of mods on the car. I know there is one person at a local shop who is trying to get Al here, but mainly to tune Eurospec EVOs'. Since the European spec EVOs are tuned different from the factory, then Al would probably need to test his maps/flahses first, before tuning a Euro EVO... Then again, I may be off base some.. It really doesn't matter until people answer and give their input on this matter..

Feedback is a must.. Please post here or PM.. If you are curious of the costs, then check the DYNOFLASH forum.. the costs may vary due to the travel though..

Thanks for your help
Old May 10, 2006, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

you find 20 or so of your german friends to put down a deposit and im sure he'll be there
Old May 10, 2006, 03:55 AM
Evolved Member

+1 that's the intent anyway.. we'll see.. Again, I've been here since Jan. and have maybe seen 6 EVO VIII/IX's in the whole country...
Old May 10, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

I just put a post about tuning in your other thread. He would make a ton more money if he did tunes for cars other than Evos. There ain't but 10-15 of us (American) MAX between Germany and Belgium.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

while you're at it, do you think he can manage Thailand too?
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

I posted this in another thread as well - Just to let you know that I am currently talking to a guy in AZ about coming over and tuning some cars. He does many different ones using AEM EMS, ECUtek, and software based ECU flash. Don;t have prices, but interested individuals need to PM so that I can give a number and determine price. Thanks for the help and drive safe.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evolutionizedevo8,

I am just curious who that tuner from AZ you are referering to. Are you refering to Clark(AZscoobie), Jay from Mynes performance? Richard Garcia from DynoComp? Micth from Vididracing?
Anyway, I can assit you a lot, my best friend is also there in Germany (Evofunk) and I can put you a list of Evo owners from Europe if needed.

From my point of view(spent 25 years in Europe) Al will have a challenge adjusting the different mapping for the Evos. German TUV, British MOT, Spanish ITV and each European country has their own regulations on emisions.

Some cars running with methanol/alcohol might have to shut down their methanol kits in order to fit the tight European emissions. Also loud exhaust are bounced back on the inspections shops.

You guys might want to reconsider all this aspects before anything else. Please contact Evofunk(Sergio) as he has been/lived in Europe for even much longer that I have(30 plus years) and he also has a tuned/modded Evo, additionally he is in Germany as we speak.. He is also in the service.

Just for the record, UK has the lead on tuning shops for Evos, not to let down the rest of Europe but that is the true.

Good luck and please count on me contacting anyone in AZ.

I wish everyone could read this but here are the parameters for Evos brough in to Germany from the USA:

1) Before 1994, CO-
£ 4.5%

2) Car brought into Germany from 1° January

1995 until el 31 de December 1998 CO-
£ 2.0% £ 0.5%

HC-
£ 350 p. p. m £ 125 p. p. m

a.3) From January

de 1999-12-01 CO-
£0.5% £ 0.3%

HC-
£125 p. p. m £ 100 p. p. m.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jun 21, 2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

thanks Carlos for the info.. I would greatly appreciate the info on other Evo Owners in the area. As for tuning, Mitch has been the sole advisor thus far. Most of the Evo owners I know are US SPEC 8's.. There are some 6 and 7's, but for the most part they want basic flashes/tunes. I, on the other hand, bought mine at O'Riellys in Tucson 2004. I have a Buschur TBE and swapped to stock exhaust for inspection. I haven't had a prob yet -"knock, knock" - on wood....

Off subject, but I noticed that you took off your Nisei intercooler... Was there a significant reason?? I just bought one and put it on, it has been doing great. Thanks again.

Mike
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evolutionized(Mike),

The reason why I took the Nisei was because of turbolag and decrease of boost. I know you might be thinking: why did you not crank up the boost?, I did.

Your Nisei might work well for others but did not work much for me. In fact I ran faster at the track prior to do the intercooler.

I am a guy that spend a lot of $ every year in mods on my cars, if I think something does not work for me then it does not work for me. I am also a guy that does a lot of own research on dyno and track, the Nisei wasn't for me however I would recommend it for other aplications(bigger turbo, turbokit).

As per contacting any tuner, I can do that anytime, I live in Tucson and I can talk to the few tuners in Phoenix or whomever you need to.

Your first contact is Sergio(Evofunk) he is in Germany, has a Evo, is in the military and is my best friend, he can bend over for you if you tell him you know me(that was just an expresion, he is not gay..LOL).

Also, where exactly are you in Germany? what branch of service are you?, I am USAF, Sergio is Army.

I am eager to put a good tuner that way. I am sending you a PM with some important info(private).

As far is Mitch from Vividracing, you are in the right direction, he is a excellent guy, always sharp, always willing to help and a great person to talk to.

This is another good tip for you Mike, whenever you start stablishing contact with other Evo Owners in Europe remember that you can ship stuff for free from base to base no matter what brach of military installation as long as they are overseas. This might help you tremendosly. I shipped huge boxes to Evofunk from UK to Germany, things as big as a windshield for his Honda Civic, again, this was for free.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jun 24, 2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Hey guys this is Mitch Mckee. I am going to head to France in a month or two to tune cars for a good friend of mine and I would like to stop in Germany not only to see the country, as i have never been there, but if anyone is interested in getting tuned please let me know. I have some other stops to make in Europe as well, so keep me posted as to if asnyone wants to get tuned.
Thanks Fellas and PM me if you are interested,
Mitch Mckee
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Mitch, if your still around, then give me a ring... 0711680-8904.. and 0711680-5662.. and / or email at evomaniaviii@netscape.net

There are a few of us that are still looking for a tuner.. I talked to Carlos(fromWRXtoEVO) and said you're a straight up guy.. I really need some help to get this thing working.. Let me know.. thanks. And anyone else in Germany should jump on this..
Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah let me know. I will be there in a month or so to help a friend of mone out in France, and another friend in Scotland, so if any of you guys need to get tuned while I am there let me know and I can come spend a couple days in Germany.
Thanks,
Mitch Mckee