Notices

New in Germany!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2006, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
OldSchool, did you sell your EVO?? Send me some pics before you do, still trying to get a web page together of Car enthusiasts in Europe. So everyone, if you could send some pics of your car(s) to evomaniaviii@netscape.net I will try and get the page together by the end of the month. Later all...

John, it was good talkin to ya.. Hope we can all get together soon before the weather changes for good this year..
Old Sep 18, 2006, 01:13 AM

Welcome John

I've been in Germany for about four years, but new to the Evo community (which seems slim here). I've met up with Mike (EvoLutionized8), and would like to get up with others...maybe set a day aside for the Ring.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

What's up John.. good to see that you made it here.. We will definitely have to set a date soon.. The weather will be changing soon. I don't know when the ring will officially close, but we need to make this happen.. This has been the most I have seen on this forum since I've been here in Germany.. Belguim, bring it on too Oldschool!!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Contact Evofunk and evolutionized , they are in Germany. Let me guess, you are going to be at the 435th Squadron?

Carlos
Yep...435 AMDS to be exact!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BADEVO
Jager Schnitzel mitte Pommes.................... Thats some GOOOOOOOOOD stuff right there.
and to wash it down with a Hefe Weizen! Yummy!!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stmast33
I've been in Germany for about four years, but new to the Evo community (which seems slim here). I've met up with Mike (EvoLutionized8), and would like to get up with others...maybe set a day aside for the Ring.
I was TDY in Stuttgart a couple weeks ago and had a blast down town. Drink way too much beer that night.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jkim2001
Yep...435 AMDS to be exact!
HAHAHHAA , I know my $hit uh?

Carlos
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Hi anybody close to Baumholder, Germany.. just got here yesterday..!!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

wuzzup redline.. welcome to Germany.. In Stuttgart myself. There are Evo owners all around Europe. Haven't had the opportunity to see most of them, but they all seem pretty cool.. Anyway, drop a line anytime. I visit most of the tracks around here and like to drive fast. L8
Old Feb 2, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

oh that's petty cool.. yo you need to fill me in on everything.. where can i get parts..? tuners, shops, what kind of fuel do you use.. what about oil.. i heard i had to switch to 10-40 cuz of inconsistant weather.. what do you use since you lived here..

I suppose you go to hockenheim since its the closest to you huh.. so besides bitburg and the Nurburg ring.. is there anything else.. and also kinda let me know how it is.. do they speak english a bit.. also when are they open..? thsx in advance..

Redline
Old Feb 2, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Redline06
oh that's petty cool.. yo you need to fill me in on everything.. where can i get parts..? tuners, shops, what kind of fuel do you use.. what about oil.. i heard i had to switch to 10-40 cuz of inconsistant weather.. what do you use since you lived here..

I suppose you go to hockenheim since its the closest to you huh.. so besides bitburg and the Nurburg ring.. is there anything else.. and also kinda let me know how it is.. do they speak english a bit.. also when are they open..? thsx in advance..

Redline

You can find just about all the regular oils for the Evo. Some locations even have Royal Purple. I've been running it for the past 4yrs(I think the longest of all the military guys). I've also been running regular syn. 10w30 and never had any problems. They rally shop that looks at my car says it is best for the Evo. The fuel here imo is better than stateside petrol. The only thing I would stock up on are oil filters and spark plugs. I've been here since 03 and I've NEVER have had any mechanical problems with any of my Evos. The weather and road conditions are far worse in Belgium than in Germany, and if it isn't close to stock I won't run it.

Tuners and shops are still kinda hard to find. I think Evolutionized has located a dyno but hasn't been to it yet. I think the hardest part is finding an AWD dyno. I've told him that if he makes an appointment I will make the trip down too. Just cause I'm in Belgium I spend a lot of time in Germany. I was there twice this week and will be down there later this month too.

Like I said in the other post no matter where you go someone will speak a little english. Most of the tracks won't open until late April. Bitburg opens up in May I think.

How loud is your stock exhaust? I think German law is a little more strict on noise.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Is not that loud at all.. should be just under 95DB... I seen a SRT-4 with aftermarket exhaust and that car is kinda loud so I should pass and besides SRT-4 come with straight pipes from the factory.. but uhh.. I dnt have a cat.. u think that might be a prob.. if so.. i can get one.. and put it on b4 heading to inspection..
Old Feb 4, 2007, 02:50 AM

i dont have a cat on my car and it passed inspection with no problem. the guy gave me $hit because he said it was too loud, but he passed me anyway. hope you have fun with it over here.

GO COLTS!!!!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:01 PM

Hey guys, I'm over at Spangdahlem, 52 CES. I've been here for a little over 2years now. I pick up my Evo from Bremerhaven on Monday. Heres a site that I check pretty often, they have a bunch of cavaliers and sunfires but there are also some people with nicer cars. Also some German members which are good for finding stuff for you here , which can be tough sometimes. http://www.tachoutperformance.com/
Old Feb 14, 2007, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Ive Been in germany for about 8 years this time but currently deployed to Baghdad but will be home soon! Also have to install about 10g's worth of parts cant wait! GT35 For now till i finish my build