Notices

Moving to Germany next week

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Germany next week

I'll be stationed at Spangdahlem AB, Germany. Does anybody know any good shops around the area? I'm going to need to get my Evo IX reflashed for the fuel and I need a new HFC because I fouled mine out already.

Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:05 AM

Good luck finding a place to tune around here in germany. IF you do find a place it will be stupid stupid expensive. you need to tune b4 you get here. but there is a lot of people that can help somewhat. you just have to meet the locals and find out whats going on. if you want i can look into it for you. dont be surprised that you are going to pay out the butt to get some simple things that we take for granted in the states
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I'm going to just get a tactrix cable if I can find one and have someone mail me a flash. I should be alright if I can just wait for stuff to be shipped to me. Thank you, though.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

I've been running the same mail in flash for 2yrs with no problems.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhiteNoise
Good luck finding a place to tune around here in germany. IF you do find a place it will be stupid stupid expensive. you need to tune b4 you get here. but there is a lot of people that can help somewhat. you just have to meet the locals and find out whats going on. if you want i can look into it for you. dont be surprised that you are going to pay out the butt to get some simple things that we take for granted in the states
well there a couple of places to get tuned in germany, steffen at JUST Solutions/buschurracing can help out. If u look at buschurs site will see it there in the vendors location.Not a problem to get the evo tuned at all
Old Oct 29, 2008, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Also your like 10 mins away from the Bitburg Drag Strip.. LUCKY!!

BTW getting tuned on the Autobahn is something else.. Steffen did my tuning while I was doing the pulls.. Every time he touched up the tune, I was 100% sure he knew what he was doing.. aside from just being a parts vendor for Buschur, he has been to Buschur's Shop and knows him personally and has sharpen Steffen Tuning skills.. his my go to guy while am in Germany.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

yup,and for my new project lol,steffen will be doing the tuning.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Iam having a rough time getting ahold of him. I want to set up some time to get the turbo put in.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sauce4u
yup,and for my new project lol,steffen will be doing the tuning.
What project are you talking about.. do you still owe that GG evo..lol or you found a new one.. hey u know any E85 station close to Baumholder.. I searched and found a list but no Baumholder.. WTF man.. I plan on running E85.. maybe its time I get a hold of the AAFES ppl and start a movement..lol

Originally Posted by mump
Iam having a rough time getting ahold of him. I want to set up some time to get the turbo put in.
His a busy Guy.. His international.. he lives in Germany but he services Europe.. he constantly travels all over the Globe.. your going to have to wait.. if you cnt?? Then find someone else.. He has a competitor, who services the USDM Evo Crowd as well or you can deal with the so called others, who just want business..

I waited also to get stuff done.. it was worth the time and expense.. like I said.. his my go to guy..
Old Oct 30, 2008, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

yeah still got the evo man,and yeah I have found another,and a porsche opps did i spill the beans lol. and Steffen is the go too guy.Like he said he personally knows DAVID,its worth the wait,and yes yes yes you wiill wait.He travels all over,spain,sweden,china.japan.he is internationally known,and he knows what he is doing.And naw i havent seen any E85 stations near,Ill be running race most of the time anyway.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 02:29 AM
Evolved Member

Its not that he knows David.. its the fact that he takes notes from him..lol Damn Will.. Yes, u did spill the beans.

EUROECLIPSE: What are your mods.. if you got a Turbo-back.. make sure you bring or get a stock one with you.. easiest way to pass inspection. Hope to see you next year @ Bitburg..
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

If you go to the stealership (if you have to) and can't find anyone local then don't forget your VAT form and save you some extra money. I passed with my TBE no problems but I do have a RRE test pipe that looks like a stock cat that might have helped.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:54 AM
ba5

anyone know of any evos for sale? been looking for like a year...
there was an evo viii for sale last spring, but didnt trust the tune and vibrations over 100mph so I passed. I think someone from ktown bought it, hoped it worked out.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I know Steffen is international. He put in my Tcase, exedy twin and cams. Had to wait on both installs. I admit, he is the man - worth the wait. It is hard cause I got new turbo sitting in the spare room just calling me.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Also, for inspection - TBE won't kill you. I went through and passed with a Helix DP, Ultimate racing test pipe and a HKS catback. I seen them all point at it and pass me.

Quick Reply: Moving to Germany next week