Notices

Need a bit of info from UKDM/EDM Evo 8RS w/o AYC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a bit of info from UKDM/EDM Evo 8RS w/o AYC

I am in the process of moving my ACD pump to the rear of my USDM Evo 8. I am looking for a UKDM/EDM Evo 8 RS w/o AYC owner to PM me with some info to help me so I can look up the necessary parts in Mitsubishi ASA. I am wanting to do this with as many factory parts as possible for my own reasons.

I can assure you this is all on the up and up...I'm no scammer!

Best Regards,
Andrew
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Bump to clarify...question is regarding Evo 8 w/ ACD and no AYC. Anyone?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Just because I'm optimistic there is someone on here that has a CT9A with ACD and no AYC...maybe?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
Just because I'm optimistic there is someone on here that has a CT9A with ACD and no AYC...maybe?
last time i checked you have a CT9A with ACD and no AYC
Old Aug 23, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, yes, I do! You, sir, are very astute.

I guess I need to be more specific...and I just posted the real root of my question in here

What I was really after from this forum, via private PM's and not in public under any condition (...and I have no minions in Europe that dabble in theft of any kind, so you would be safe...) , was the VIN for a CT9A w/ ACD w/o AYC that I could plug in to the ASA to look up the parts necessary to relocate the USDM ACD pump form the front (most inconvenient for my plans) and put it in the LH rear fender like the rest of the world, using the proper parts.

I also have questions as to whether these cars use the USDM type pump relocated to the rear, or do they use the ROW ACD/AYC pump/valve asm. and just plug the ports from the AYC valve? Or does have yet a second ACD only pump?

I was only trying to be discreet in my inquiry here so as not to seem creepy about my wanting to obtain a VIN, and the motives. I was trying to confer with someone privately, but that was getting nowhere.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

I can't possibly think of why you would want to do something like this. Honestly it sounds like you will spend way more money than you think you might. Most USDM dealers will probably not wanna order such parts and you will probably have to source them from some one in the UK/Japan that has crashed their Evo. And even then I highly doubt it will be usable at that point.

Why not just use an 03-04 parts without ACD?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

I have prices on many of the parts already...surpisingly, they are really quite reasonable. I came from meddling in BMW M cars to the Mitsu world. The prices for these components are cheap by comparison. Even if I sourced a used ACD/AYC pump, it would only add ~400.00 to the price. I won't, though because it does complicate a few little things (wiring, what happens if the other valve is deadheaded, ROW pump that I am fimilar with has different connectors and pressure switches...) that if I don't have to deal with, I won't. I'll fab up a mount for the USDM pump to fit. I am really just wanting answers as to what pump is used in the configuration I am inquiring about in case it changes what bracketry I order, and to use as many OE Mitsu parts as possible...makes repairs later easier; I will know what part numbers are installed and can reorder vs. make all new custom stuff again. There are dealers here that are willing to order ROW parts.

The price of a mechanical transfer case, beefed up, with a 40F/60R diff that will mimic what the ACD transfer case will do with just a reflash of the ACD controller is ~4000+ dollars. And ACD cases are not a hot seller in the states, so I would still be a lot of money ahead to work with what I have.

As for why I want to do this...because I love justifying myself ...is more than 12 very forward pounds off the already front heavy car moved to the rear, an expensive pump moved to a safer spot in the event of an off-track excursion, opens up a spot directly below my airbox for utilizing the cold air intake duct that is on my bumper from Varis, and some extra wiggle room for some very custom short route IC piping.

Last edited by WhiteEvo05; Aug 23, 2009 at 05:43 PM.