Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Switzer tuned 3582HTA-750awhp!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switzer tuned 3582HTA-750awhp!

Purchased the Switzer Evo last month. The car put down 627awhp on a stock gt35r on 93 pump gas only.I upgraded to the hta3582 to get more response from the turbo. while it was there i asked Tym to put a race gas tune on the car and try to see what he could get out of the new turbo.

Shop was cool(Ohio weather). The car put down 750awhp on the dynojet a few times

Thanks SPI !!! I guess this Tym Switzer guy knows how too tune after all(just bustin' his ***** a little).

Before everyone starts busting on me for the dyno and video, i will post them up as soon as Tym sends me the link, or hopefully he will chime in. i was sent the dyno sheet but being the computer illiterate *** that i am don't know how.

Last edited by MR Turco; Mar 29, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Thats awesome! You bought one of the best put together evos there is out there. Congrats man!
Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

damn, thats some sick power
Old Jan 3, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Bada$$ power for sure.....congrats. Awesome vid.

Last edited by SickSilverNLow; Jan 3, 2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 07:30 PM

Dyno sheet and video link...

Originally Posted by tc17
Purchased the Switzer Evo last month. The car put down 627awhp on a stock gt35r on 93 pump gas only.I upgraded to the hta3582 to get more response from the turbo. while it was there i asked Tym to put a race gas tune on the car and try to see what he could get out of the new turbo.

Shop was cool(Ohio weather). The car put down 750awhp on the dynojet a few times

Thanks SPI !!! I guess this Tym Switzer guy knows how too tune after all(just bustin' his ***** a little).

Before everyone starts busting on me for the dyno and video, i will post them up as soon as Tym sends me the link, or hopefully he will chime in. i was sent the dyno sheet but being the computer illiterate *** that i am don't know how.
Okay... to the rescue...

Here's your dyno sheet and here's a link to a video of a pull from the tuning session:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypphbXEIpQ0

I'm not sure the stock wheels and snow tires were all that helpful, lol! I probably shouldn't have wound them up that hard on the dyno. LOL!

That little 3582HTA is a great turbo, I'm very pleased with it.

I'm turning this thing back down to pumpgas levels for use with the snow's! You'll get yourself killed if I don't.
Attached Thumbnails Switzer tuned 3582HTA-750awhp!-trentchoi_spi_evoviii_35hta_racegas.jpg  
Old Jan 3, 2009, 07:32 PM

BTW... not sure on the tuning ability... but I can post a pic in a thread!
Old Jan 3, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tym Switzer
BTW... not sure on the tuning ability... but I can post a pic in a thread!
Thanks for posting the dyno sheet and video Tym! I'm sure all the winter driving mods i added(blocking off all the openings with vynil mesh and plexiglass) didn't help with cooling from the fan. Car sounds great even with the smaller exhaust system you customized for me.

What??? The car on the Hankook w300's won't handle the new added power on the 20 degree pavement?

Thanks for squeezing me in for the extra mods you had to perform. Can't wait to see how the car performs with the new upgrade.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

List of mods and pics please!!!!!!

This Switzer guys knows how to tune allright. I would love to play around with that powerband
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Here's the mod list:
SPI 2.0 Liter Racing Shortblock (Wiseco/Crower/ARP)
SPI Prepared Racing Head
FP Camshafts
HKS Cam Gears
BR Double Pumper Fuel Sender
1200CC Injectors
BR Fuel Rail
SPI Custom Sheet Metal Intake w/85mm Throttle Body
Custom Exhaust Header w/HTA3582 w/Tial Vband Turbine Housing, Tial 44mm Wastegate
SPI Custom Intercooler (Most Efficient Core Available) and Intercooler Plumbing w/Wiggins Connections
SPI Custom CDI COP Ignition w/M&W CDI Box
Exedy Triple Cerametallic Clutch Kit
Quaiffe Front LSD
Driveshaft Shop Level 5 Rear Axles and Hubs
Upgrade Rear Sway Bar
Lowering Springs
AEM EMS w/Internal Wideband
AEM Boost Control Solenoid
3 Glove Box Mounted AEM Serial Gauges
Carbon Fiber Front Lip
Mini Battery Kit/+kinetic battery in trunk
Custom Radiator and Plumbing
Custom Overflow Bottle
New OEM Transmission
Poly Front Engine Mount
Billet Shifter Bushings
Gun Metal Wheels
Custom Exterior and Interior Trim Enhancements
Beatrush undertray
Custom tunes by Switzer Performance Innovations.

Had a custom 3.5" SPI exhaust with titanium muffler. Swapped to a 3" custom SPI exhaust with JUN BL muffler and resonator.

I wonder what the power curve would have looked like with the 3.5" exhaust on the car...
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlueDemon
List of mods and pics please!!!!!!

This Switzer guys knows how to tune allright. I would love to play around with that powerband
Here's the link to some pics: http://www.jtranman.com/evo/
Ya, can't wait to see how it performs now. hopefully the 93 octant tune will be a beast also.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by tc17
Here's the mod list:
SPI 2.0 Liter Racing Shortblock (Wiseco/Crower/ARP)
SPI Prepared Racing Head
FP Camshafts
HKS Cam Gears
BR Double Pumper Fuel Sender
1200CC Injectors
BR Fuel Rail
SPI Custom Sheet Metal Intake w/85mm Throttle Body
Custom Exhaust Header w/HTA3582 w/Tial Vband Turbine Housing, Tial 44mm Wastegate
SPI Custom Intercooler (Most Efficient Core Available) and Intercooler Plumbing w/Wiggins Connections
SPI Custom CDI COP Ignition w/M&W CDI Box
Exedy Triple Cerametallic Clutch Kit
Quaiffe Front LSD
Driveshaft Shop Level 5 Rear Axles and Hubs
Upgrade Rear Sway Bar
Lowering Springs
AEM EMS w/Internal Wideband
AEM Boost Control Solenoid
3 Glove Box Mounted AEM Serial Gauges
Carbon Fiber Front Lip
Mini Battery Kit/+kinetic battery in trunk
Custom Radiator and Plumbing
Custom Overflow Bottle
New OEM Transmission
Poly Front Engine Mount
Billet Shifter Bushings
Gun Metal Wheels
Custom Exterior and Interior Trim Enhancements
Beatrush undertray
Custom tunes by Switzer Performance Innovations.

Had a custom 3.5" SPI exhaust with titanium muffler. Swapped to a 3" custom SPI exhaust with JUN BL muffler and resonator.

I wonder what the power curve would have looked like with the 3.5" exhaust on the car...
Couple of additional comments on the build list... the intercooler setup was built with a BR race core... and the long tube header on the car was originally built by BR and was run on David's RS at one time. The 3.5" exhaust that was on the car was built for the 40R/Nitrous combo that was used with the car's previous combination... it wasn't necessary for this power level as I think most of us have repeatedly shown at this point. The block is an open deck piece that we massaged... it's not filled and it's still running the original Crower rods that have been in there since the beginning of this car's high performance life (about 10 minutes after it came home from the dealership, lol) including its limited time as a nitrous assisted combination. The cylinder head and valvetrain is the original head I prepared for the car with the valve springs being changed recently from the duals to a set of HD beehive's.

I'm glad that we decided to put the smaller non-nitrous combination on the car as it has proven to be a hell of a lot more fun to drive! Since Trent is thinking about road racing and autocrossing this car as well as street/drag racing, we opted to keep it a steel rod engine and the smaller 3582HTA. I imagine there's more on the table in the future with the larger HTA. Hell... maybe getting those heavy stock wheels and snow tires changed out for something lighter would help the dyno numbers too!

I feel that this car is a terrific example of what can be accomplished with the right combination of parts and experienced preparation and tuning. Many thanks to David and the boys at BR, Robert and team at FP and all of the others that have contributed to continuously push the performance envelop of this incredible platform. This is a seriously fun street/track machine and I'm proud to have built it (it just deserves so much more than road salt and potholes!!! TRENT!).
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

awesome car you got there!
Old Jan 4, 2009, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tym Switzer
Couple of additional comments on the build list... the intercooler setup was built with a BR race core... and the long tube header on the car was originally built by BR and was run on David's RS at one time. The 3.5" exhaust that was on the car was built for the 40R/Nitrous combo that was used with the car's previous combination... it wasn't necessary for this power level as I think most of us have repeatedly shown at this point. The block is an open deck piece that we massaged... it's not filled and it's still running the original Crower rods that have been in there since the beginning of this car's high performance life (about 10 minutes after it came home from the dealership, lol) including its limited time as a nitrous assisted combination. The cylinder head and valvetrain is the original head I prepared for the car with the valve springs being changed recently from the duals to a set of HD beehive's.

I'm glad that we decided to put the smaller non-nitrous combination on the car as it has proven to be a hell of a lot more fun to drive! Since Trent is thinking about road racing and autocrossing this car as well as street/drag racing, we opted to keep it a steel rod engine and the smaller 3582HTA. I imagine there's more on the table in the future with the larger HTA. Hell... maybe getting those heavy stock wheels and snow tires changed out for something lighter would help the dyno numbers too!

I feel that this car is a terrific example of what can be accomplished with the right combination of parts and experienced preparation and tuning. Many thanks to David and the boys at BR, Robert and team at FP and all of the others that have contributed to continuously push the performance envelop of this incredible platform. This is a seriously fun street/track machine and I'm proud to have built it (it just deserves so much more than road salt and potholes!!! TRENT!).
I've owned many cars and have been on many forums. This site is an asset to all Evo owners. The experienced knowledge of wealth shared amongst us is priceless. Great to see such great communication amongst most tuners here.

Hey Tym, the way i've been babying this car, the salt and potholes during the few bad months it may see are nothing probably compared to what it's seen. I know you built this car to run hard!!! I will make sure when the weather gets better, I ring the **** out of it!!! Daily!!!

Anyone have a built motor HTA35 82 or 86 dyno info to compare with? What is the highest hp and tq people are making with a gt35 or similar turbo on an evo? Yes, i am dyno racing until it gets warm out.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

check out my thread above yours that Buschur posted. I made the switch from a 3582 to the 86. gained 37 hp on Pump gas and full spool was only 77 rpms later.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

dam thats crazy!!!

Quick Reply: Switzer tuned 3582HTA-750awhp!