Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Intake Manifold Test

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 02:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
What a surprise to find you in here DSSA.......cut and paste my boy, cut and paste, NABR is waiting on you.

You must not have read what I just said about talking about any other Magnus testing, go back and read my post again.

Actually, I did. On your own forums less then a week ago you posted that you're open to independent testing "yet no one has stepped up to the plate".

Here's something that was post a while ago (including on here..EvoM) and yet you've refused to recognize on acknowledge its existance.

The DSM Sheetmetal intake we built was never dyno tested and I never sold a single sheetmetal intake we produced with any horsepower claims. That is much different than the 45+ whp gains that the other intakes were sold claiming...........
I thought the original discussion (correct me if I'm wrong here) was that the Magnus *LOST* power and as a shop, you didn't want to sell something that wasn't worth the money. Yet, your self-admittedly untested Buschur Manifold was completely untested and yet you sold it with open arms.

My original design DSM intake ran 7.81 at 175 mph on a stock ECU and VPC in my tube car
And a stock manifold probably wouldn't have hurt the performace of your ultra-light tube-frame rear dragster @ those times as well. This shows nothing for performace, only that you put it on something that was a complete drag car and it was unrestrictive enough to allow you to run 175 in a car that weighed even less then the "tin cans" you choose to bash on now. My question is: What does that prove?

and is currently running 7.60's in Aruba on Albert's car. None of them ever split open either
I've head of this car, and what I've heard is that it ran 7.80s on your manifold and the third attempt at running your motors and is now switching to a different motor builder and setup (including manifold). I'm not sure if this is such a great example. I could be wrong though, and ask for your input.

Test away if you like. If they make power or if they don't doesn't matter much when there were never any claims in the first place. People bought them because they were on our cars setting records at the time.
Magnus Manifolds and JMF Manifolds have both been on cars that have been involved with setting records as well, does that mean that you're saying that those are great manifolds to run as well (considering your above arguement..)?

Thanks Master Buschur--we appreciate your insight.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

I would think that those cars would have set records no matter which of the above mentioned intake's were used,doesnt seem to be all that much in it. How much warmer was it when the DI and V2 were retested?

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Just a few examples of real world results. Yes we did flowbench testing, and I'm done giving away info. The v1 worked out of the box and so did the v2 in all configurations. We don't guess, we know what works.

1. Mike@ AWDMotorsports, 12/14/2008, AWD / Buschur, 2005 RS Evo 8 ,Buschur Racing 2.0L, Precision 6262 Turbo E-85, Wilson Manifolds V2, 5.801@122 / 8.981@156.08 60':1.404, 1.37 best Crispeed-Tuner, Cwilll-Driver
World's Quickest Street Evo

2. David Buschur, 9-13-08, Buschur Racing, 2004 EVO8 RS, BR2.0L GT35'ish, Wilson Manifolds V2, 5.886@???, 123.55 / 9.041@159.64 9.721@144.81 60':1.40 WORLD'S FASTEST DAILY DRIVEN EVO

3. OKIX, 10/13/2008, Buschur Racing, 2006 Evo IX, BR2.0L / Test Turbo, Wilson Manifolds V2, 5.883@124.41 / 9.20@157.63 , 157.90 mph, FP-RED 9.57@ 145.16 MPH - WORLD'S QUICKEST AND FASTEST STOCK APPEARING TURBO 60':1.41
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:03 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
How about copying and pasting the thread over here. I can't register as I don't have a valid "referrer" to read it.

dan l, your comments are hilarious..............not.

Yes, there has been dyno testing of the Wilson. Yes, Wilson changes the runner length, plenum volume and runner taper, actually.

My street car ran 9.04 at 159.6 on it, with a HTA35. Need more proof? Tom's car ran 9.2 on it's 2nd pass. Need more proof, Mike ran 8.98.

fast_freddie, NO intake I have tested performs better than the stock one under about 5500 rpm.
Dave, I have some valid comments. Runner length and plenum shape as well as volume need to be altered to maximize gains in the rpm ranges people need when building drag motors. Spending $1500 while being contained by the basic geometry of the stock intake is, to me, insaine. For a couple hundred you can get 90% of the gains by extrude honing a stock intake. Spending $1500 is just an exercise in turd polishing. Thats one of the worst bang for the buck purchases in the evo market. Not to mention that many companies are now offering custom cast pieces that don't give any thing up down low and kick the wilsons butt up top. They are doing all this and doing it for $500 less than you can.

Furthermore we all know your "street" RS is light. I'm convinced that is one of the reasons you don't want to cage it. You know that your not making the power to get a heavy car down the track and as such you can't afford the weight of the safety equipment.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor

The fact remains they set records with a Wilson Manifolds v2. They all could have bought something else, but the did not. With over 40 manifolds produced in less than one year, it's a nice feeling not to see them littering the for sale boards like many others, just a little food for thought.

If you think there is not much in it, design one, build it and come and join the party.

David has a better idea on the air temps. Over here when there is snow on the ground in Feb it's pretty cold thats when all the others were tested. From May on it's hotter than the hubs of hell... you get the idea.

The real problem with these threads are they turn into real turd flinging contests, with the community getting the bad end of the deal. All I can say is if you think someone elses intake manifold is better by all means go buy it. Post the results and see where you end up. In the end it's your choice.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

here is another new one on the market. Looks interesting, long cast runners with a larger plenum, wonder what it looks like inside..
http://plazmaman.com/shop/index.php?...tem&itemId=311

Last edited by JC evo1; Jan 29, 2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor

How does this thread have any thing to do with the Wilson manifold? It was not included in the test that was the reason for the thread.

If you want to prove that the Wilson manifold is a great option send one out to a vendor who is truly independent and have them test it. That is really the only way you can silence the doubters.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dan l
Dave, I have some valid comments. Runner length and plenum shape as well as volume need to be altered to maximize gains in the rpm ranges people need when building drag motors. Spending $1500 while being contained by the basic geometry of the stock intake is, to me, insaine. For a couple hundred you can get 90% of the gains by extrude honing a stock intake. Spending $1500 is just an exercise in turd polishing. Thats one of the worst bang for the buck purchases in the evo market. Not to mention that many companies are now offering custom cast pieces that don't give any thing up down low and kick the wilsons butt up top. They are doing all this and doing it for $500 less than you can.

Furthermore we all know your "street" RS is light. I'm convinced that is one of the reasons you don't want to cage it. You know that your not making the power to get a heavy car down the track and as such you can't afford the weight of the safety equipment.
dan l In two words...prove it. Like many internet warriors you have no facts to back up your claims. Show me a back to back test against the Wilson from any of the new cast intakes. Keep working on that post count because from what I see thats all you are doing.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:35 PM
Former Sponsor

dan l In two words...prove it. Like many internet warriors you have no facts to back up your claims. Show me a back to back test against the Wilson from any of the new cast intakes. Keep working on that post count because from what I see thats all you are doing.
I feel that Danl's comments are 100% spot on.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:41 PM
Former Sponsor

inneedof can you please post up the on track results of the intake manifolds you are talking about. I'm truly interested on how the other intakes are doing. It's all about making a better product and improving the breed. That way everyone benefits. Thank you.

I was not going to post in here as I knew it would turn ugly, but as I said before, you can buy what you want. Thats half the fun of this hobby, making your own combo work for you.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jan 29, 2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JC evo1
here is another new one on the market. Looks interesting, long cast runners with a larger plenum, wonder what it looks like inside..
http://plazmaman.com/shop/index.php?...tem&itemId=311

That it does, good find.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:50 PM
Former Sponsor

inneedof can you please post up the on track results of the intake manifolds you are talking about. I'm truly interested on how the other intakes are doing. It's all about making a better product and improving the breed. That way everyone benefits. Thank you.

I was not going to post in here as I knew it would turn ugly, but as I said before, you can buy what you want. Thats half the fun of this hobby, making your own combo work for you.

Track #'s take in to account alot of variables ( set up, driver, conditions) A true dyno test removes all other factors when done right.

Changing the subject only gets people so far.

But paying attention to your track record, when the going gets tough you quit and say your never logging back on to evom.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Then show me the dyno tests. From what I have seen you are all talk no action, people like you like to hang on the coat tails of others like Lucas, John Bradley, and Paul Nelson who I respect because they actually do something not just run their mouths. Grow up and do something on your own.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Please show us anything you have built yourself. I'm sure others would be interested where this wealth of info comes from.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Then show me the dyno tests. From what I have seen you are all talk no action, people like you like to hang on the coat tails of others like Lucas, John Bradley, and Paul Nelson who I respect because they actually do something not just run their mouths. Grow up and do something on your own.
This test was setup and done by me and on a car that i have put together https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...test-35hp.html

It just so happens that we posted it under Lucas account. I might work with them but by no means do i ride there coat tails.

What i have no respect for is someone like you who uses there background to sell parts that don't work to kids who don't know better.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:21 PM
Account Disabled

The fact remains they set records with a Wilson Manifolds v2. They all could have bought something else, but the did not. With over 40 manifolds produced in less than one year, it's a nice feeling not to see them littering the for sale boards like many others, just a little food for thought.

Records? In what class. Your involved with Pro Stock correct? How would you feel if a competitor was allowed to nix all the safety equipment and run 150lbs lighter than all other competitors all while claiming that its their motor program that provides the low ET's and high trap speeds.

If you want to talk records lets talk a car/engine program that not only races in a class (unlike ANY of your intake manifolds). It is so competitive in that class that it has weight added to it throughout the year even though it sports much less engine displacement and a smaller turbo than its competition.

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold Test