Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Stock 2 liter, pump gas+meth, Red

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is a picture scaled down.

Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
We don't need people with their noses up Buschurs butt. He does not get 90% of his business from this site.

I made sure the pictures were big enough for people to see the big screw job I got. Please tell me how the one syncro is clean and the others look like they do? If you can explain that, and there is a reasonable explination, I am wrong. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is common scense!!! If you say otherwise, you are just plain not playing with a full deck!
The pictures are just way to big for me to even comprehend whats going on, i think if you sized them down a notch it would be easier to look at all of the syncro's and compare them. My car does not have a single Buschur part on it and in no means am i trying to side with Buschur. I do respect the company though.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:13 PM

that ONE syncro is very shinny though
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hhhhmmmmmmmmmm. That's one very shiny synchro next to many not shiny synchro. Looks barely 4K miles old...

Last edited by Mitchubishievo; Apr 7, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
This is not a slam against ETS but no the 3" core is not big enough. A 3" core from anyone is not big enough. In most cases I prefer to not even sell our 3.5" core. The 4" core and 4.5" core we sell as our Race and BFIC cores are what I recommend in every case.

This particular car had AIT's starting at 42 degrees, air temp was very low today, this morning it was -5 degrees here. I had our dyno fan running on high like always and the AIT's still climbed to 80 degrees on a single gear pull.

This is a road race car, can you imagine what it would do on a road course in 80 degree weather.

It has nothing to do with who built the intercooler, it is simply not enough to provide sufficient cooling.

I can't get any more politically correct than that, so keep the thread clean.

Did you let him know you have them in-stock ! Up Sell Up Sell !!! JK

Great tune job with the water in his tank! !
Old Apr 7, 2009, 06:59 PM

I have been working on cars for 20 years. Went to school for over 5 years for automotive, machining, and welding. I take care of a fleet of trucks for my parents business and have rebuilt, fixed, repaired, and replaced hundreds of trannies ranging from monster diesel trannies to cycle trannies. I have built many many hybrid trannies for hondas for a number of different uses from drag to road cars.

I was personally at Franks shop when the tranny was pulled and tore down and instantly I seen only the 5th synchro was replaced. It is so obvious its stupid. The 1234 synchros in this tranny are dirty beyond belief. That doesn't happen in 4K miles. Even the honda teflon coated synchros that are a little darker in color new don't look anything like these synchros.

Evo rebuild kit vs franks "rebuilt" synchros

New synchros:

Franks "new" synchros:

I would be pretty upset if that was my car and my money too.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Nice way to steal a pick from JacksTransmissions without giving credit.

-E
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures and letting me show that we did actually go throught that entire transmission with our Stage 1 rebuild. You sir are very good for business, I regret to say that you now look like a fool though.

The picture of the hub that you posted is obvious to us that the transmission was taken apart and rebuilt. If you knew as much as you and your buddies think you do you could tell that the hub has been "polished". You cannot do that with the transmission assembled. The 3 hubs in our Stage 1 rebuilds are all "polished". As I said, if you knew what to look for you would be able to see it for yourself.

As for the sycnros. Here is a video we just made of the transmission out of our black car. It's very interesting that you chose to show 5th gear as the only gear with the shiney side up, it is NOT dirt on the other syncros, ALL of them are shiney on one side and a duller grey'ish finish on the other side. Brand new out of the bag they are the same way. Why is it you decided to only show the dark side of 1-2-3 double syncros compared to the shiney 5th side of the single syncronizer. What you posted is not only deceiving and dishonest, it is laughable to anyone who has ever seen inside of an EVO transmission.

You were a dick on the phone and were trying to basically black mail us out of free rebuild parts. That is why you were hung up on by Daniel. I do not bend for blackmail or terrorists and was not going to give you something for free because of a threat to post pictures on EVOm.

Here is our video for everyone to see. We did a video so there is no confusion on time frames and what was cleaned or not cleaned.

If need be we can take brand new syncros out of unopened bags and post a video of that too showing that they are different colors on both sides. I don't feel that will be needed now though.

Now all you guys that are swining on this liars nuts can line up to apologize. I will accept your apologies as gracefully as possible.

As I said, in 20 years we have not ripped anyone off and we aren't going to start now.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

You guys will also notice that in the picture posted of the new rebuild kit in post #81 that the pictures of the double syncros are also shiney side up. One side is shiney when new, old, used or junk and the other side is dull and grey'ish, new, old, used or junk.

I'll be waiting for those apologies now, if is more comfortable for you guys, you can just send them to me via PM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Damn Dave, people always getting up your *** about something. The trouble with being on top is someone always tries to knock you off. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Also with this Red performing so well, would you say that it replaces the 30R entirely?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, I'd say the Red replaces the 30r in just about every instance.

It is tough being honest. You have guys like extremedsm who are obviously not only dishonest but will go to great measure to try to get something for free. It wasn't enough we offered to look at the transmission for free and stand behind it if it was something we did. So he posted bogus pictures showing only one side of the syncros and then had every one he knew in Wisconsin jump in and claim they are transmission experts too. It reminds me of the OJ trial only this time the honest guys (Buschur Racing) won.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:08 AM

Ahhh yes and this is why i respect Buschur, Backing up his facts with solid proof.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
sycros replaced or not, why the premature failure only after some highway miles.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:52 AM
hlm
Evolving Member

I dont care to say anything. if anyone has a problem with something they should deal with it themselves. and in the end result if they screwed him over then I would caution people of the matter!! or if not appologize.

either way pay that much u should get more than 4k miles out of it.

just my $0.02
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Wow....

You're buddy posts blatant lies and you don't see a problem with that.

Get real. 4k mile failures happen when you run a car with double the stock horsepower hard. Buschur agreed to look at the tranny and take care of anything that was their fault. That is all anyone can do.

In the mean time, if you do happen to find a shop that will build me a tranny and WILL replace it for free if it breaks from racing let me know.

Everyone agrees with the old saying "You gotta pay to play" until it comes time for them to pay.

Quick Reply: Stock 2 liter, pump gas+meth, Red