Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Stock 2 liter, pump gas+meth, Red

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
^ He didn’t even get to play! Car has not seen track since the build. The snow finally just melted.

I'm not bashing anyone, just curious to the cause of the premature failure.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which we probably would have known if your buddy would have shipped the damn thing to Buschur to have him check out. But now that your buddy decided to take matters into his own hands, its all speculation at this point...

Originally Posted by EVOizmm
^ He didn’t even get to play! Car has not seen track since the build. The snow finally just melted.

I'm not bashing anyone, just curious to the cause of the premature failure.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The car has 4,000 miles on the trans rebuild. That is not "premature" failure. He admitted to "beating the crap out of the car" when he called and said 2nd gear would no longer shift. That is why he said he wasn't sending it back here, he felt the failure was from "beating the crap out of the car" and not something on our end.

You can look at the 2nd gear components he posted pictures of and see that the teeth are broken and extremely worn. It's fairly easy to see this transmission has not seen an easy life. Powershifting and poorly timed geared changes causing miss shifts would be my guess.

Look around EVOm, we do a LOT of transmissions, as yourself how many of those guys you have ever seen complain about anything. Then consider one guy who admitted to "beating the crap out of his car" when it would no longer go into 2nd gear, then calls here and threatens to post pictures of us screwing him if we didn't give him free parts to rebuild the trans and then took pictures to try to fool most of you into thinking he had used "dirty" parts in his trans. Give me a break here, if you can't see the truth let me send you a dollar to go buy some common sense with. haha
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:27 AM
hlm
Evolving Member

thats y i was saying they should deal with it on there own until it was figured out completely. I wasnt sideing with anyone..

I own a reapair / tuner shop so i know how it is dealing with customers. And I know there is only so much one can do for them..

Last edited by hlm; Apr 8, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 2highpsi
Wow....

You're buddy posts blatant lies and you don't see a problem with that.

Get real. 4k mile failures happen when you run a car with double the stock horsepower hard. Buschur agreed to look at the tranny and take care of anything that was their fault. That is all anyone can do.

In the mean time, if you do happen to find a shop that will build me a tranny and WILL replace it for free if it breaks from racing let me know.

Everyone agrees with the old saying "You gotta pay to play" until it comes time for them to pay.
RIGHT ON BROTHER SPEAK THE GOOD WORD ! ! !
If somebody did a bad job on my car that last thing I would do is blackmail them for other parts that didn't have to with the problem they worked on.

Think about that

Buschur tell's people how it is straight up with out the sugar and some people may not be able to handle it, but I would bet everything I own you don't get to were he is by lying, cheating and stealing.....

Keep up the great work ! ! !Just my thoughts
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

My car was built by Buschur and is to fast....David, if you don't make it slower, I'll black male you by posting 9 second time slips on EvoM!!!

Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SloRice
My car was built by Buschur and is to fast....David, if you don't make it slower, I'll black male you by posting 9 second time slips on EvoM!!!

Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SloRice

I thought you paid for 8second car, you should get a refund ! ! !
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
You can look at the 2nd gear components he posted pictures of and see that the teeth are broken and extremely worn. It's fairly easy to see this transmission has not seen an easy life. Powershifting and poorly timed geared changes causing miss shifts would be my guess.
Kinda funny how every other shop would call the person that owns this transmission and tell them that 2nd gear has seen better days. And I quote "It's fairly easy to see this transmission has not seen an easy life." Real brilliant!!!

I only put 4k miles on that trans, over 3k was driving to Florida and back. 550 was driving to Buschur Racing and back to have it tuned. All the other miles were driving around town and I pretty much beat on the car one night and it broke. I beat the hell out of that car with the stock transmission for probably 1000 TRACK miles. Great to know what I got for my money. I guess I should have went and bought a stock trans, it would have held up longer than the buschwacker trans.

I will be going back out in the shop and looking at the other sides of the syncros.

Last edited by ExtremeDSM; Apr 8, 2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, do that, go back out and look at the other side. We are all still waiting for that apology..........tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
Kinda funny how every other shop would call the person that owns this transmission and tell them that 2nd gear has seen better days. And I quote "It's fairly easy to see this transmission has not seen an easy life." Real brilliant!!!

I only put 4k miles on that trans, over 3k was driving to Florida and back. 550 was driving to Buschur Racing and back to have it tuned. All the other miles were driving around town and I pretty much beat on the car one night and it broke. I beat the hell out of that car with the stock transmission for probably 1000 TRACK miles. Great to know what I got for my money. I guess I should have went and bought a stock trans, it would have held up longer than the buschwacker trans.

I will be going back out in the shop and looking at the other sides of the syncros.
And I am waiting for a reply to this.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM

And I am waiting for a reply to this.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure what kind of response you want to what you wrote. There are only statements in there, no questions.

The 2nd gear was not torn up when it was here, if it had been Dan would have called you and let you know that it needed more than just a Stage 1 rebuild. Why it lasted 4,000 miles is a good question. Why others have lasted 50,000+ miles is a good counter statement on our part. Why my RS has run 2 years and run 9.0's is a good counter statement. I don't drive my own car because I am half retarded behind the wheel, I put good drivers in the car that don't miss gears. Maybe you should find a new driver for you car. Driving Ms. Daisy comes to mind, maybe a nice elderly man to take you back and forth on your Florida trips?

I know that we build hundreds of EVO's a year and not one single guy who has ever modified one has ever run the car hard, shifted it hard, launched it or taken it to the track...........it's amazing how much money people dump in their cars but never run them hard. It baffles my mind that no abuse ever takes place, nobody ever misses a gear. Hell I must be odd, I know I modify every car I own and then I proceed with getting my money's worth out of beating the living crap out of them. In your case, you modified an EVO to just drive it easy, in 4,000 miles you only got on it hard one time. Wow, that is some amazing self control. Why not just leave the car stock if you didn't want to feel the extra power? Liars, I truly HATE them.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

You must not be playing with a full deck. Because everyone goes down the highway ramming gears. 4k miles. Would you like pictures of the evo on the beach in Florida? You know I live in Wisconsin and I did not ship the car there or trailer it.

I have done many dsm trannys and pounded the **** out of them. They last way more than 4k miles.

Why did my stock trans hold up to 15k miles of pure **** pounding and just start to grind into 5th gear. 4k miles and I have a boat anchor.

5th gear syncro is shinny on both sides and all the others are shinny on one and dull on the other.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

nice numbers with the red btw

Quick Reply: Stock 2 liter, pump gas+meth, Red