Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Stock 2 liter, pump gas+meth, Red

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deleted

Last edited by Nasty Evolution; Apr 13, 2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Actually, Dan asked me when I was discussing this last week not to go into details on the polishing, there is no material removed though, it is simply "cleaned" to make the engagement smoother, so the theory you have does not apply.
Stage 1 includes: 1,2,3,4,5 and reverse syncros and upgraded pins, re-shimmed, two new bearings and cleaned. The hubs are also polished
Originally Posted by Nasty Evolution
So which story is it exactly? Cleaned up, well this has got to be the absolute cleanest syncro hub on the planet then.
Since you don't seem to support this theory, what is yours? How can can you explain sloppy syncro hub splines? With only 4k miles after a rebuild and inspection?

Last edited by Nasty Evolution; Apr 13, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
bwahahaha! This makes me even more excited to get my RED
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll be honest, I do not feel I need to give anymore input on the matter of the transmission. IF we had it shipped back here we could have found the problem, that offer was refused. Then the owner posted we ripped him off, which we proved we did not. Now you guys want tech help on why it did fail. I've already covered that, we will never know because we did not get to take it apart and look at it. Now you guys are guessing.

The left foot controls the clutch and the right arm controls the shifter, the two must work together to keep the trans in good shape. From the looks of the 2nd gear syncro and gear those two body parts were not communicating well with each other.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Reguardless none of that mentioned has anything to do with why the hub splines are so evenly worn, cleaned, polished, etc. No driving method, proper or inproper would wear out the splines on the hub in way they are. Normal wear on these hubs shows notches or grooves on the main contact areas in the range of travel that the sleeve moves along. When I say normal, I mean an EVO that has years of street and track use, 10s of thousands of miles of abuse and use. The hub in this tranny looks nothing like that, no wear marks at all, which to me sure looks like it was hardly making any contact at all, which explain why the sleeve wiggles around on the hub, which explains how the sleeve was able to twist a tad sideways and jam into the spring and an uneven portion of the syncro and gear.

Just for the record at no point did I ask for tech tips I mearly asked your opinion, since you flat out told me I'm incorrect. Thought maybe you would care to share your thoughts that you are so firmly persistant the problem has nothing to do with something I pointed out. It would seem as though you are the one who is "guessing". I had the parts in my hands, guessing was not exactly needed.

My beef is not with your or your dealings with Frank but that you simply deny any part of the problem could be from your end of the rebuild. One minute it's a polished part, then I point out the fault and you change the story to it's now a cleaned part. That's a bit of a dodge ball game IMO. I understand you're chapped that you got called out wrongly for the syncros but man up to a real issue when it's pointed out. I'm not here asking for parts or this and that. It's clear as day though that the hub had more than just a light cleaning done to it.
Please don't take any of this as hostle or or flaming. I'm not even here for that. Even though I know Frank personally I am not biased towards anyone. I pointed out to him that the syncros were in fact normal as I said on here also. I'm also pointing out that the hub was not normal.

Last edited by Nasty Evolution; Apr 14, 2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for not having a aftermarket FMIC, witch im sure that was really restricting him and that crappy gas and on a MUSTANG dyno that is AWESOME numbers.. he should be low-mid 11's all day
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Nasty Evolution, you guys didnt happen to take and pics of the rebuild did ya?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

lol, funny stuff
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:44 PM
Account Disabled

amazing number for the set up u have