Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

HTA88 658hp 525tq stock ecu, e85

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good #'s.

Take it to the track and compare it with Mellons times
Old Mar 1, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
How streetable is this car? Is it a daily driver?
yeap, drive it everyday when its not being upgraded for more part, lol
Old Mar 1, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpoolnupTuning
the gm maf is there to prevent failure All the tuning was using stock ecu and the translator was not use at all for tuning this set-up. Im sure theirs alot of guys on here that can tell you what happens when to much boost is run on a stock maf! Also i think tim likes his hta88 just the way it is! The gm maf does not help the power any, its a restriction just like the stock maf!
Don't give me a thumbs down buddy.. What failure exactly is the GM maf there to prevent? If you are referring to the sucking of the honeycomb in the maf.. you are completely wrong.. That is why you take out the honeycomb in the stock maf (when epoxying it becomes "unsafe" at higher boost and power levels).. Run low 10's at 135 on a stock ecu car with stock maf and then come on here and talk sh*t! All you are is a keyboard warrior that can't even prove that the GM maf is needed vs the stock maf with no honeycomb.. That is fine that you have good luck with them.. but I don't see the GM maf being any less of a restriction then the stock maf.. The GM MAF is actually 3" .. have you measured a stock MAF? Apparently if mellon is running low 10's with about the same power as the buschur build 550awhp pump gas cars on the buschur stingy dyno, the stock maf is NOT a restriction.. All you want to do is fight.. You have your panties in a bunch! At this kind of horsepower on this car, it SHOULD run high 9's with a good driver .. or very low 10's with high 130 traps.. We will see exactly what it runs .. Plus it has a bigger turbo then mellon's car. and I don't care if you think Jester is the king of stock ecu's .. Does he have any cars that have run 10.4 at 135 on pump gas on the stock ecu? I would love to see it! Then I will shut my mouth... until mellon runs 9's this year on race gas Good day sir!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO
Don't give me a thumbs down buddy.. What failure exactly is the GM maf there to prevent? If you are referring to the sucking of the honeycomb in the maf.. you are completely wrong.. That is why you take out the honeycomb in the stock maf (when epoxying it becomes "unsafe" at higher boost and power levels).. Run low 10's at 135 on a stock ecu car with stock maf and then come on here and talk sh*t! All you are is a keyboard warrior that can't even prove that the GM maf is needed vs the stock maf with no honeycomb.. That is fine that you have good luck with them.. but I don't see the GM maf being any less of a restriction then the stock maf.. The GM MAF is actually 3" .. have you measured a stock MAF? Apparently if mellon is running low 10's with about the same power as the buschur build 550awhp pump gas cars on the buschur stingy dyno, the stock maf is NOT a restriction.. All you want to do is fight.. You have your panties in a bunch! At this kind of horsepower on this car, it SHOULD run high 9's with a good driver .. or very low 10's with high 130 traps.. We will see exactly what it runs .. Plus it has a bigger turbo then mellon's car. and I don't care if you think Jester is the king of stock ecu's .. Does he have any cars that have run 10.4 at 135 on pump gas on the stock ecu? I would love to see it! Then I will shut my mouth... until mellon runs 9's this year on race gas Good day sir!
lol i think you need to stop talking out of your *** and gets your turbos in order, Mellons turbo is hta86 with 82 housing my turbo is hta88 (37r) with only 63 back housing. so tell me again is my turbo bigger and makes more power then his???
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

I dont feel i need to argue my point with you at all. You can go around and bash everyone, but it will not get you anywhere! We are simply making a fast evo on safer grounds and you guys get all pissey about it. As a matter of fact we are not removing the honeycomb out of the gm mafs so that is still a restriction on our part were mellon doesnt have any. In then theres the size differential, the gm maf does get down to close 3.25 in the center (we are using a gm 3.5 maf) and the stock gets down to 2.85. I actually have both in my hands right now comparing them. But you are not worth the pics because in the end you will still argue the fact!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

as a matter of fact, mellon is not the fastest nor the quickest stock ecu/ stock maf evo! https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...ecu-fpred.html
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
lol i think you need to stop talking out of your *** and gets your turbos in order, Mellons turbo is hta86 with 82 housing my turbo is hta88 (37r) with only 63 back housing. so tell me again is my turbo bigger and makes more power then his???
Just because you have a .63 AR housing on the turbo, does not mean that your 37r is not bigger than Mellon's 35r ..The HTA88 is bigger than HTA86.. Period.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpoolnupTuning
I dont feel i need to argue my point with you at all. You can go around and bash everyone, but it will not get you anywhere! We are simply making a fast evo on safer grounds and you guys get all pissey about it. As a matter of fact we are not removing the honeycomb out of the gm mafs so that is still a restriction on our part were mellon doesnt have any. In then theres the size differential, the gm maf does get down to close 3.25 in the center (we are using a gm 3.5 maf) and the stock gets down to 2.85. I actually have both in my hands right now comparing them. But you are not worth the pics because in the end you will still argue the fact!
It seems pointless to me to run a 3.5" maf in the uicp.. especially if you keep the honeycomb in.. but obviously it makes the power.. doesn't mean that you couldn't make the same power with a gm 3" maf or stock maf though.. I'm done arguing though. Back on Topic!

And that is amazing times with the Red on stock ecu.. There isn't much information in that thread about what he is using for the stock ecu though.. Mellon's car is the fastest in the country.. I'm sure after this season, it will be the fastest stock ecu/stock mas in the world though, hopefully. Cheers1
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Just because you have a .63 AR housing on the turbo, does not mean that your 37r is not bigger than Mellon's 35r ..The HTA88 is bigger than HTA86.. Period.
lol again, they flow about the same lb/min but if you know anything you would understand the the 82 housing will always make more power then 63 ask mellon him self.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

It seems pointless to me to run a 3.5" maf in the uicp.. especially if you keep the honeycomb in.. but obviously it makes the power.. doesn't mean that you couldn't make the same power with a gm 3" maf or stock maf though.. I'm done arguing though. Back on Topic!

And that is amazing times with the Red on stock ecu.. There isn't much information in that thread about what he is using for the stock ecu though.. Mellon's car is the fastest in the country.. I'm sure after this season, it will be the fastest stock ecu/stock mas in the world though, hopefully. Cheers1
we all know you love mellon, just look at your sig lol. now again mellon is not the fastest, look at the third pic down open you eyes its a ****ing stock maf on it too..
Old Mar 5, 2009, 01:35 PM

This car is fast!

I know i've been in it, Great job Kasey!