Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

400whp/350wtq DG Motors Tuned.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what cams is this car running?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FQ4OO
what cams is this car running?
Cosworth m2's
Old Apr 2, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

your trying to tell me that , this car makes 515whp plus on a dynojet??!?! and only 400wheel on your dyno with only 350 trq.

i dont belive that one bit, theres no way your loosing 115+ whp on your dyno, no way.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 03:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EvoDom
your trying to tell me that , this car makes 515whp plus on a dynojet??!?! and only 400wheel on your dyno with only 350 trq.

i dont belive that one bit, theres no way your loosing 115+ whp on your dyno, no way.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-round-xx.html

Please click on the above link and watch the two comparing videos. I would not lie about how my dyno reads

For future reference, if anyone comes into this thread, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BETWEEN THE DYNO COMPARISON!!!

I want to avoid all this confusion thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

power seems a tad low for that setup on a DD, nice curve though, congrats. Did you try tuning for a few psi more? I would like to see what it would make at 28-30 psi.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

we did a test at the shop a car came from a dyno dynamics and made 435whp, put it on precisions dyno and it read identical, thats the only reason i said that,

and i read that link, theres just no way your loosing 115+ whp on your dyno id be curious to see this car on precisions dyno. Realy would

everyone tells me precisions dyno reads higher but i went on a mustang that supossivly took away 40wheel and my car only read 2hp lower on a mustang from precisions dyno jet just to prove that there dyno doesnt read high.

and a car from a dynodynmaics came in and it did the same on precisions dynojet.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JC evo1
power seems a tad low for that setup on a DD, nice curve though, congrats. Did you try tuning for a few psi more? I would like to see what it would make at 28-30 psi.
I stated on the opening post that the customer was happy where it sat on pump gas. He will be coming back for a full blown race gas tune 35+ psi. I will have updates as soon as he comes back. He wants to get used to car on this power level first.

To be honest, this is right inline with what the car should be making on a dynojet(500whp) if that is what "you" would like to use as a power reference. The car pulls hard and strong.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor

we did a test at the shop a car came from a dyno dynamics and made 435whp, put it on precisions dyno and it read identical, thats the only reason i said that,

and i read that link, theres just no way your loosing 115+ whp on your dyno id be curious to see this car on precisions dyno. Realy would

everyone tells me precisions dyno reads higher but i went on a mustang that supossivly took away 40wheel and my car only read 2hp lower on a mustang from precisions dyno jet just to prove that there dyno doesnt read high.

and a car from a dynodynmaics came in and it did the same on precisions dynojet.
Well we use Tri-State Auto(TSA's) dyno in Queens, for reference here. At this power level, there is a 100whp difference. I would never state something that hasn't been tested somewhere else with the data to back it up. I am not familiar with precisions dynojet.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
I stated on the opening post that the customer was happy where it sat on pump gas. He will be coming back for a full blown race gas tune 35+ psi. I will have updates as soon as he comes back. He wants to get used to car on this power level first.

To be honest, this is right inline with what the car should be making on a dynojet(500whp) if that is what "you" would like to use as a power reference. The car pulls hard and strong.
thats fine, i was just asking as its not unusual to try a higher boost level then back it down to a level where the customer/tuner is happy. I never said anything about dynojet power, i said DD as thats what we use in Australia mostly and thats what im familar with.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Yes this would be accurate if the DD was using a higher cf. Some people want to see "dynojet" like numbers and they dyno on 1.2... However, if the car is ran at 1.0 i am positive that all DDs will read exactly the same...

here's my friend's EVO IX dynograph on a Dyno Dynamics at 1.0 bone stock Vs. tuned plus drop-in filter, cat delete, boost pill and tune

These numbers are backed up by a 12.5@108 pass full weight, stock clutch and with less than 1000 miles on the clock...(see below right lane #1005)

Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
Here is the Air/Fuel chart:

Note
- graph traces back from 7,000rpm because I ended the run early.
looks nice. Get your customer to go to a dynojet and do a couple pulls, end all this confusion.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8luva
looks nice. Get your customer to go to a dynojet and do a couple pulls, end all this confusion.
they did that back to back with another car. Check the other post for Dyno Dynamics Vs. Dynojet... Same car, same gas, same day, same tune, same boost, same everything!

DD 392awhp --> DJ 500awhp...
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kouzman
they did that back to back with another car. Check the other post for Dyno Dynamics Vs. Dynojet... Same car, same gas, same day, same tune, same boost, same everything!

DD 392awhp --> DJ 500awhp...
Thanks kouzman for paying attention and reading this thread thoroughly. The proof was in 4kinboost's dyno comparison to end the drama of how my dyno reads.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JC evo1
thats fine, i was just asking as its not unusual to try a higher boost level then back it down to a level where the customer/tuner is happy. I never said anything about dynojet power, i said DD as thats what we use in Australia mostly and thats what im familar with.
No, and I would have liked to crank the boost up to 30psi on pump but the customer felt comfortable where it was. I won't go above any customer's wishes to try and make more power and then back it down again unless he/she wants to.

You have to come from my perspective, I have someone's expensive car and expensive build in my hands, god forbid a heater hose or a head gasket goes while I am "trying a higher boost level" and going against someone's wishes.

I am not disagreeing with you, and I had a good estimate of what the car would have made with 5 more psi. I will be patient and wait for him to come back with the race gas tune and then we will crank it 10+ more psi on his word.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kouzman
Yes this would be accurate if the DD was using a higher cf. Some people want to see "dynojet" like numbers and they dyno on 1.2... However, if the car is ran at 1.0 i am positive that all DDs will read exactly the same...

here's my friend's EVO IX dynograph on a Dyno Dynamics at 1.0 bone stock Vs. tuned plus drop-in filter, cat delete, boost pill and tune

These numbers are backed up by a 12.5@108 pass full weight, stock clutch and with less than 1000 miles on the clock...(see below right lane #1005)

Thanks for adding some more data! Good Stuff.

Quick Reply: 400whp/350wtq DG Motors Tuned.