Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Another Tune LOOK!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009 | 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Another Tune LOOK!

Well some of you no me here, but to others here it is. I wanted to share with you guys my 6th re-tune lol

Overall im extremely happy with the outcome of the car and my tune/good friend Cleo at Precision Tuning in Lakewood, NJ, always makes me leave with a huge smile on my face.

To make an extremely long story quick, my car ran out of fuel on my old tune (meaning i maxed out my injectors, fuel rail, and fuel pump) So i went with an Aeromotive fuel rail, Precision 1000cc injectors, and and Warlboro 255 pump. And i switched out a tubular Megan manifold to a Ported Stock exhaust manifold and WOW!!

On my old tune i made 357awhp / 302trq @ 20 psi spike (yes Megan manifolds are garbage!, look at my old trq!) and only 20psi because the Megan was ported so much my fuel couldnt keep up.

so anywho, here are my mods now

-DC sports 3" downpipe with cat delete
-HKS catback (gutted muffler, no resonators)
-AMS 3.5" FMIC
-AGP 2.5" LICP
-TurboTrix custom 2.5" UICP
-EvoPowerMods external dump o2 hosing
-Ported DogBox exhaust manifold
-Lightly ported turbo hotside (stock IX turbo)
-FP high pressure wastegate actuator
-Turbo XS MBC
-Spectre cone filter
-Tial BOV
-Aeromotive high flow fuel rail
-Warlboro 255 fuel pump
-Precision 1000cc injectors
-ACT street disc
-stock block, cams, valvetrain, head

that looks about it.

but new numbers are now tuned on your standard 93 octane.

381awhp / 375trq @ 28psi.......YES I GAINED 75 foot lbs of tourqe by changing the manifold and adding the needed fuel!

boost spiking 28psi and reaching full boost by roughly 3500rpms, slowly tappering to about 23psi by 7200-7300rpms. We tried revving it to 8k to get more out of her, but since im on stock cams my power was dropping off by about 7200rpms.

I want to thank Rich Ellis (owner of precision) for taking the time to help me with the manifold and the broken stud in the turbo (if you guys only knew haha) THANKS RICH

i post the graphs later when i get home about 10 or so.

LMK what you think im open to Opinions

Precision Tuning sponsered Evo IX

Last edited by EvoDom; Apr 3, 2009 at 06:18 AM.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

To be honest with you, your power gains sound like to be more attributed to increase of psi levels not any certain part you added other than the supporting fuel upgrades to run 28 psi.

Your first tune you made 357 on 20psi and 8 psi and some fuel upgrades later you made a increase of 24whp but your tq levels increased nicely. I am assuming your on the stock clutch and flywheel which is why your tq was low compared to your hp numbers. However, I am very surprised that you made 73tq with just fuel upgrades. Id figure these numbers would be your whp increase not your tq.

Interesting thread though.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 06:00 AM

kind of dyno before and after?

the 24 hp is boost attributed IMO. we need to see dyno curves numbers are not everything.

glade that you got a retune though car must feel good.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo+supra
To be honest with you, your power gains sound like to be more attributed to increase of psi levels not any certain part you added other than the supporting fuel upgrades to run 28 psi.

Your first tune you made 357 on 20psi and 8 psi and some fuel upgrades later you made a increase of 24whp but your tq levels increased nicely. I am assuming your on the stock clutch and flywheel which is why your tq was low compared to your hp numbers. However, I am very surprised that you made 73tq with just fuel upgrades. Id figure these numbers would be your whp increase not your tq.

i edited the post for you bud, im on an ACT street disc, when i took the manifold off there was for sure 2 cracks on the underside of the manifold, causing exhaust gases to escape and and huge exhaust leak. So im guessing my old numbers were low because i didnt catch the crack in the manifold on my previous tune.

i added the more fuel, so the car wasnt struggling at all to make power, and with 0-1 counts of knock all the way to redline it runs awsome.

im going to assume the manifold was the culprate since it was heavily ported, i did gain 8hp up top comparing my old tune to about 3 tunes ago but lost about 40ft lbs of trq going to a megan from a bone stock manifold.

now i went with a ported stocker, and gained my tourqe back and then some since its not cracked and ported and the car has enough fuel to make power.

and yes jumping up 8 psi is prolly the reason for my hp jump but the fuel and the manifold deffinetly played a major roll in getting me to where the car isnt strugeling to make power.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rolly1818
kind of dyno before and after?

the 24 hp is boost attributed IMO. we need to see dyno curves numbers are not everything.

glade that you got a retune though car must feel good.
thanks brotha, like i stated above, the boost could be the reason for the hp jump but before my tune i was maxed out with fuel, so i couldnt squeeze anymore power out of her, and having the manifold cracked on my previous tune is the reason my tourqe was so low because it robbed my low end power, but gave me 8hp in the upper RPM's.

and yes trust me the car feels awsome lol, a completly different animal.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

I remember reading your previous thread. Good stuff man.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

thank you^^^ so you remebr me talking about how the megan manifold took away about 40 ft lbs of tourqe?!?!

at least i got one in hear hahaha

but heres my tunes

313/305
333/329
349/339----------stock manifold
357/302----------------------------------cracked megan manifold
381/375--------------------------------------------------------------------injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump,
ported stock exhaust manifold
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoDom
i edited the post for you bud, im on an ACT street disc, when i took the manifold off there was for sure 2 cracks on the underside of the manifold, causing exhaust gases to escape and and huge exhaust leak. So im guessing my old numbers were low because i didnt catch the crack in the manifold on my previous tune.

i added the more fuel, so the car wasnt struggling at all to make power, and with 0-1 counts of knock all the way to redline it runs awsome.

im going to assume the manifold was the culprate since it was heavily ported, i did gain 8hp up top comparing my old tune to about 3 tunes ago but lost about 40ft lbs of trq going to a megan from a bone stock manifold.

now i went with a ported stocker, and gained my tourqe back and then some since its not cracked and ported and the car has enough fuel to make power.

and yes jumping up 8 psi is prolly the reason for my hp jump but the fuel and the manifold deffinetly played a major roll in getting me to where the car isnt strugeling to make power.
Ok interesting. So since the megan and the new ported stocker you also added the act clutch as well. Then that makes perfect sense. Im glad you go everything fixed and up to par. Great numbers nonetheless!
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 09:46 AM

what kind of dyno and correction?

enjoy it bro after my tune i made some good numbers as well.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rolly1818
what kind of dyno and correction?

enjoy it bro after my tune i made some good numbers as well.
dynojet.....uncorrected and smoothing at 3.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Ok interesting. So since the megan and the new ported stocker you also added the act clutch as well. Then that makes perfect sense. Im glad you go everything fixed and up to par. Great numbers nonetheless!
thanks alot man deffinetly feels nasty.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

+1 The upgraded injectors, fuel rail and pump only allow for more hp up top, not tq @ peak. If you go from 20 psi to 28, of course your tq is gonna go way up. Thats 8psi difference... from what I have read, you get ~ 5-10 TQ per psi...

I go from 325-330 tq @ 24 psi, but if I run 26, I get ~ 345-350 tq. It doesnt affect HP as much as TQ. @ 24 psi, Im @ 350 hp, but @ 26 psi, I only get ~ 10 more hp, but I atribute that to needing injectors myself.

Anyhow, Im sure the car feels like a beast. What afr are you running w/ 28psi? You might wanna consider head studs @ 28 psi...

Last edited by nonschlont; Apr 3, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nonschlont
+1 The upgraded injectors, fuel rail and pump only allow for more hp up top, not tq @ peak. If you go from 20 psi to 28, of course your tq is gonna go way up. Thats 8psi difference... from what I have read, you get ~ 5-10 TQ per psi...

I go from 325-330 tq @ 24 psi, but if I run 26, I get ~ 345-350 tq. It doesnt affect HP as much as TQ. @ 24 psi, Im @ 350 hp, but @ 26 psi, I only get ~ 10 more hp, but I atribute that to needing injectors myself.

Anyhow, Im sure the car feels like a beast. What afr are you running w/ 28psi? You might wanna consider head studs @ 28 psi...
AFR's are at 11.5-11.7 all the way to redline.

yes ive considered it lol
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

please post up the graphs as I am very curious how it did.
Old Apr 3, 2009 | 03:50 PM

i made 315whp and 322 wTQ on a dynojet (SAE corrected) - 24psi to 19psi

so your numbers are nice!!!

Quick Reply: Another Tune LOOK!