Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Anyone Get tuned by church auto

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Get tuned by church auto

I was wondering if anyone has gotten turned by church automotive in Wilmington Ca. I was curious to see if anyone has gotten any really good results from his tuning. Its been a while since i have retunr my car like few years.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:52 PM

Cant speak for evo's. But have heard great Reviews about them on the MINI forums, and heard of their great tuning on other cars.

Jack
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

same here. I just want to me sure of who i let tune my car. I have had less than good results with a well know tuner that in my opinion wasnt worth the $$$ i spent for him to tune it.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Shawn Church is extremely capable and one of the most honest individuals in the industry. You'll be in good hands!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 04:58 PM

i sold an aem ems to a guy on another forum and he took it to get tuned there. he was very happy. i for got what his numbers were, but he had an fpgreen with supporting mods.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:14 AM

Now this is where I would want to my EVO tuned. I wish I lived on the other side on the country because I don't think I could make the trip to get my EVO tuned by them.
I have heard really good reviews on this shop.

Vehicle Wrap

Last edited by slow5.0.; Dec 14, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by mnbvcxz
i sold an aem ems to a guy on another forum and he took it to get tuned there. he was very happy. i for got what his numbers were, but he had an fpgreen with supporting mods.
That would be me... Had a 91/e85 tune (Their first e85 tune which they were very impressed as they did not expect nearly as much as I did). Sean is a very honest guy and easy to talk to. He always provides his input as well as provide attention to your opinions. ended up with 360/343 on 91... and 416/418 on e85.

And FYI they started tuning the X recently as well... Both Sean and Daniel (the black dude) have an 08 X... I cant even imagine how much time they spend tuning after hours lol.

Last edited by heingtaing; Apr 30, 2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Guru
Shawn Church is extremely capable and one of the most honest individuals in the industry. You'll be in good hands!

Can't speak from experience but I've heard only good things about Church
Old May 1, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

i saw shawn bought a x and said he was tuning it up. I havent had my car tuned in like 3 years so i know now there has to be more room in my car with whats out there now.
Old May 18, 2009, 06:50 PM

I personally havnt been tuned by church, but i have a friend who has and i was there on a dyno day. I wasnt in an EVO though (in the market , deciding on new EVO or new STI)
I was in my Nissan Titan truck. I will say that its well known that church has a "happy dyno" as other tuners say. if your making around 300-310 hp to the wheels it will show up on his dyno as 340-350hp. By the way this was his HUB dyno, not sure if they use this on AWD. they tunned my buddys truck and really screwed it up. Took another tuner to undo all the changes he made. Calculated load and all the crap was super high the wrong direction.
I dont want to judge just off this because there really cool guys.... and they were new to the nissan software they are now using.
But just a heads up that their dyno reads a bit on the high side. Customers are happy though
Old May 23, 2009, 02:25 AM

hey guys... i've been getting my cars tuned by him since day one *wrx* and recently had my evo 9 tuned there....

IMO, awesome guy, knows what hes doing!! his prices are fair, and isn't like any other tuners where they will try to give you as much hp to show off instead of making it safe. and shawn does just that!

he STARTED with hondas, but now the market has grown and so has his expertise in this field. he knows how to tune almost most cars out there now!

def. recommend him atleast from me =D