Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

The SHOP built 2.0, 6262, Junior Tuned 25psi 93oct

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poloiceberg
John nice numbers, hit me up for island
I think very soon you will have to change your signature.....

....to 10 seconds...

Hahaha
Old May 1, 2009, 07:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JC evo1
nice! what correction factor is this?
+1

The power is great for 25psi. We would see roughly 450whp with this setup on a 1.0 correction factor on our dyno dynamics. We only use 1.0 correction so If I had to take a guess, 1.1-1.2 seems about right for this power/setup on The Shop's dyno dynamics.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JC evo1
nice! what correction factor is this?
1.2 c/f
Old May 1, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

thankyou. nice power!
Old May 1, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kouzman
I am thinking of doing the Magnus Cast too at some point. What's Junior's opinion on the manifold?
I know that he tuned a 6262 car with the cast manifold recently...

k2boarder3187:
I agree with you. The car has more power in it even on pump. But for everyday, do you really need more? I could assume that you could even go as high as 30psi on straight pump at the track and i think it could pass 600awhp! Again Junior can give us more insight!
Kouz,

Car has another easy 40whp on 93. I have every thing pretty conservative as he is still running the motor in. Its still a high 120mph car at this power level.

The Magnus Intake is a great Intake. All the cars I have tuned with it make not only more power up top, but make a better mid range as well.. Which gives that awesome power band for every day driving. It really helps in making easy and reliable power. 27-28psi will get you a 128-130mph car on most hta/62setups with the intake... That is on just 93.... Not much stands a chance pump for pump vs a 130mph AWD car..

PoloIcebergs car trapped 105@1/8th and 132.XX on the top with straight 93. His car is running the RNR t3 mani with a 6262 and a Maguns Intake. Im sure he is missing a 2-3 MPH up top due to shifting issues with his clutch. His car makes under 600whp.. His car has also made over 15 130+mph pumpgas runs

Pizza's car trapped 130 on straight 93 with a Stock intake, FullRace ex Mani, 6262.. This car had no 2nd gear at the track.. So he didn't really get the most out of the setup either.. This was with around 550-560whp

Neither of the 2 cars have seen 30psi on 93 yet... I dont think they even need it

Correction was 1.2 I think...
Old May 1, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DG Motors
+1

The power is great for 25psi. We would see roughly 450whp with this setup on a 1.0 correction factor on our dyno dynamics. We only use 1.0 correction so If I had to take a guess, 1.1-1.2 seems about right for this power/setup on The Shop's dyno dynamics.
Yea we used to care about the 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 thing... but I gave up trying to explain it..
To many shops with the DD show you a 1.0 number while making a base line or comparing to another tune, and then swap to a different correction after they "tune" it to look like super heroes... We just leave it at 1.2 and match the MPH at the track to the Dyno Number. Besides, its just a sheet with a number on it...
Old May 1, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Well get ready to tune another 130mph car!!!

I am waiting for the last parts and I will bring the car to jimmy along with wiseco hd's, carrillo rods with carr bolts (very light), fluidampr damper, BR 1200cc injectors, BR double pumper, BR FS635 with .82 housing, arp L19 head studs, etc etc

I think with jimmy's build skills and your magic the Shop can have another 130mph full interior street car!

Originally Posted by JuniorAWD
Kouz,

Car has another easy 40whp on 93. I have every thing pretty conservative as he is still running the motor in. Its still a high 120mph car at this power level.

The Magnus Intake is a great Intake. All the cars I have tuned with it make not only more power up top, but make a better mid range as well.. Which gives that awesome power band for every day driving. It really helps in making easy and reliable power. 27-28psi will get you a 128-130mph car on most hta/62setups with the intake... That is on just 93.... Not much stands a chance pump for pump vs a 130mph AWD car..

PoloIcebergs car trapped 105@1/8th and 132.XX on the top with straight 93. His car is running the RNR t3 mani with a 6262 and a Maguns Intake. Im sure he is missing a 2-3 MPH up top due to shifting issues with his clutch. His car makes under 600whp.. His car has also made over 15 130+mph pumpgas runs

Pizza's car trapped 130 on straight 93 with a Stock intake, FullRace ex Mani, 6262.. This car had no 2nd gear at the track.. So he didn't really get the most out of the setup either.. This was with around 550-560whp

Neither of the 2 cars have seen 30psi on 93 yet... I dont think they even need it

Correction was 1.2 I think...
Old May 1, 2009, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by JuniorAWD
Yea we used to care about the 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 thing... but I gave up trying to explain it..
To many shops with the DD show you a 1.0 number while making a base line or comparing to another tune, and then swap to a different correction after they "tune" it to look like super heroes... We just leave it at 1.2 and match the MPH at the track to the Dyno Number. Besides, its just a sheet with a number on it...
Thank you for the simple explanation as to why 1.2. Junior I know your the tuning wiz kid. So I'm juiced about you guys doing my build and tune. Jimmy said that running 1k injectors on stock ECU would be a problem. I hope you can get those things trimmed up.

I am waiting for the last parts and I will bring the car to jimmy along with wiseco hd's, carrillo rods with carr bolts (very light), fluidampr damper, BR 1200cc injectors, BR double pumper, BR FS635 with .82 housing, arp L19 head studs, etc etc

I think with jimmy's build skills and your magic the Shop can have another 130mph full interior street car!
Oh man I can't wait for that call to come by the shop cause they are ready to tune my car. I think I want to hear the Kelford 272 idle first then lets go as high as we can go on 93
Old May 1, 2009, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Kouzman, welcome to the dark side ...lol...ill be interested to see how the fs635 is compared to a 6262
Old May 2, 2009, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DBallz
Oh man I can't wait for that call to come by the shop cause they are ready to tune my car. I think I want to hear the Kelford 272 idle first then lets go as high as we can go on 93
I have the kelfords and they sound great at idle. Very aggressive. Im looking forward to your numbers, ive seen a few reds tuned at the shop and they make some great power on pump.

Absolutely. With Jimmy and the guys at The Shop great work and Juniors tuning im sure you will

Junior Tunes it with his MIND bro!
Old May 2, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for great results on pump/low boost!!

Junior the mad scientist strikes again.....lol

You CT boys are putting together one hell of a "gang" up there... The tri-state area better watch out!!
Old May 2, 2009, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by k2boarder3187
I have the kelfords and they sound great at idle. Very aggressive. Im looking forward to your numbers, ive seen a few reds tuned at the shop and they make some great power on pump.
Well the Kelfords are probably great on your car with AEM but I'm running stock ecu. My buddy has tuned kelfords on stock ecu he told me the one thing he finds funny is when I turn the a/c on at idle the engine may stall . Jimmy was very happy with all my choices on this build so I'm really looking forward to taking this setup to the edge of pump gas before adding meth and more boost
Old May 17, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Nice power!

How high do you rev?

Im putting in the same turbo PT6262 this week hoping to get the same results. Im just waiting for a part from TurboTrix Racing
Old Jul 5, 2009, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For this particular set up, is the PT6262 journal bearing or ball bearing? How much wtq did you make at the 25PSI tune? How does the FS635 compare to the PT6262?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
For this particular set up, is the PT6262 journal bearing or ball bearing? How much wtq did you make at the 25PSI tune? How does the FS635 compare to the PT6262?
I am finishing my car in the next couple of days so I can't really say what's the difference on the two turbos. To tell you my opinion I doubt that they have a difference! I think both of them are billet wheels, precision front and back housings, ball bearing. To tell you the truth I tried to measure the compressor wheel on my fs635 and it's bigger than 62mm... I have pictures somewhere...

When I have final numbers on my fs635 I will post. For the time being on some preliminary tuning I was told someThing around 440-450awhp @25psi on 1.0cf. That's 540awhp on 1.2cf on the fs635...

Quick Reply: The SHOP built 2.0, 6262, Junior Tuned 25psi 93oct